• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

notworksafe

Jesus puts me over every year baybaaaaay

hqdefault.jpg

Sephzilla

Gotta have one of those early December birthdays, that way there's just enough space that both your birthday and Christmas get their own PPV specials
My birthday is December 19, which is the story of how I got both a PS3 and Xbox 360 within a week.
And then proceeded to not use the PS3 at all until MGS4 came out. I think I may have been a spoiled brat.

Sephzilla

My birthday is December 19, which is the story of how I got both a PS3 and Xbox 360 within a week.
And then proceeded to not use the PS3 at all until MGS4 came out. I think I may have been a spoiled brat.

That's how almost everyone used their PS3 at first.
By the end of that generation I used and enjoyed my PS3 a lot more than my 360 though.

Kaladin

Is it just me or was the re-start of that Triple Threat awkward?

At first, I wondered if AJ Styles was even in it being the one that lost initially.

Is it just me or was the re-start of that Triple Threat awkward?

At first, I wondered if AJ Styles was even in it being the one that lost initially.
Yeah I was like? Wtf? They just kept going without an authority figure coming out. Then, I thought itnwas going to be an elimination match. Really funky stuff last night. I even thought they were going to have dean win then aj request his rematch at the end of the show just to win the belt back.

Kaladin

Yeah I was like? Wtf? They just kept going without an authority figure coming out. Then, I thought itnwas going to be an elimination match. Really funky stuff last night. I even thought they were going to have dean win then aj request his rematch at the end of the show just to win the belt back.

That would have been smart booking to keep the crowd interested in watching it later in the evening.

Kaladin

I don't think the main event was worthy of being main event just for what happened. So they definitely could've went that route.

Yeah, the show definitely felt like they made the day of decision to put the main event on first, and changed nothing else. There was no hook to keep the audience late when there should be. When I saw the e-mail that the main event was going on first, I fully expected an angle to get a main event style match last. Even after that, I expected Miz vs Ziggler to go on last to put over Ziggler's career being in jeopardy.....but no, neither happened.

Yeah, the show definitely felt like they made the day of decision to put the main event on first, and changed nothing else. There was no hook to keep the audience late when there should be. When I saw the e-mail that the main event was going on first, I fully expected an angle to get a main event style match last. Even after that, I expected Miz vs Ziggler to go on last to put over Ziggler's career being in jeopardy.....but no, neither happened.
They dropped the ball on this, they could've played out so much more at this PPV but did it safe. I miss those swerves, turns, and twists. They need to take notes on how to be unpredictable. I kind of figured Doof would win since it wasn't the main event. If it wete the main event, you'd think he was definitely losing.

Barrage

It's pretty clear Paige only decided to stay with WWE so she can keep getting a paycheck while hurt.

WWE should just cut their losses now.

jmdajr

It's pretty clear Paige only decided to stay with WWE so she can keep getting a paycheck while hurt.

WWE should just cut their losses now.

Just to be clear, I assume you don't get paid while suspended?

Or is that just the NFL and other sports.

After 2 strikes WWE does seem to do a "we can have a amicable release now before a 3rd strike happens" talk with the talent.

I can see Paige taking that offer.

She has been with WWE since she was 18 for god sake. Thats kinda messed up. She probably needs to chill for a while. Did the mid 20's millennial "I need to find myself" thing.

imBask

Banned

it's a carny company, I doubt they have clear rule about that stuff

like if Orton gets popped i'm pretty sure he still gets paid, but if a little twerp like Paige gets popped she can foggetaboutit

it's a carny company, I doubt they have clear rule about that stuff

like if Orton gets popped i'm pretty sure he still gets paid, but if a little twerp like Paige gets popped she can foggetaboutit

Orton always gets paid because he's pop proof to begin with. Just like Cena and his all natural physique. It's just hard work at the gym, kids!

Jamie OD

WWE wrestlers get their minimum payment while suspended but miss out on show to show payouts and I think merch money too.

Edit: I might have confused the minimum pay thing with the 90 day no compete clause when someone gets fired.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess WWE wasn't interested
A promo segment is used to set-up DCC vs. Hardyz. James Storm, Bram & Eddie Kingston attack Jeff “Brother Nero” Hardy. The lights go out, and when they come up Matt Hardy makes the save and promises to DELETE the new stable.

Top Bottom