• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Forgive my ignorance but..

Doesn't Congress still vote and approve these executive orders? I don't remember hearing about that.

PR events made for optics won't change the fact that after 9/11 they pegged all muslims as the same and even attacked Iraq a country that had nothing to do with the attacks and set off a domino effect in the region that is still ongoing.

I would say the invasion of Iraq was economically and ideologically motivated however, not racially/religiously.

SiRatul

I wish all major trade partners would grow some balls and just sanction the US. Should stop this shitshow fast. But then again Trump would probably start dropping nukes left and right so that he can take the wolrd down with him.

Doesn't Congress still vote and approve these executive orders? I don't remember hearing about that.

Congress could, and should, vote to override this order but given that the leader of the House of Representatives is already in favor of it, that isn't going to happen.

Nope that's why their called executive orders. They're pretty much laws that the president can pass without congressional approval. The caveat being that they're only suppose to be directives that affect how the federal government will operate.

kess

Hope Zuckerberg and Twitter are happy. The next shoe to drop on the tech world is Net Neutrality. Get ready.

Vinter

Reading the news about this is just insane. Its remarkable how far a country can fall in a matter of days.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
tqiFVVf.png

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Sickening, honestly.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
So we can show them the fucking door.”
ftfy ;)

npm0925

They won't.
Trump is the Republican's golden goose. They'll not risk giving him up, even if it results in our nation turning to fascism.

Yup. Gotta make the 1% even richer even if it means turning America into a fascist theocracy at war with everyone but Russia. Pigfuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom