• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Empty words and blame-shifting, no surprise.

If these incompetent fucks were just "following Obama's precedent" then how did they manage to cock it up so badly?

What the FUCK at that last line?????

That last line is his jab at them being against lifting Sanctions. They want to hold Russia accountable so automatically that means they want WWIII

RK128

onald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
...Senators should focus their energies on ISIS, illegal immigration and border security instead of always looking to start World War III.

He really thinks people fighting back against his EO's are efforts to START a World War III? HA! What a joke.

No, people are trying to stop another world war from happening. But at the rate things are going, they will become a lot worse before things get better.

What is up with that WW3 line?

Graham and McCain are two of his biggest Republican critics on Russia, so I took it to be a subtle attack on their criticisms of him/Putin, since they're trying to couch the Trump favoritism toward Russia as being for world peace or whatever.

Let's bring some facts into the equation shall we?
C3XpHr4UEAAYJ2s

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/825822490400276480 Get this shit out there.

I was wondering what was it that Obama did in 2011 Trump's supporters were pointing at.

The people who were vetted then weren't even from those countries that were banned Friday.

Mung

McCain has instigated some terrible shit and is a major problem, but then again, trump is more likely to start ww3 by sheer stupidity.

Well with his daily twitter melt down out of the way. He's clearly trying to bully others from joining against him and he's trying desperately to change the subject.

Is it really though? Didn't Trump insult McCain during the election, and then McCain just has rolled over now that he's in office?

Bear in mind McCain still endorsed after Trump mocked him for being captured and tortured in Vietnam.

As shitty as it sounds, that's likely because they didn't have the juice to do much about his nominations considering they didn't have enough dissenters

Gotta pick your battles. #ShootYourShot2017

all over facebook i keep seeing the "Obama did it in 2011" stuff...when did this become elementary school?

"what you did was wrong"
"well Obama did it first"

what fucking world are we living in?

People like this are being disingenuous or wilfully ignorant. I no longer engage with them.

Zaph

The President of the United States is instilling fears about WW3?

You know, there were a couple other guys who liked to lead their people with fear...

As shitty as it sounds, that's likely because they didn't have the juice to do much about his nominations considering they didn't have enough dissenters

Fair, I suppose. But will they have enough support to do anything about this? We'll see I guess.

I thought it was a pretty good statement and made a pretty good point in the face of the media's 'Muslim ban' outcry... about the 30-40 other countries being predominantly Muslim that weren't banned. My overall take on it is that a vetting and immigration policy like this probably takes months and months to create, fine tune and implement. Trump winning was a shock to everyone... I bet even to most of his team. So this EO was drafted hastily over the past 60 days. Could be why it's 90-120 days...need more time to tweek the the various provisions like with already distributed visas and green cards and so forth. Trump wanted to get something going fast...clearly. Unfortunately it's impacted people that shouldn't have been a target for it (sort of like guinea pigs). That I think was the wrong decision but he's under a ton of pressure to get things done.

My mom, a big Trump supporter, had no idea any of this was going on. I gave her a quick synopsis and she just shrugged and said "Oh well. Trump just needs to revise it a bit and it'll all be fine."

I can't even.

Boke1879

CNN is still doing this both sides shit again having panelist from Trump side.

straight up. Yall gonna have to get over this. As shitty as it is. These news shows will always have a Trump supporter or a surrogate there for the administration. It's nothing new.

I thought it was a pretty good statement and made a pretty good point in the face of the media's 'Muslim ban' outcry... about the 30-40 other countries being predominantly Muslim that weren't banned. My overall take on it is that a vetting and immigration policy like this probably takes months and months to create, fine tune and implement. Trump winning was a shock to everyone... I bet even to most of his team. So this EO was drafted hastily over the past 60 days. Could be why it's 90-120 days...need more time to tweek the the various provisions like with already distributed visas and green cards and so forth. Trump wanted to get something going fast...clearly. Unfortunately it's impacted people that shouldn't have been a target for it (sort of like guinea pigs). That I think was the wrong decision but he's under a ton of pressure to get things done.

Anything to feel better about your vote huh.

kmag

Given McCain is just re-elected for a 6 stint and his age, if there's anyone in the Republican party who shouldn't give a fuck about enabling Trump carte blanche it's McCain, he's very unlikely to seek reelection in 6 years time.

RPGCrazied

Those new tweets, holy shit. The longer he remains President World War III is inevitable. Hopefully Republicans wake the fuck up and impeach him.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Flynn Jr. and David Duke called it a Muslim ban, so it's not just the media calling it that.

Oh, yeah. Giuliani called it that too. And claimed he worked it on.

Boke1879

Funny how you come out now to say something after a meaningless press statement.

onald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
...Senators should focus their energies on ISIS, illegal immigration and border security instead of always looking to start World War III.

Well to be fair, McCain and Graham are arguably two of the most vocal hawks in Congress. I'm not sure if he's contrasting their support of military interventions in Muslim countries to their restraint with this EO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom