• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chichikov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9GKL6i38pI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m7s

C3UO7LbWAAI0O5-.jpg

Rudy Giuliani says on Fox News that he along with some other reps drafted the EO.

It's frightening to hear him explain it. "At first he said he wanted a muslim ban, but then he called me up and asked how to do it legally"
Very expert lawyers!

I think many trump supporters don't care about Obamacare atleast all the ones I know that are ok with trump. I don't keep up with it that well to be honest but talking about voters that like Trump and have Obamacare isn't a huge deal to me. Every idea has a person for or against it after all. You can go interview trump supporters that don't agree with abortion and keep bringing them up like it's most but it isn't true. I don't kbow why some of you focus on this as I don't see why it matters if some trump supporters won't like things he died, that's more than obvious and it's cherry picked news. Wish we wouldn't waste time on that as it isnt a factor imo

A lot of people are very similar to trump, they aren't going to feel bad about most that he does and that includes Obama care. People arent going to reason with your thibing if they don't. They just don't view it the same way

You can throw some logic at them but they won't care. They see it from thier perspective and yours is yours as well. Maybe one issue is they just don't care.

There would be no point in me bringing up what trump does or will do with many of his followers. They way say the things I don't like are good and vice versa. Mention Obama and they say I hate him don't talk about him

Mention global warming and it's not real. Mention immigrants and they may say I don't want to go there so why is it unfair for them not to come here

You also have to understand that our knowledge is the same as thiers. Yes it comes from scientists but we are still getting knowledge. We choose to believe that and trumpers believe the other. To be fair this blends to a similar way of learning. I can say I believe global warming is caused by man and it seems very logical to me without scientists. Just the amount of oil use, the amount of people. But I had to have knowledge from others first. So, I can understand why they believe what they do and why they think I'm wrong.

I really need to step away from all this, anxiety isn't my friend and sometimes just blabber on to be doing something.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

Pastry

Banned
I'm glad that coverage on this (except for fucking Fox) has been unanimous in calling this a complete fucking shitshow and a mistake.

CNN's headline right now is "Executive Disorder" lol

C3UO7LbWAAI0O5-.jpg

Rudy Giuliani says on Fox News that he along with some other reps drafted the EO.

It's frightening to hear him explain it. "At first he said he wanted a muslim ban, but then he called me up and asked how to do it legally"

This is..pretty much admitting of discrimination which they actually have carried out..how does this not move towards impeachment, Republican congress and all? This is insane.

We should be pushing for this because of this statement alone.

stuminus3

C3UO7LbWAAI0O5-.jpg

This isn't frightening it's comical. Imagine going on TV and doing an interview that people all over the world can see and taking credit and acting so proud when this was the best you could come up with. Rudy, your "danger" doesn't stand up to a second of scrutiny, you dumbass.

This is..pretty much admitting of discrimination which they actually have carried out..how does this not move towards impeachment, Republican congress and all? This is insane.

We should be pushing for this because of this statement alone.

Because republicans are shitheads with no morals and don't care about anything other than money and power?

It's beyond unfair for students, workers and people that live here but went home to visit

So does this mean father's, brothers and mothers will be separated, losing money, homes etc.

It seems pure evil

andthebeatgoeson

I'm glad they are protesting at the airport.

And I'm glad some people are now okay with a protest at the airport and others being inconvenienced.

🤔

Some things are worth you being inconvenienced.

I'll go pick up Nana Ruth.

janoDX

You also have to understand that our knowledge is the same as thiers. Yes it comes from scientists but we are still getting knowledge. We choose to believe that and trumpers believe the other.

In short, with the FACTS some people are being smart about it and some people being morons willingly.

I keep wishing BLM and other Progressive groups would simply jack #AllLivesMatter and incorporate it into their rallies. Putting aside the deplorables who employ it, ALM is a great slogan. "Fake News" is a great example of how adept Bannon and the alt-white are at appropriating and refitting the opposition's terminology against them; We could learn from that.

Sciz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3UO7LbWAAI0O5-.jpg[IMG]

It's frightening to hear him explain it. "At first he said he wanted a muslim ban, but then he called me up and asked how to do it legally"[/QUOTE]

Transcribing the rest because it's fucking ridiculous:

GIULIANI: "It's not based on religion. It's based on places where there are substantial evidence that people are sending terrorists into our country."

PIRRO: "Well let me ask you this. When- when- I was kind of surprised to see that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are not on the list, and yet, you know, we know that the San Bernardino attack by Syed Farook and Malik, uh, uh, I think her name was Tashfeen Malik, she was born in Pakistan and then came through Saudi Arabia, so, I mean, why were some of those cultures left out?"

GIULIANI: "Okay, well, I'll tell you about Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is going through a massive change. I think the kingdom, particularly under the new prince, has a real understanding that we're dealing with a massive radical Islamic terrorist problem. It is not the old Saudi Arabia. This isn't the Saudi Arabia of 2000, 2001, 2002... uh, President Obama is dealing with a new Saudi Arabia, which is-"

PIRRO: "President Trump."

GIULIANI: "Uh, President Trump, rather, is dealing with a very different Saudi Arabia than President Obama was dealing with, and a Saudi Arabia that has much closer relationships with Israel and with us, if we know how to use it correctly. Pakistan, Pakistan I would have to know more about. That troubles me a little bit, like it troubles you."

GIULIANI: "It's not based on religion. It's based on places where there are substantial evidence that people are sending terrorists into our country."

PIRRO: "Well let me ask you this. When- when- I was kind of surprised to see that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are not on the list, and yet, you know, we know that the San Bernardino attack by Syed Farook and Malik, uh, uh, I think her name was Tashfeen Malik, she was born in Pakistan and then came through Saudi Arabia, so, I mean, why were some of those cultures left out?"

GIULIANI: "Okay, well, I'll tell you about Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is going through a massive change. I think the kingdom, particularly under the new prince, has a real understanding that we're dealing with a massive radical Islamic terrorist problem. It is not the old Saudi Arabia. This isn't the Saudi Arabia of 2000, 2001, 2002... uh, President Obama is dealing with a new Saudi Arabia, which is-"

GIULIANI: "Uh, President Trump, rather, is dealing with a very different Saudi Arabia than President Obama was dealing with, and a Saudi Arabia that has much closer relationships with Israel and with us, if we know how to use it correctly. Pakistan, Pakistan I would have to know more about. That troubles me a little bit, like it troubles you."
Yeahhhhh ok
Sometimes I still can't believe people like this run our country,

SystemBug

what i fucking hate is how they deflect this shit. oh why dont you ban this other Muslim country instead. its like fuck off mate.

Incarmine

Banned

Whhaaaaaaaat......

Avixph

WTF? He can't even remember Who's president.

This situation is terrifying and deeply saddening. It's just hard to believe America has fallen this far, this fast.

As a Canadian, I've come to depend on the USA my whole life to really feel safe and protect our continent. I've always been thankful to have USA as our neighbor. With all the recent developments with Trump, it really feels that America has plunged the world into chaos.

Somehow America has to rise above this situation, somehow this has to get better. The world depends on the USA to be the leader.

BowieZ

Banned

Yeah, Rudy. We know.

You and Saudi Arabia also have a "special relationship."

Old, corrupt white people running the country- more concerned about their power than what's actually going on in their fucking country.

Great to see resistance to this vile shit. We need to fight this with every ounce of our being lest it overtake our government. We need to let them know this is not what America stands for and Bannon needs to fucking go.

This isn't frightening it's comical. Imagine going on TV and doing an interview that people all over the world can see and taking credit and acting so proud when this was the best you could come up with. Rudy, your "danger" doesn't stand up to a second of scrutiny, you dumbass.

Rudy's the same guy who went on TV days before the Comey letter and gloated about how he knew the FBI had something coming that would help Trump. He tells too much of the truth for the Trump camp's comfort.

Wag

I guess Saudi is OK now if your lord and master has investments there.

I wonder what city you were mayor of on 9/11 2001? Hmmm...

Saudi Arabia likely still has people providing funding to ISIS and even if they don't they did for years.

But people need to stop asking about other countries because the Trumpers keep responding that they should add more

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
He's a garbage person, but he still sees himself running for president later on. Once Trump is seen as an unavoidable sinking ship, Ryan will not go down with him.

I seriously think he is counting on it.

I get Underwood vibes from him.

He's a garbage person, but he still sees himself running for president later on. Once Trump is seen as an unavoidable sinking ship, Ryan will not go down with him.

A few Republicans have spoken up and said that this isn't right, and Ryan wasn't one of them. He fucked up by staying quiet during this disaster.

No wait. He didn't stay silent:
”This is not a religious test and it is not a ban on people of any religion,"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.e9ff307b697c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom