• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

But instead the dumb turquoise?

Teal / Turquoise fits my white / blue build more than the yellow does.

But yeah, a straight black / white would be nice.

It's like how the thermal pads on the corsair GPU AIO water cooler I have are purple.

Like, grey would've been fine and not clashed with anything. But no, fucking purple.

prophecy0

My Nvidia pre-order just shipped. It says it will be here Tuesday. I also ordered an EVGA FE from Amazon but it has no estimated date yet.

My Nvidia pre-order just shipped. It says it will be here Tuesday. I also ordered an EVGA FE from Amazon but it has no estimated date yet.

Damn it. My Nvidia pre-order just shipped as well.

Keep EVGA FE or Nvidia FE?

That is the question now. Have a few days to decide.

And scalpers are selling cards on ebay for $200-300 profit. Most recent sold card was $1050 buy it now, though most are $900 or so

dr_rus

ZOTAC announces GTX 1080 TI AMP Series

ZOTAC-GTX-1080-TI-AMP-Extreme-4.jpg
ZOTAC-GTX-1080-Ti-AMP-2.jpg
ZOTAC-GTX-1080-Ti-Virtual-1.jpg

gdt

My inability to get this card has pushed back me playing Nier and Mass Effect for sure. Both are already bought lol

Just put in my Step-Up request to a FE (I'll be going water).

I know EVGA doesn't drop-ship but Jesus fucking Christ, $75 for overnight shipping? That's a clown price bro.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So upset I missed bestbuy posting th cards. I stayed up till 1am and nothing. Check at 10am nothing. Check again at 11am, sold out -_-

jrcbandit

Damn it. My Nvidia pre-order just shipped as well.

Keep EVGA FE or Nvidia FE?

That is the question now. Have a few days to decide.

They are identical so it doesn't matter other than customer service. EVGA definitely has top notch US-based customer service so I'd go with them if you are paying the same exact pricing. Step up program wont be a factor, though, since they never allow people to step up to a better version of the same exact model (iCX stuff aside which was a side grade with better sensors). Just sell the Nvidia model on Ebay, you might make an extra $100-150 or so off an impatient moron, lol (~$950 minus ebay/paypal fees of $120-130). I assume these scalpers aren't paying sales tax and shipping on their original purchase, because if they are then they are really only making like $60 while risking Ebay scammers...

erawsd

Hmm.. my EVGA "Step Up" request is already out of the queue. I went ahead and put in the request since I only have a couple of weeks left of eligibility but I was expecting to be in queue for at least a month or so.

What does everyone think the evga ftw card is going to cost? $799? $849?

NCIX told me they're estimating the FTW3 to retail for $1,149 CAD, so about $800 in the states?

I was going to wait for it, but I wanted to have the extra power a.s.a.p. for Nier and Mass Effect. Hopefully the FE won't disappoint.

PFD

NCIX told me they're estimating the FTW3 to retail for $1,149 CAD, so about $800 in the states?

I was going to wait for it, but I wanted to have the extra power a.s.a.p. for Nier and Mass Effect. Hopefully the FE won't disappoint.

Wow, hilarious CAD prices

I guess I'm keeping my 980Ti for now

Sarcasm

Can anyone answer? It is only 100 more here so actually buying locally isn't too bad. It is the msi fe for 800.

What is the actual difference or benefits over the fe for customs? Will there be a hybrid? I am new to this as I never really bought a ti or higher end card.

I am asking cause I can pick this up locally today.

What's the difference between the three EVGA versions?

If you are referring to SC, SSC, and FTW. Some small differences.

Mostly the type of material they use will grant different OC abilities. I listed then in order from basic to best. There is some slight difference in clocks. That is from my understanding.

jrcbandit

What's the difference between the three EVGA versions?

The FE will be using a reference board and will work with any water cooling block, but the default cooler is a crappy blower cooler that wont keep the card very cool and lead to downclocking of boost. The FE are really only good for people who plan on eventually replacing the default cooler or don't mind their card running at 80+ C with a noisy cooler.

The SC versions are using the same exact iCX cooler of their 1070 and 1080 lineup. Not sure if they will really be up to the job since the Ti has a higher power draw but at least it is the revamped iCX coolers which came out like last month.

The FTW3 has a triple fan cooler unique to the Ti so it should be the best option unless they price it ridiculously.

If I do go with a Ti, it will either be the FTW3 or a reference model with a water cooled hybrid kit, although I wonder what EVGA will do with their Ti hybrid kit? The older hybrid kits would work with both the reference boards and the ACX coolers, but the iCX coolers and reference boards are no longer interchangeable due to the extra fan header.

Zen Aku

Ahh thanks for the explanation. I'm running my MSI GTX 970 with the default dual fans. Though I supposed if I'm going to upgrade to a 1080TI, I'll most likely make the jump to water cooling as well.

I don't have much knowledge in that department so will have to do some research.

Got an email from an NCIX Canada rep to let me know that "due to higher than normal demand there may be a delay in shipping." Called them to make sure and they said I'll no longer be receiving my card with the first batch, and that they might get more stock next week. I'm okay with it except for the part where they've already charged my credit card for the full amount of the order. So, if you're thinking about ordering from them, know that their "in stock" really means "we're taking orders that we hope to fulfill, eventually."

Their website still says it's in stock.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-36-140030.htm

Newegg pls

Order has been in the Packaging stage for half the day and that's with Rush Order

You in socal right? I'm sure it'll be on a truck tomorrow to be delivered if so. It's always in packaging phase for me until the next morning then it's on its way to be delivered.

Mid-March still. I've been checking every day looking for info.

I hope so. I'm on the fence between them and MSI. I'm to the point to where whatever comes out first/is available I'm getting.

gdt

Now I might as well order the other thing I've been putting off....ram.

Time to move up to 16 from the 8 I have now.

Any good deals kicking around?

Could someone clarify for me how the step up program works. Those of you stepping up cards, did you purchase a warranty through EVGA? I have a 1070 FTW I bought last August and registered upon arrival, will I qualify?

Top Bottom