• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't believe the trump regret feed. There couldn't have possibly been so many people who did not know who he was or what he stood for. He had coverage every second of the day for an entire year. People knew what they were buying.

Never underestimate people's capacity for stupidity.

I really don't think Ryan and the rest can take four years of this.

Sooner or later they'll crack.
Not sure how much I trust Ryan. Dude has a backbone of a wet noodle.

GOPers tired of any chaos resulting from Trump's actions are more likely to double down on his authoritarian methods of securing "order" than actually growing a backbone and standing up for what's right.
If it goes that way expect more of what we've already seen starting to appear. Laws against protesting.

Majukun

I don't believe the trump regret feed. There couldn't have possibly been so many people who did not know who he was or what he stood for. He had coverage every second of the day for an entire year. People knew what they were buying.

exactly, they are all the same really,they knew what they were voting for

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The White House next strategy ?

Row3QeH.jpg
Oh my lord

I dare say this is absolutely fucking shameless even for Breitbart. Utterly vile.

Is this photoshop?
Nope. I googled it, won't link 'caused banned site (for a reason). It's real.

Ladies and gentleman true evil has entered the WH.
https://twitter.com/theapjournalist/...49847151464448
*shudders*

He's actually pulling the strings, so I'd put him ahead.
He's Trump's Cheney, essentially.

Only somehow worse. I never thought I would see a more evil man than Dick Cheney in the White House but Trump and Bannon sure destroyed that notion.

New York Daily News ‏@NYDailyNews

Woman set for deportation takes 30 sleeping pills and some muscle relaxants in an attempt to commit suicide at JFK

She is in stable condition right now. It is sad to hear though.
Jesus :( :( :(

legacyzero

Banned
No it isn't happening.

We've been hearing this BS about infighting for months now.

If it hasn't stopped this from happening in the first place it won't stop anything now.

Those bastards gotta be reelected ya know. And if Trump pulls some shit that makes even THEM look bad to their base, that gives us 2018.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't understand why people here still fail to understand that what all politicians fear most is losing their seat. GOP reps and senators are behind Trump for now because he won against the odds and they are afraid to upset his base. Very few of them actually support him. They didn't support him until he won.

If the public opinion continues to turn against him, there will be a breaking point where they will eventually scramble over each other to be against him as well. Yes, they are spineless, but not when it comes to defending their job.

Red

Look at Brexit. People do make votes of passion, routine, low information, or just based on hope that things can't get any worse. And I think both 2000 and 2016 show that moderates grow extra complacent when the economy is doing well.

Most of my conservative friends have been weirdly silent, though there is one guy having a daily crisis of faith as the hits keep coming.
I agree with you. But reading the comments on that feed, I can't believe that so many people would be so massively ill informed.

@realDonaldTrump I voted for you, you are a mistake! I've read your books, you are a hypocrite! #regret

@realDonaldTrump You have become a liar and I voted for u - u are creating a global mess.

@garymorgan3742 @FoxNews @KellyannePolls @realDonaldTrump i agree i'm ashamed that i fell for his bs and voted for him.

Like what bs? He's doing exactly what he said he would. He became a liar only after he was elected?? He's been consistent with all his campaign promises. His behavior hasn't changed in the slightest. What universe are these people in that they were on his wagon before and have now suddenly switched lanes?

I agree with you. But reading the comments on that feed, I can't believe that so many people would be so massively ill informed.

Like what bs? He's doing exactly what he said he would. He became a liar only after he was elected?? He's been consistent with all his campaign promises. His behavior hasn't changed in the slightest. What universe are these people in that they were on his wagon before and have now suddenly switched lanes?

never question the depths of ignorance in the American people.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Many people did not believe he'd actually do this stuff. "It's just campaign rhetoric." I know a lot of people in real life who believed that. Now they're shocked he's doing it.

Of course it's insane, and idiotic. But they exist.

Guess who the next disenfranchised voters are going to be?

Good riddance

I don't understand why people here still fail to understand that what all politicians fear most is losing their seat. GOP reps and senators are behind Trump for now because he won against the odds and they are afraid to upset his base.

If the public opinion continues to turn against him, there will be a breaking point where they will eventually scramble over each other to be against him as well. Yes, they are spineless, but not when it comes to defending their job.
What will really change (using Ryan as an example)
WI was ordered just the other day to re-draw the map by Nov. 1, because the other one was deemed unconstitutional. If and only if he loses the areas that give him 100% reelection ability will we see him start to act imo.

It will cause competition that is sorely lacking within my state.

The crazy thing is that many Iranians are actually GOP voters, kind of like Cubans. There's a strong possibility some of these greencard holders are family members of people who voted for Trump.

Loxley

I think you'd be surprised how many Republicans voted for him thinking his more extreme, far-right stances and promises were just big talk in order to get that increasingly vocal chunk of the party on his side.

Red

Many people did not believe he'd actually do this stuff. "It's just campaign rhetoric." I know a lot of people in real life who believed that. Now they're shocked he's doing it.

Of course it's insane, and idiotic. But they exist.
I understand that. It's the specific reasons some people are giving on that feed that are unbelievable. "I fell for his bs" makes no sense. He's doing all the things he promised! What is the bs? If you agreed with his agenda there should be nothing so far that would discourage you from supporting him. "He turned out to be a liar" is a bizarre flight of insanity. That's far different than "I never thought he'd actually do it!"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shut the hell up. These are all steps in the right direction. This is a slow and steady swell of dissatisfaction that needs to continue to grow. Stop discouraging people. We need more of what we saw tonight.
We do need more protests and legal challenges to what's happening, but we don't need this in-fighting. Frozenprince isn't discouraging anyone, he's being realistic about the people we're dealing with.

epmode

There are plenty of examples of Trump voters ignoring Trump's awful policies when they would negatively affect their own lives. See: Obamacare

"I didn't think he was serious about that!"

I suspect that there are a significant amount of people having second thoughts now that he's proving that he was serious about nearly everything.

Red

There are plenty of examples of Trump voters ignoring Trump's awful policies when they would negatively affect their own lives. See: Obamacare

I suspect that there are a significant amount of people having second thoughts now that he's proving that he was serious about nearly everything.
That I totally understand.

This just pretty much guarantees that another terrorist attack will happen on us soil . ISIS would be laughing right now. Weaken us intellegience agencies , turn a huge amount of immigrants against the United States .

It's amazing how far the us have fallen in just a few short months.

At what point do you get a civil war or a military coup.

Woman set for deportation takes 30 sleeping pills and some muscle relaxants in an attempt to commit suicide at JFK

...fuck man :\

Still, happy for everyone who could enter and reunite with their families

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I understand that. It's the specific reasons some people are giving on that feed that are unbelievable. "I fell for his bs" makes no sense. He's doing all the things he promised! What is the bs? If you agreed with his agenda there should be nothing so far that would discourage you from supporting him. "He turned out to be a liar" is a bizarre flight of insanity. That's far different than "I never thought he'd actually do it!"

I imagine a lot of them are people who thought he'd immediately get to work miraculously fixing healthcare or resurrecting extinct industries in the midwest.

Narag

Anyone know if this is real? Apologies if it has already been posted

It's tied to a Colorado state senator's SuperPAC that was formed to stop Hillary. It's name? "Stop Hillary PAC." It's soliciting donations and has the following on its website:

Paid for by the Committee to Defend The President
A project of Stop Hillary PAC, not authorized by any candidate or candidates committee.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of which, I made a sign that said "Freedom of ALL religions" trying to imply freedom of religion isn't just for christians, and it wasn't until i got to the airport that I realized how bad that looks.

This just pretty much guarantees that another terrorist attack will happen on us soil . ISIS would be laughing right now. Weaken us intellegience agencies , turn a huge amount of immigrants against the United States .

It's amazing how far the us have fallen in just a few short months.

At what point do you get a civil war or a military coup.

The most insane part is that ISIS didn't have to do anything.

The United States has went from disliked to outright hated overnight, all thanks to Trump/Bannon/Miller.

Red

I imagine a lot of them are people who thought he'd immediately get to work miraculously fixing healthcare or resurrecting extinct industries in the midwest.
Are there really people out there that would turn on any candidate who did not fulfill every campaign promise within a week? I'm not trying to defend the trumpies here. I'm really having a hard time buying some of those reasons.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

This is just a game to these fuck faces in the white house, they don't realize that they're actually playing with people's lives.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Are there really people out there that would turn on any candidate who did not fulfill every campaign promise within a week? I'm not trying to defend the trumpies here. I'm really having a hard time buying some of those reasons.

I mean, I can't pretend to know for sure. But these people factually exist, so all I can do is speculate.

Don't forget he had an awful lot of "day 1" promises he didn't meet. Specifically about healthcare.

Majukun

then people like that shouldn't be allowed to vote anymore

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Still at the SFO protest and its going strong. People are handing out food and water. We aren't leaving until they're free.

Good for you. They deserve to see your support once finally free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom