• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Sephzilla

I still don't understand why the got rid of Antonio or Adrian as first names, they both sound much worse as singular names.

I'm pretty sure Vince went through a phase where he thought short/single word names were the new big thing. Antonio Cesaro became Cesaro. Adrian Neville became Neville. Big E Langston became Big E. There was also that short push where they wanted to call Kofi Kingston "Wildcat".

Kurita

Is not being able to change the quality of the video on the fly when you use WWE Network or Netflix the future? Cause I don't want none.
Is there any logical explanation behind this?

imBask

Banned
I still don't understand why the got rid of Antonio or Adrian as first names, they both sound much worse as singular names.

because again, people in this thread get confused when AJ Styles has a shirt without his name in giant letters on it, so I doubt they would be able to remember a full name

Anth0ny

Meltzer seeing the light and giving Miz's match the grade it deserves.

untitled-22jabd3.gif

definitely deserved.

now keep ziggler's momentum and elevate the mid card on smackdown, while moving miz up to the main event. sd currently has 2 faces and 1 heel in the main event picture, miz is a perfect addition.

klonere

Banned
Neville's NXT title run was completely forgettable until Sami started chasing the belt, because the story became completely about Sami and not Neville. I mean, does anybody look back and go "Wow Neville's matches against Brodus Clay and Titus O'Neil were memorable"?

Wrong, whatever about Brodus Clay who is irredeemable, his rise to the number 1 contendership sowed the seeds for the Zayn feud in a nice way, Neville's win produced a very memorable moment and got a good match out of Bo fucking Dallas. He then played a very good straight babyface opposite Tyson Kidd who was figuring out his heel character that would get him more over than he ever was and produced a bunch of great matches including the 4 way that had everyone thinking that Tyler Breeze was an elite worker. And then yes, the Zayn feud happened with Neville transitioning from that straight babyface to the opportunist veteran champion.

He also had the best match that Finn has ever had in NXT and the best Seth Rollins match of 2015 and maybe 2016.

MG310

the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle the man that gravity forgot maggle

that has been the highlight of his career so far

Oh, you mean The New Sensation?

Still wish he won King of the Ring that year so they would have had to add that to his intro.

definitely deserved.

now keep ziggler's momentum and elevate the mid card on smackdown, while moving miz up to the main event. sd currently has 2 faces and 1 heel in the main event picture, miz is a perfect addition.
It seems like they're doing one more match for this feud to end it which would be a big mistake.

Nothing they ever do is topping that match, the way all of the hair spray and spirit squad fuckery escalated, but still ended up with a clean finish was the kind of match booking the attitude era excelled at.

Cena makes sense because once he has the WM slot he doesn't have to be there every show

I originally thought Finn would win if he's back in time but technically he's probably guaranteed a title shot anyways from never losing, so it's a matter of whether they decide to just shoot it right back to him at his first PPV

Sephzilla

Sephzilla's October Royal Rumble Predictions

Who I hope wins:
Sami Zayn
Who I think will win:
Seth Rollins
Who will probably win:
John Cena

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena's winning the Rumble so he can main event WM against AJ Styles to get his win back

Speaking of Neville, I'm still amazed Kalisto won a main roster title before he did.
I'm pretty sure they were trying to push Kalisto as the top Mexican babyface star, hence why he got the belt. And now? Well, Lucha Things plus he's injured and not with the division he could shine on.

Dave Meltz handing out 4.5+ starz like candy lately.

Meltz using the IGN scale.

* to ** Literally the Mass Transit Incident
*** Terrible match, only for hardcore fans.
***1/2 Decent, watch if you have the time.
**** Average.
****1/2 Above average, must watch
***** Rivals a Hollywood movie.

Anth0ny

Meltz using the IGN scale.

* to ** Literally the Mass Transit Incident
*** Terrible match, only for hardcore fans.
***1/2 Decent, watch if you have the time.
**** Average.
****1/2 Above average, must watch
***** Rivals a Hollywood movie.

***** = high art, simulated combat that we will tell our grandchildren about

anything lower than 4 stars is the shits

Top Bottom