• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obi-Wan Kenobi |OT| Hello there…

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I thought they owned the music to Star Wars?
I'm sure they do but the top it off John Williams is already doing the music for the series. It was actually one of the highlights.

So I agree that not having the Imperial March or at least a sort of remake of it is weird to exclude.

Anyways, it's quite funny because I have a friend who's never really watched Star Wars but he's loving Jedi Fallen Order so I'm sharing my Disney Plus account with him and he's actually watching the series. I don't even think he's ever watched the original trilogy. The only other media of Star Wars he's seen his Rogue One also because of me.

dr_octagon

Banned
Fans asking for a good show.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Dinsey when making the show.
Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Fans after watching the show.
star wars follow for follow GIF

Darkmakaimura

This just popped up on my Twitter feed a few minutes ago....

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I also just learned in that same thread that the drug dealer girl from episode 2 is Ewan McGregor's real life daughter.

l-intro-1653680176.jpg

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There is a big question that hollywood seems to have forgotten.

It's an essential one.

Why does this need to exist?

This show tells a wholly uninteresting, unnecessary and unimportant story. They're filling a gap that didn't need filling.

It's pointless, meaningless, not necessarily terrible, but completely uninspired.
To keep Disney+ Profitable

I'm just now learning about the racist jabs at Moses Ingram (2nd Sister) ... Her DMs she shared were disgusting ... Calling her the N-word and such. Threatening her life. Smh

She's beautiful
she is cute .. but there’s always hate on the internet. If there was only a few bad tweets in a sea of hundreds of thousands then just ignore those idiots and move on.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Still liking this show. I truly don’t get how self hating Star Wars fans are. My biggest gripe is people getting pissed because their own fan theories didn’t come true or some obscure reference in a Darth Vader comic wasn’t adhered to: comics have never been canon and the oveewhelming majority of them are garbage stories with the exception of the old EU Dark Horse stuff: Dark Empire was a much much better take on Palpatine than TROS which I’d argue is the only truly bad film in the series. Why? Because it gave “fans” exactly what they thought they wanted and took no risks like TLJ or it took a risk then someone changed their mind in post: like Chewie and Rey should stayed dead then it would be a good film. Hell just having the force ghosts show up instead of voices would have made it at least a B-

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Does anyone know if the release of episodes are timed regionally?

This just popped up on my Twitter feed a few minutes ago....

Is he not a SAG member? Seems like something he should correct immediately if he's not. I am pretty sure there's no way for a company to get around paying a SAG member unless that member chooses not to be paid (any members here to verify?). Either way, how sad. Imagine being a producer for a company like Disney, with all the money in the world, and you short the fucking body double. What a greedy move.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I think Disney should take some pointers from whoever is producing The Boys.

I already watched the first three episodes of season 3 and just like season 1 and 2, this show is a lot of fun.

It's chock full of personality and the action and drama is just a ton of fun to watch.

Modern produces a Star Wars need to take a few pointers from the people behind The Boys.

Go watch The Boys. It's a good freaking show.

BadBurger

I think Disney should take some pointers from whoever is producing The Boys.

I already watched the first three episodes of season 3 and just like season 1 and 2, this show is a lot of fun.

It's chock full of personality and the action and drama is just a ton of fun to watch.

Modern produces a Star Wars need to take a few pointers from the people behind The Boys.

Go watch The Boys. It's a good freaking show.

Believe it or not, the two most prominent producers are Seth Rogen and his friend / sometimes collaborator Evan Goldberg. They teamed up to bring Preacher to the small screen as well (though I don't think they quite nailed the source material there the way they got The Boys right).

Darkmakaimura

Believe it or not, the two most prominent producers are Seth Rogen and his friend / sometimes collaborator Evan Goldberg. They teamed up to bring Preacher to the small screen as well (though I don't think they quite nailed the source material there the way they got The Boys right).
I fucking loathe Seth Rogen but I guess it's a good argument for the broken clock when it comes to this show. I honestly wonder how much influence and creativity he really does have on this show.

I just want to clarify that when I say I loathe Seth Rogen, I really emphasize that I seriously loathe that man.

I hate the man so much that I pretty much feel he gives us Jews a bad name. Please don't get me started.

(Edit: I promise to drop discussing Seth Rogen any further, for the sake of everyone here and my own sanity....)

Last edited:

sol_bad

Does anyone know if the release of episodes are timed regionally?

Is he not a SAG member? Seems like something he should correct immediately if he's not. I am pretty sure there's no way for a company to get around paying a SAG member unless that member chooses not to be paid (any members here to verify?). Either way, how sad. Imagine being a producer for a company like Disney, with all the money in the world, and you short the fucking body double. What a greedy move.

I wouldn't trust anything Star Wars Girl is trying to push. Her YouTube channel and Twitter are 95% negativity.

BadBurger

I wouldn't trust anything Star Wars Girl is trying to push. Her YouTube channel and Twitter are 95% negativity.

I see that now - took a gander around her Twitter. She's the type of person I mute when I come across them. Why even be a fan of something if all you're going to do is complain about it? Too many Twitter accounts are like that.

I see that now - took a gander around her Twitter. She's the type of person I mute when I come across them. Why even be a fan of something if all you're going to do is complain about it? Too many Twitter accounts are like that.
I have my issues with current Star Wars and Marvel but she just seems to be negative to get the clicks. Not to mention she's a attractive girl and it's obvious some guys just simp for her. I can't stand grifters

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I can't speak for the Twitter user herself but she is basically just posting information that she found.

By the way, this is not That Star Wars Girl. This one is sort of a Great Value/Kroger knock off. Call me crazy but I have a suspicion it may not even be a girl to begin with unlike That Star Wars Girl who obviously is.

Btw, That Star Wars Girl is okay. She seems a bit snobby but otherwise decent. MechaRandom42 however....

It was MechaRandom42 who posted that awfully cringey "operations darkies" YouTube video. I can't stand her but it's for reasons that go beyond that.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the Twitter user herself but she is basically just posting information that she found.

By the way, this is not That Star Wars Girl. This one is sort of a Great Value/Kroger knock off. Call me crazy but I have a suspicion it may not even be a girl to begin with unlike That Star Wars Girl who obviously is.

Btw, That Star Wars Girl is okay. She seems a bit snobby but otherwise decent. MechaRandom42 however....

It was MechaRandom42 who posted that awfully cringey "operations darkies" YouTube video. I can't stand her but it's for reasons that go beyond that.

You mean her?

Yeah can't stand her. She's of the same ilk as Anita.

That is That Star Wars Girl.

You should search for MechaRandom42 on Youtube if you really want to see some terrible cringe.
I watched one of MechaRandom42 videos before and stopped watching halfway through, she is so cringe. I tried watching a video of Geeks And Gamers on youtube. Same thing. I tried watching That Star Wars Girl but I ran into the same issue, also that snobby attitude is a turn off and made me roll my eyes. I tried watching one of the anti woke you tubers and one of them was literally in tears saying fuck you Pablo Hidalgo. I was like seriously dude? You're getting upset over what he said and than the upset dude proceeded to shout that out loud made me laugh. Because it sounded so fake and scripted. I was embrassed to even have to watch that video. I had to stop watching. I can't stand Feminazis and SJW but man the other side can be as equally as cringe lol

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I watched one of MechaRandom42 videos before and stopped watching halfway through, she is so cringe. I tried watching a video of Geeks And Gamers on youtube. Same thing. I tried watching That Star Wars Girl but I ran into the same issue, also that snobby attitude is a turn off and made me roll my eyes. I tried watching one of the anti woke you tubers and one of them was literally in tears saying fuck you Pablo Hidalgo. I was like seriously dude? You're getting upset over what he said and than the upset proceeded to shout that out loud made me laugh. Because it sounded so fake and scripted. I was embrassed to even have to watch that video. I had to stop watching. I can't stand Feminazis and SJW but man the other side can be as equally as cringe lol
MechaRandom42 is one of the most disingenuous and snobby people I've ever met. I remember tweeting her about some of that and stuff going on at that event and she replies to me that she doesn't care about it or have time for it or energy for it. She completely blew me off on these suggestions I had for videos about it.

She very much emphasized that she doesn't care, doesn't have energy and doesn't have time. Lo and behold about 4 or 5 hours later she has a video up about it.

At that point I just unfollowed her and that was it.

Apparently, most of her peers like Fandom Menace and even people like Vito can't stand her and think she's either cringy or too extreme and they're correct.

MechaRandom42 is one of the most disingenuous and snobby people I've ever met. I remember tweeting her about some of that and stuff going on at that event and she replies to me that she doesn't care about it or have time for it or energy for it. She completely blew me off on these suggestions I had for videos about it.

She very much emphasized that she doesn't care, doesn't have energy and doesn't have time. Lo and behold about 4 or 5 hours later she has a video up about it.

At that point I just unfollowed her and that was it.

Apparently, most of her peers like Fandom Menace and even people like Vito can't stand her and think she's either cringy or too extreme and they're correct.

Yeah I tend to avoid most drama YouTubers like Fandom Menace, MechaRandom42, That Star Wars Girl, Matt Jarbo, etc etc

BadBurger

I fucking loathe Seth Rogen but I guess it's a good argument for the broken clock when it comes to this show. I honestly wonder how much influence and creativity he really does have on this show.

I just want to clarify that when I say I loathe Seth Rogen, I really emphasize that I seriously loathe that man.

I hate the man so much that I pretty much feel he gives us Jews a bad name. Please don't get me started.

(Edit: I promise to drop discussing Seth Rogen any further, for the sake of everyone here and my own sanity....)

I don't know anything about the guy aside from that he sells some pretty bomb-ass weed (Houseplant is the company) and makes really ugly vases he shares on social media. Oh, and he's Jewish, which I guess his name should have tipped me off to but I just never heard him speaking about his background or religion so I had no idea.

But he's one of the original early 2000's to early 2010's anything goes, raunchy comedians. So it shouldn't be a surprise he gravitated towards properties like The Boys and Preacher.

Last edited:

BadBurger

This episode was so good.

Kenobi being Kenobi.

The Reva actress doing a superb job.

Minimal little Leia running.

The plot actually pushed forward!

Best episode by far.

Edit: when Vader unexpectedly turns his glance on Reva and takes several steps towards her - wow, fucking frightening. If that was Hayden in the suit he has definitely been reading up on how scary this era of Vader was in the comics.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

Decent episode but good god, I sympathize with the reva's actress. She just can't act as a menacing villain.
I feel the pain of boredom the exchange conversation between reva and leia.

MrMephistoX

This episode was so good.

Kenobi being Kenobi.

The Reva actress doing a superb job.

Minimal little Leia running.

The plot actually pushed forward!

Best episode by far.

Edit: when Vader unexpectedly turns his glance on Reva and takes several steps towards her - wow, fucking frightening. If that was Hayden in the suit he has definitely been reading up on how scary this era of Vader was in the comics.

Agreed this was a great episode only issue was length…it’s really only like 30 minutes with the recap and 5 minutes of credits. Doesn’t matter long term since we’ll have basically 4 hour movie by the end of it but the length sucks week to week.

Toons

I dug this ep it felt a lot like jedi fallen order and thats because it is using the same base and elements, and you can even see the JFO troopers at one point, which is very cool.

Also was really reminded of Cal with how they shot Kenobis lightsaber stuff, it looked great.

Reva interrogating Leia was showing a slightly more vulnerable side, and you can see how they are shaping Leia to be vehemently anti empire as she grows and also showing how she isn't willing to compromise anything even for her own safety... which of course will lead to the destruction of her home planet.

Pretty cool stuff

Ironbunny

So great I finally cancelled disney+. Man I hope was about 6-10 years old and I might like this just for the light show.

Reva's corridor walk did give me a chuckle. They left in a scene where she starts to walk from stand still. Clearly a different take to get a different view of the walk. It does seem like the whole problem with the show is just untalented people in the lead. Reva's actress might actually be good with a different director.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Anyone who says Obi-Wan did not know who Darth Vader was. I'm watching Revenge of the Sith right now and at 1:37 Yoda says Anakin was consumed by Darth Vader right in front of Obi-Wan.
syWTt0j.gif

Are you saying that a competent person without political agendas could have written a more coherent story just by watching the previous piecies of media that the company who employes you put out previously and is even on your own streaming service??

..What the fuck are you smoking? Thats some crazy bullshit talk!

I personally loved it when Spock spoke to the Ewoks on the bridge of the Galactica, I really hope we get to the the plight of the Crites.

Venuspower

Another good episode. But no more than that. I was kind of hoping we did get a Cal Kestis Easter egg. But since the partisan group did not know that anyone had ever penetrated the Fortress Inquisitorius, we can now at least say that they have had no contact with the Mantis crew so far. I do not think we will see Quinlan Vos in the last two episodes. At least we got Glup Shitto in the form of Tera Sinube today.

But what bothered me most was the length of the episode. So far you can clearly see that the script was planned as a movie. In a movie, todays episode would be covered in 10 - 15 minutes in a movie. But here is the problem. With regular series, I would always expect 45 minutes of running time. And with limited series like Kenobi, 60 minutes per episode. But that does not work when you turn a movie script into a script for a series. You have to fill the script with life.

Otherwise, I almost felt like I was watching a live-action version of the Fallen Order ending. If Kenobi had escaped through the water, it would have made it even more perfect.

Romulus

Ep 4 was ok. Better than the other shit we've had for sure. Reva's acting is a complete buzzkill though. She's not villain material.

ManaByte

I watched one of MechaRandom42 videos before and stopped watching halfway through, she is so cringe. I tried watching a video of Geeks And Gamers on youtube. Same thing. I tried watching That Star Wars Girl but I ran into the same issue, also that snobby attitude is a turn off and made me roll my eyes. I tried watching one of the anti woke you tubers and one of them was literally in tears saying fuck you Pablo Hidalgo. I was like seriously dude? You're getting upset over what he said and than the upset dude proceeded to shout that out loud made me laugh. Because it sounded so fake and scripted. I was embrassed to even have to watch that video. I had to stop watching. I can't stand Feminazis and SJW but man the other side can be as equally as cringe lol
The only good Star Wars YouTuber is Hello Greedo.

Those other channels loved TLJ before they figured out they could make a lot of money hating it.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Episode 4 was much better and I mostly enjoyed it. Can't stand Revas run, she can't run, it's like she didn't do any physical training for the show at all.

And Obi-Wan hiding from the stormtroopers in the hallway was dumb, how could they not see him?

pramod

Banned
Actually I take it back, the writing of this show is much worse than Rise of Skywalker.

To accept the utter stupidity of what happened, and that Reva actually planned to "let them go" all along, you have to follow this "logic":

So everyone in that base was "play acting" along with Reva

So Reva knew exactly when the speeders would arrive

So Reva thought that even though she had Leia+Kenobi+the traitor right there in front of her, it was better to let them "escape".

And what's worse, Vader thought this all made sense too.

:messenger_grimmacing_

Ulysses 31

Did they really preserve a slaughtered youngling all this time and bring it to this base? Or did this base already exist when Anakin made his visit to the Jedi Temple? 👀

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Actually I take it back, the writing of this show is much worse than Rise of Skywalker.

To accept the utter stupidity of what happened, and that Reva actually planned to "let them go" all along, you have to follow this "logic":

So Reva thought that even though she had Leia+Kenobi+the traitor right there in front of her, it was better to let them "escape".

Well, the writer of the show admitted he didn't know about Anakin surviving the battle on Mustafar and became Vader during the writing of this show and only found out from others. 👀

Speaking with TheWrap, Harold revealed he didn’t originally pitch Kenobi not knowing that Darth Vader survived their battle.

He said, “That was actually not something I pitched originally. That was something I discovered along the way, and sort of had to confirm with Pablo [Hidalgo] and really think, ‘Hold on a second, what does he actually know?'”
From there, Harold listed off a string of questions with one of them implying he and the team at Lucasfilm working on this show do not realize that Obi-Wan Kenobi knows that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader.

He questioned, “‘Does he know the moniker Vader? What would that mean? Can he associate the two? What was he cognizant of? How isolated is he? Where’s Vader at that time? Where’s his reputation and how well known is he?’ and all those pieces of the puzzle.”

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

It does sound like a Dr. Evil plot.
You Just Dont Get It Austin Powers GIF by reactionseditor

Planting a tracker on the droid made sense after the first escape if looking at the Force as being with Kenobi and Organa. The rest does sound made up on the spot as she was figuring things out. My out for Vader leaving that middle manager alive is that it motivates the others that hate her. No way he couldn't sense it. If they haven't killed her yet then why should he make it easy for them.
And a simple reference to Ep IV tracker and Tarkin giving voice to those stronger doubts with these grand plots as well as giving some background for Leai's doubts during the Death Star escape.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I ditched out of Disney Plus a few weeks ago. Moon Knight was sort of the last straw for me. Not a bad show, and the acting was great, but definitely not the quality or tone I was looking for, and I love the character in the comics.

I thought they had me up their ass when they announced there would be live-action MCU shows, but they aren't satisfying to me at all. I'm still enjoying the MCU movies - albeit, a little less - these days, but the shows don't feel up to that standard, as was promised. And even at that great standard, a lot of it is starting to feel the same.

Then Book of Boba Fett also made me question what I was paying for.

I'm hoping they can pull me back in within a year or so, by stepping up the quality and diversifying in tone. I miss my Simpson's app.

Toons

Uhhh no.

Reva was lying to Leia, she knew Obi Wan was not dead. So she knew that he'd come for her eventually, which is the whole reason she kidnapped Leia in the first place. She planted the tracker in the drone obviously before she was going to torture leia.

She did plan to torture Leia, but when she got interrupted she assumed correctly that Kenobi was making his move.

They sent forces to stop him but he gets past those, and Reva at that point know seeing the full picture just decided to let the tracker be insurance in case they managed to get away, which they did.

It was better to let them escape at that point, because then it was clear kenobi was working with others and by letting him return to them, they could upend the entire smuggling operation instead of just capturing one jedi. Anyone could see thats a more fruitful endeavor.

As for the whether or not Kenobi knew he was Anakin, it makes no real difference to me, as minor continuity inconsistencies has been a thing since day one with star wars.

Remember when it turns out Vader and Luke can sense each other in ROTJ? then why couldn't Vader sense Luke in ANH? Because he wasn't his father when that one was written lol. If that ruins the whole show for you I don't really know what to tell ya

Last edited:
Uhhh no.

Reva was lying to Leia, she knew Obi Wan was not dead. So she knew that he'd come for her eventually, which is the whole reason she kidnapped Leia in the first place. She planted the tracker in the drone obviously before she was going to torture leia.

She did plan to torture Leia, but when she got interrupted she assumed correctly that Kenobi was making his move.

They sent forces to stop him but he gets past those, and Reva at that point know seeing the full picture just decided to let the tracker be insurance in case they managed to get away, which they did.

It was better to let them escape at that point, because then it was clear kenobi was working with others and by letting him return to them, they could upend the entire smuggling operation instead of just capturing one jedi. Anyone could see thats a more fruitful endeavor.

As for the whether or not Kenobi knew he was Anakin, it makes no real difference to me, as minor continuity inconsistencies has been a thing since day one with star wars.

Remember when it turns out Vader and Luke can sense each other in ROTJ? then why couldn't Vader sense Luke in ANH? Because he wasn't his father when that one was written lol. If that ruins the whole show for you I don't really know what to tell ya
I agree that Vader probably wasn't Luke's father in ANH. But he did sense Luke during the trench run.

Toons

I agree that Vader probably wasn't Luke's father in ANH. But he did sense Luke during the trench run.

Well even if you wanna forgive that, he mysticslly doesn't find out Leia is his kid til near the end of rotj either, same with luke... he was face to face with her 8n the beginning of anh... the whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense but it doesn't make the movies unwatchable or anything.

Theres always been a relative looseness with some of the continuity bits, its to be expected for a franchise that revisits eras and timeliness and events 20 to 30 years after the fact.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

syWTt0j.gif

Are you saying that a competent person without political agendas could have written a more coherent story just by watching the previous piecies of media that the company who employes you put out previously and is even on your own streaming service??

..What the fuck are you smoking? Thats some crazy bullshit talk!

I personally loved it when Spock spoke to the Ewoks on the bridge of the Galactica, I really hope we get to the the plight of the Crites.
Maybe when the writers and directors heard that Anakin has become consumed by Darth Vader they thought that he was literally eaten by Darth Vader. 😂

Anyways, I have to check comments here from 12:00 a.m. and on because ooh boy, this past episode 4 I just watched.... Wow.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Wow. I was expecting people to really shit on this episode but people here are liking it.

I thought episode 4 might be worse than episode 3 in some ways.

And I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to Star Wars.

Also what the hell happened to the special effects? What a serious nose dive that was. When the ships rescue them near the end, the special effects were absolutely horrendous and some of the worst I've ever seen in Star Wars.

Well, I guess people are going to disagree with me but this show is actually getting worse. I honestly expected people to hate this episode so that's kind of weird but personally I thought it was awful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom