• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apdiddy

Donald Trump just did two things -- his tweets and the terrible statement -- that should be grounds for impeachment. If the senators he attacked McCain and Graham don't introduce articles of impeachment tomorrow, I don't know what it will take.

Obama has nothing to do with the policy Trump created. Congress did. Trump didn't even bother going through normal channels to draft it. CPB and DHS are confused about the executive order -- that's not the media's fault. You're the President -- provide directions. They cannot read your mind (and thank God for that).

Trump released a statement:

HGytI64.png

He released this today?

This is GOOD. He had to be importuned while watching his fucking Meeting Dory movie to say a bunch of bullshit that will on way shape or form calm down the people.

At least this has forced him to say something.

Its not good at all, but they're acknowledging the absolute anger over this.

Anger will only increase

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you remember how basically all of Trumps other attacks for years have only been reflections of his own ideas and plans, right?

Ponn

Banned
I thought it was a pretty good statement and made a pretty good point in the face of the media's 'Muslim ban' outcry... about the 30-40 other countries being predominantly Muslim that weren't banned. My overall take on it is that a vetting and immigration policy like this probably takes months and months to create, fine tune and implement. Trump winning was a shock to everyone... I bet even to most of his team. So this EO was drafted hastily over the past 60 days. Could be why it's 90-120 days...need more time to tweek the the various provisions like with already distributed visas and green cards and so forth. Trump wanted to get something going fast...clearly. Unfortunately it's impacted people that shouldn't have been a target for it (sort of like guinea pigs). That I think was the wrong decision but he's under a ton of pressure to get things done.

Would love to see you day this bullshit to each detainees face.

"Sorry you were guinea pigs for our racist discriminatory ban. We will work ong getting our discriminatory racism fine tuned"

I thought it was a pretty good statement and made a pretty good point in the face of the media's 'Muslim ban' outcry... about the 30-40 other countries being predominantly Muslim that weren't banned. My overall take on it is that a vetting and immigration policy like this probably takes months and months to create, fine tune and implement. Trump winning was a shock to everyone... I bet even to most of his team. So this EO was drafted hastily over the past 60 days. Could be why it's 90-120 days...need more time to tweek the the various provisions like with already distributed visas and green cards and so forth. Trump wanted to get something going fast...clearly. Unfortunately it's impacted people that shouldn't have been a target for it (sort of like guinea pigs). That I think was the wrong decision but he's under a ton of pressure to get things done.

Hey Barack.

Obama was better

Boke1879

Would love to see you day this bullshit to each detainees face.

No need to give him the time. Popped his head in a thread to praise a meaningless statement but absent while all this bullshit is going on. That's the MO for a lot of Trump supporters. When something comes out that they can't defend they are absent.

I'd have more respect for dude if he just straight up said. "this was a clusterfuck and he shouldn't have done it."

Izayoi

Banned
Did you forget to take your meds?

Justin Amash ‏@justinamash 15m15 minutes ago
More
Justin Amash Retweeted Rebecca Berg
False. Pres. Trump's EO affects immigrants (green card holders), nonimmigrants, and refugees. Pres. Obama's action affected only refugees.

If any Trump stans are putting out the false equivalence between this EO and what Obama did in 2011 please refer to this tweet from GOP Congressman Amash.

Anyone have replies to my post besides one-liners?
I didn't think earlier would be an appropriate time to post...that's all. Posting early in the thread when everyone is raging would've been a mistake, so I waited, and the press statement gave me something specific to talk about. Sorry for whatever if it was stupid.

I didn't think earlier would be an appropriate time to post...that's all. Posting early in the thread when everyone is raging would've been a mistake, so I waited, and the press statement gave me something specific to talk about. Sorry for whatever.

There's nothing to say. It's a shoddy implementation at best, and bigotry by executive decision at worst.

RDreamer

Is it conspiracy theorist of me to kind of believe these fucks picked the same countries as something Obama did and then purposefully told them to enforce it to green card holders in order to cause a big shit storm and then point to the media and say there's bias using the Obama example?

Like, that was all part of the game plan.

stuminus3

Pure creamy horseshit and I'm genuinely sorry if you believe this garbage.

If it takes months to put together a strong vetting immigration policy then take months to put together a strong vetting and immigration policy. None of the 7 countries on the banned list were a danger to anyone. There was no need for this. There was no need for Trump to get anything done this fast. He's accomplished nothing other than tearing his own country apart.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't think earlier would be an appropriate time to post...that's all. Posting early in the thread when everyone is raging would've been a mistake, so I waited, and the press statement gave me something specific to talk about. Sorry for whatever.

Did you not see my post? Or are you just going to ignore it since it refutes your belief that the "Muslim ban" is solely based around "media outcry?"

Come on man, I was even being respectful in it.

Sylas

The press statement was literally "¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry guys we got it wrong the first time I promise it'll be better the next time I do it!!!!"

You don't get to fuck up this hugely on an EO. Fullstop.

I didn't think earlier would be an appropriate time to post...that's all. Posting early in the thread when everyone is raging would've been a mistake, so I waited, and the press statement gave me something specific to talk about. Sorry for whatever if it was stupid.

You are getting one liners because your post is shit

Boke1879

The clusterfuck of an Executive Order should have given you plenty to discuss, but you were silent. That speaks volumes.

Ponn

Banned

What do you want? You support racist discrimination and voted for a racist bigot. We know what you are from your post history so what's to discuss. These semantic game bullshit is done here.

Corker making such a forceful statement is a pretty big deal. He was one of the significant defenders of Trump in the senate during the election.

Wonder if Trump attacks him too.

Yeah Corker's big. He's more 'reliable' than McCain or Graham but still not completely nuts. For him to put that out there must be a lot of pressure on Congress.

The lay of the land here is that Trump is the devil and everything he does is the worst thing in the history of all Presidents.

Is it conspiracy theorist of me to kind of believe these fucks picked the same countries as something Obama did and then purposefully told them to enforce it to green card holders in order to cause a big shit storm and then point to the media and say there's bias using the Obama example?

Like, that was all part of the game plan.
No that's exactly what I said earlier. People kept pointing out the business connections as the reason for the countries listed, and while that was convenient and might have been a factor, I don't think it was the deciding reason. They obviously picked this list on purpose to be able to draw false equivalence to Obama.

RDreamer

Like, are you really seriously ok with the President putting out an absolutely constitutionally questionable clusterfuck of an EO that pisses off our allies, puts our soldiers at risk, has almost no logic to it at all, and was never vetted through any of the proper channels to find any of those holes because he's under a ton of pressure to get things done?

I'm seriously asking. Are you ok with that? Because what happens when he does something like that with things that are even more volatile?

The lay of the land here is that Trump is the devil and everything he does is the worst thing in the history of all Presidents.

Not everything.

Most of the things he has DONE have been either idiotic, erratic, filled with conflicts of interests and irresponsible.

And yes, worst president in the story of presidents just from week 1 is not an exaggeration.

I don't get it either. It can't be just because they don't want to piss of Trump's base(which really isn't that big), they can still get their policy they want with Pence. I don't see why they desire Trump so much.

Nobody wants to be the one who steps into the ring first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom