• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spicer defending the sudden nature of the immigration EO:

"What would happen if we didn't act and somebody was killed" (his emphasis)

wow.

I'll translate the propaganda - we didn't have any specific, actionable intelligence but we thought it best to spread as much fear, uncertainty, and doubt as we possibly could.

What does 325,000 represent? And how is it relevant to this situation?

might be the total number of people who go through US immigration in a day

it's relevant to people who think they're dealing with inventory or something. trump doesn't understand the difference between running a country and running a business

I'll translate the propaganda - we didn't have any specific, actionable intelligence but we thought it best to spread as much fear, uncertainty, and doubt as we possibly could.

the perfect followup question to spicer would have been, so the president is reading daily security briefings now, or was this a threat from last weeks summary in crayon?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Sooo...uhmm
I'm not gonna claim I fully understand how your government works, but it strikes me as kinda odd how the Judicial Branch was seemingly deleted from the "Our government" section of https://www.whitehouse.gov/

C3YsEgSUYAAp9XZ.jpg

Though obviously the "Resources" page was deleted too, so it might be nothing. It's just, well, kinda weird to see this right now.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

it's relevant to people who think they're dealing with inventory or something. trump doesn't understand the difference between running a country and running a business

It only takes 1 case to break the Constitution. This is not a game of numbers.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I love how Joe and Mika are doing everything they can to blame the ban on "on young white house staffers" and Stephen Miller, not the President of the United States.

thefro

Has this idiot every looked into the immigration and travel process to the US? You can't get a visa quickly. A damn ESTA clearance needed to fly from first world countries takes 72 hours already.

That and people in theory would have rushed in already during Obama's lame duck.

Koomaster

That seems unusually high for immigrants. I don't think the US gets nearly 1/3 of a million immigrants per day. That would translate to something like 120 million a year?! The total population of the US is only around 300milllion. Maybe the number represents total international travelers that day or the 325k is total number of immigrants a year?

I honestly do not know but it sounds like something that should be followed up on by the press, to ask what exactly that figure represents. At best the tweet is obfuscation of the facts, but probably just a straight up lie at this point.

The tweet makes it seem like this is all because of a computer issue; which if even remotely true, gives people more than enough right to be upset about immigrants being detained hours/days and some sent back, or asking to sign their rights away and charging them with crimes they didn't even know they were committing. So yeah, ultimately his explanation doesn't even come close to good enough.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

I have made my decision on who I will nominate for The United States Supreme Court. It will be announced live on Tuesday at 8:00 P.M. (W.H.)

Yikes!

Bad = Muslims?

Dudes = Terrorists?

You can't just go telling terrorists what you are doing . Like Obama and Isis. Isis are bad people they really are and here we are telling them we are going to attack you.

Why can't we just go in all stealth like and take out these bad Isis mofos.

Trump is a genius mastermind , I bet Putin gave him some great stealth attack tips .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom