• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Can anyone find anymore articles on the Obama processing pause in 2011. I've already made arguments such as.

"Except this EO also banned green card holders. Until today when John Kelly exempted green card holders. Also the Obama "ban" was a hold on only new processing for all citizens of Iraq due to an investigation of possible threat in kentucky from Iraq. The current EO is sweeping, based on religion as members of certain religions get expedited, and in response to no new threat. I agree, and many others do that immigrant vetting from unstable regions should be strengthened but almost everyone agrees this was brash and damaging."

But also looking for possible news articles to see there were protests for this decision if even small.

Blizzard

Banned
Hm interesting. That moves to the next question, when was it removed? If it disappeared in the last 48 hours, I'll buy it meaning something. If not, it might just be a completely idiotic web design error.
It went away on the 21st when the website rolled over.

Here's the thing -- even if one argues it's "just" a webpage they haven't got around to adding in yet since replacing Obama's website, what does that say about their priorities? They DID see fit to keep webpages about the Executive and Legislative branches.

rjinaz

Why do people who "just have a different opinion" also rely on bullshit news sites and blatantly false myths about what type of people have jobs?

It's kind of funny actually that hewillnotdivideusstream, the 4chan trolls are mostly out at night and early morning where they can take over the stream while, you know, everybody else sleeps and works for a living.

Dai101

Banned
Ohh how crazy some one has a different opinion in a democracy, must be hitler. Ban him.

OX8imTr.gif

bye bitch

Steel

Banned
Kinda wanted to see them back themselves further into a corner on sourcing fake news. Might've actually thought about the point they're trying to make.

KHarvey16

It's kind of funny actually that hewillnotdivideusstream, the 4chan trolls are mostly out at night and early morning where they can take over the stream while, you know, everybody else sleeps and works for a living.

Yeah, seriously. I think there was even a study done recently that showed political views did not coincide with the likelihood of being employed.

It's the internet and anonymity, some people get a boner over shitposting to get attention.

Edit: Account since 07 and has like 10 posts... Yeah, it's an alt account.

Lol, hope it was worth it for them.

Kinda wanted to see them back themselves further into a corner on sourcing fake news. Might've actually thought about the point they're trying to make.

you can only do it so many times

they've already done it more than enough in one week

and they don't really have Obama to blame for anythig too

Jill Biden
‏@JillBidenVeep

Follow
More
Jill Biden Retweeted Trump Hotels
When people showed up to airports to protest your owner's xenophobic, unconstitutional #MuslimBanJill Biden added,
Trump Hotels @TrumpHotels
Tell us your favorite travel memory - was it a picture, a souvenir, a sunset? We'd love to hear it!

C3YkS2gUEAIB-3Y.jpg:large

C3YlAhjUMAA-AOK.jpg:large

Ohh how crazy some one has a different opinion in a democracy, must be hitler. Ban him.

Ok then!

The whole "protestors don't have jobs/need to shut up and find work" line of thought is so troubling. It's such a good way for the ruling class to control people. Make the middle class vanish, and keep the poor working class from ever rising up by demonizing them ever taking time to address political issues they care about.

I wonder if that shit was being thrown around back during the Boston Tea Party.

On the 21st, according to comments on that Twitter link. I'm not sure how to check.
There hasn't been a judicial page since it switched over to the Trump version of the site back on the 20th.

Comments indicate it was removed on 21th but when did Trump's version of the site go up? Was it always missing or removed afterwards? Hard to say.

Considering there is a lot of half-assed stuff in Trump administration, it is possible it is really just forgotten (or maybe it is on source code but messed up or something?).
But i wonder...
Meh, that doesn't really move me that much then. If it happened in the dead of last night, I'd be a little startled by it being retaliatory or something. Not that they deserve the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like it might just be an oversight. I don't think removing that page is how you start some fundamental undermining of the judiciary. But I guess anything could be possible.
It went away on the 21st when the website rolled over.

Here's the thing -- even if one argues it's "just" a webpage they haven't got around to adding in yet since replacing Obama's website, what does that say about their priorities? They DID see fit to keep webpages about the Executive and Legislative branches.
It tells me that they're incompetent mooks who don't know anything about web design or the basics of American civics. Which I knew already :p

B.O.O.M

I love seeing kids getting involved via the parents..it's great. Bless all of them.

that Cheetos sign tho lmao 'Get back in the bag"

ColdPizza

Banned
I was proud to protest today at Raleigh-Durham International with my wife and kids. The protest organizers only expected 150 protesters but over 1,000 showed up! Here are some pics:

Love the inside of that terminal. I fly there every year to visit my brother. Not surprised in the least, R/D is very diverse with Duke/UNC/RTP in the area.

Blizzard

Banned
It tells me that they're incompetent mooks who don't know anything about web design or the basics of American civics. Which I knew already :p
Maybe, but why that specific one when the other two are there? It's quite odd.

Also, check archive.org. Note that the executive page is exactly the same, at least the top half of the page, and yet the judicial one is entirely removed. They could have simply copied the other one instead of picking one specific one to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom