• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Halo 5 and the X1 both number one.
And here comes the holidays right behind it.
They deserve it really. They've been busting their ass for awhile now.
Promising, Hustling,and Delivering.
Hope this trend for continues for them.
Don't get soft Microsoft,keep that Eye of the Tiger baby.

Fhtagn

EDIT: if that 12% referenced below is revenue not total systems sold this math is wrong because of price cuts and more ps4s would have to sell to close the gap. Oops.

So hopefully I'm not making an error in my reading or math, but don't we have enough to estimate PS4 sales based on the venture beat article:

Last year PS4=297, XBO=168, Total is 465
81% up over last year for XBO = 304.8

Last paragraph says console hardware is up by 3 percent because "current gen" (called out as "XBO and PS4" specifically so I think Wii U/handhelds isn't included) is up by 12%

So total * 1.12 = 520.8 and 520.8 - 304.08 = 216.72k PS4 sold.

Assuming my numbers are right and my reading of the wording is right. Hard to say when they are being intentionally cagey/vague.

Ricky_R

Going by the hints so far I would say that Halo being first with only 5 days of tracking says more about the rest than Halo itself.

Can I get an Amen from Queso Cósmico and the Pie Master?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So hopefully I'm not making an error in my reading or math, but don't we have enough to estimate PS4 sales based on the venture beat article:

Last year PS4=297, XBO=168, Total is 465
81% up over last year for XBO = 304.8

Last paragraph says console hardware is up by 3 percent because "current gen" (called out as "XBO and PS4" specifically so I think Wii U/handhelds isn't included) is up by 12%

So total * 1.12 = 520.8 and 520.8 - 304.08 = 216.72k PS4 sold.

Assuming my numbers are right and my reading of the wording is right. Hard to say when they are being intentionally cagey/vague.

I made the same mistake, it's revenue not consoles sold for those percentages.

This Halo talk is tiring because I feel like there's a lot of repeat going on.

Halo 2, 3, 4 and Reach all debuted to ~3.3 million.

1.5 million is a huge drop off for the series. A 305k XB1 month is equally bad but is outdone by how pathetic the PS4 price drop effect was.

Javin98

Banned
LOL, this was supposed to be a legendary NPD thread, but with numbers this low on the hardware, I don't think anyone can be excited. Oh, boy, I feel like my emotions are drained out of me.

Assuming these numbers are correct:

October 2014

PS4: 297K
XB1: 168K
WIIU: 69K

And with the statement that current gen console sales increased by 12% total, and XB1 sales increased by 81%, We can conclude that:

October 2015

XB1: 305K
PS4: 225K

If the WiiU sold less, lets say 50K then the PS4 would have sold 244K, if the WiiU sold 100K, PS4 would have 194K. I think WiiU sales remained constant, there is not much evidence to think otherwise.

Overall, Console sales were decent. I think we all kinda expected a bit more than this given it was Halo month and there was a price cut.

Let me just end this with, November NPD will be interesting.

EDIT: I dont know if I should add more consoles to the "current gen", If that's so, my calculations are wrong, and you should ignore this post.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Halo 5 and the X1 both number one.
And here comes the holidays right behind it.
They deserve it really. They've been busting their ass for awhile now.
Promising, Hustling,and Delivering.
Hope this trend for continues for them.
Don't get soft Microsoft,keep that Eye of the Tiger baby.
mikethetigereyes.jpg

orochi91

Ah, well.

I'll chalk this up to consumers holding back for November and December, particularly Black Friday.

I have high expectations for the PS4 in November because it doesn't get any bigger than Star Wars and COD releasing in the same month, coupled with retailer discounts/bundles.

ryseing

Yay for Rock Band charting. Boo at everything else, especially the fact that software was so bad that Rock Band charted.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Can someone record VinFTW's reactions for when cream gets here? I mean, I have to sleep at some point but I don't want to miss out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

1.5 million is a huge drop off for the series. A 305k XB1 month is equally bad but is outdone by how pathetic the PS4 price drop effect was.
Who said anything about 1.5 million

Home console sales were up 3 percent, but it was 3DS and Vita sales that dragged down the total.

XB1 = 304k
PS4 + WiiU = 246k

Though I'm not sure if that quote from venturebeat includes 360/PS3.
Assuming Wii U is even 50k, that's WAY too low for PS4. There's no way it does sub 200k in October because that'd put it in PS3 territory and it's been much stronger than PS3 every single month in NA in comparison to its rival (aside from last November and December).

Elios83

October 2014

And with the statement that current gen console sales increased by 12% total, and XB1 sales increased by 81%, We can conclude that:

October 2015

If the WiiU sold less, lets say 50K then the PS4 would have sold 244K, if the WiiU sold 100K, PS4 would have 194K. I think WiiU sales remained constant, there is not much evidence to think otherwise.

Overall, Console sales were decent. I think we all kinda expected a bit more than this given it was Halo month and there was a price cut.

Again those comments are about revenues not sales unit.
We need to wait for cremasugar for the other hardware numbers.

The_Dama

SaltShaker.jpg

LOL, this was supposed to be a legendary NPD thread, but with numbers this low on the hardware, I don't think anyone can be excited. Oh, boy, I feel like my emotions are drained out of me.

People expected more from the PS4 price drop , X1 did good comapre to last year .
I guess members that said $50 after 2 years not going to effect much have to be feeling good right now.

MageBoySA

I have a feeling BF, Star Wars bundles amd CoD bundles may be holding the PS4 back even with the drop. But if they don't do huge sales in November, the deals with Activision and EA probably weren't worth it.

Ambient80

Been a while since I haven't seen Minecraft in the Top 10, but I haven't checked NPD for like 3 months either so may not be anything new.

It's actually allegedly less than 1.5 million, going off from Queso's posts from the prediction thread.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

October 2014

October 2015

EDIT: I dont know if I should add more consoles to the "current gen", If that's so, my calculations are wrong, and you should ignore this post.

Wait for Cream post.

Top Bottom