• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Sephzilla

Wow, TNA sounds like it's fucked. If there's unpaid taxes and she failed to disclose vital information to Corgan, could Dixie potentially face jail time?

miserable

what a magnificent bastard

CujYR_5WAAAcueR.jpg:small

MG310

Matt and Jeff's promo this week wasn't a fun little nod at the Bucks and New Day. Matt was just hinting at his Wrestle Kingdom and Wrestlemania plans

klonere

Banned
Wow, TNA sounds like it's fucked. If there's unpaid taxes and she failed to disclose vital information to Corgan, could Dixie potentially face jail time?

There's a good reason they wanted those documents sealed.

I mean a lot of them are leaking now anyway but yeah, people said the only reason that would happen is if Dixie did something monumentally stupid and tax evasion is exactly that.

Menome

Looks like my TNA catch-up may have a definite end soon enough.

Then Aron Rex can come back to Smackdown and be given something to do that isn't just "I'm a guy".

Fox318

Get away with it

Like Trump, she never had consequences. People kept lending to her and signing with her and enabling her, and nothing went wrong in the decade that caused the cards to tumble down

Losing TV deals is nothing compared to being sued and having government come after you. There's no escape from that

If you didn't give a fuck wouldn't you at least get your content out to everyone?

If her motive isn't making money then what is it? Legacy?

Do TNA Mecca have a spin on these current events to enjoy?
Chris Regal and another mod don't

Around the AO1 lawsuit announcement they realized shit was hitting the fan. The Fight Network suit was shooting a corpse, this is pissing on the grave and then burning up the remains. Few are acknowledging it and those who do hope for the best because that's the best you can do

KENTA had his comeback ruined and will probably never be the same again because he worked with a green guy literally named Moss

Name other 35/36 year olds who had multiple major injuries sidelining them for months who wound up ever being the same and having a long career. Bryan definitely didn't, Wade was ruined and is part time at best on indies now. Who else?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KENTA had his comeback ruined and will probably never be the same again because he worked with a green guy literally named Moss

Name other 35/36 year olds who had multiple major injuries sidelining them for months who wound up ever being the same and having a long career. Bryan definitely didn't, Wade was ruined and is part time at best on indies now. Who else?

HIS NAME IS JAHN CENAR.

Also HBK. Triple Haitch.

Fox318

SHOOT: Bray Wyatt was the One Eyed man in a blind mans world. People thought he was special and only until after HHH's NXT and ROH packed roster started flooding the roster can you see how limited and bad Bray really is.

Kaladin

What was the worst run from a former WWE guy in TNA? Has to be one of the current stars that went over shortly after being fired, not one of the legends.

My pick is Christian Cage, he was the drizzling shits in TNA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What was the worst run from a former WWE guy in TNA? Has to be one of the current stars that went over shortly after being fired, not one of the legends.

My pick is Christian Cage, he was the drizzling shits in TNA.

Mr. Anderson.

AN DER SON.

Kaladin

A good review of every way TNA is fucked from the LAW:

**David Bixenspan and Kris Zellner did a lot of reporting on Thursday regarding the pair of lawsuits recently filed against TNA and were able to get the contents of the suit filed by Audience of One Productions (A01) a few weeks back for payment of past production work. Bixenspan was able to uncover that there are three debts under Impact Ventures with one being to Aroluxe Media from March 14th of this past year, another to Anthem Sports and Entertainment from August 22nd and another to MCC Acquisition Corp. from September 30th. The MCC Acquisition debt explains the financing for the recent television tapings and Bound for Glory pay-per-view. The latter two are connected by the same address, as an extension of Anthem Sports and Entertainment (which for full disclosure is the parent company of Fight Network, which owns Live Audio Wrestling).

The LAW requested comment from Fight Network on the report and were not able to receive one on the suit and the involvement. It had been previously noted that Fight Network does have a small ownership piece in TNA prior to all of this.

In the report, it also reveals a filing from this past Tuesday that lists Dixie Carter herself as a debtor to Billy Corgan. Corgan filed suit this past weekend against Impact Ventures and listed TNA Entertainment, Dixie Carter Salinas, Serg Salinas and company COO and CFO Dean Broadhead in the suit of which a hearing will take place next Thursday. The contents of Corgan’s suit are sealed at this time.

**David Bixenspan later reported yet another issue involving TNA with the State of Tennessee issuing a tax lien on TNA Entertainment LLC last month for unpaid taxes. Bixenspan explains that in Tennessee successor companies still have to cover outstanding taxes regardless of new companies being formed, such as the transition to Impact Ventures LLC. The tax lien gives the state the ability to seize assets.

**There was also an issue regarding certain music rights for Thursday night’s episode of Impact and led to the POP TV version editing out Mike Bennett and DJZ’s entrance music. It should be noted that on the Canadian version that aired on Fight Network, both entrances aired as usual with the regular songs.

**Jason Powell at ProWrestling.net received the following comments from Lissa Druss Christman, who is a spokesperson for Bill Corgan, regarding the suit filed this past week against Impact Ventures:

As president, Billy is looking out for the long-term interest of the company, its employees, its talent, as well as its stakeholders and contractors.

So let's break this down...

3 debts under the name Impact Ventures:

Aroluxe Media from March 14th of this past year
Anthem Sports and Entertainment from August 22nd
MCC Acquisition Corp. from September 30th to cover Bound For Glory and the recent tapings

Dixie Carter lists herself (not the company) as a debtor to Billy Corgan
Corgan has a lawsuit against Impact Ventures and listed TNA Entertainment, Dixie Carter Salinas, Serg Salinas and company COO and CFO Dean Broadhead in the suit of which a hearing will take place next Thursday

State of Tennessee issuing a tax lien on TNA Entertainment LLC last month for unpaid taxes. This means the tax evasion goes back to beyond 2015 which is when TNA became Impact Ventures. Impact Ventures is still responsible for TNA's tax evasion.

Random issue with music licensing

also:

**Jason Powell at ProWrestling.net received the following comments from Lissa Druss Christman, who is a spokesperson for Bill Corgan, regarding the suit filed this past week against Impact Ventures:

As president, Billy is looking out for the long-term interest of the company, its employees, its talent, as well as its stakeholders and contractors.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/oct-14-news-update-report-out-on-lawsuits-against-tna/

TNA is fucked from all ends.

DJKhaled

Everyone had Ziggler down as terrible until two months ago. Smackdown gave him two well-built feuds and a 4.5-star match.

lol that's such bullshit, everyone that had watched for more than 6 months knew Ziggler wasn't terrible. Sandows/Aron Rex have never done anything worthwhile, he has never put on a good match and was only good when he was a bodydouble for The Miz and was decent on the mic in WWE but sucks in TNA. The guy is terrible and no one with a brain ever thought Ziggler was.

Everyone had Ziggler down as terrible until two months ago. Smackdown gave him two well-built feuds and a 4.5-star match.

I still have Ziggler down as terrible. His booking lately has made him look like a chump, and he hasn't done much in years to alter his in-ring style. He's still solid, but he's boring. I say this with the utmost sincerity, that Cena has been a better character and has put on more 4*+ matches than Ziggler has in the past two years.

The Ziggler hype train has come and gone, just like Ryder and many others before them. WWE took too long to capitalize on their popularity, they themselves lost motivation to get better or do better because they weren't rewarded for their efforts and then we the fans stop caring. A current example of the next person this is going to happen to is Zayn. I love Sami, but I can see them taking too long to jump on him, especially with his current booking style.

Same can't be said for Sandow. There's the Ziggler and Zayn camp where they can be all round amazing talents. On the mic, in the ring etc; But there are people who's character we enjoyed in spite of their lack of talents, like Ryder and Sandow.

Sandow was nothing special and will never amount to anything. The highlight of his career is pretending to be people better than him.

Sandow has gotten him over with gimmicks worse then The Ascension. He clearly has talent.

Just no wrestling talent. Don't get me wrong, I usually put promos and talking high up on my personal list, but...you gotta have SOME knowledge of how to put on a match. I can remember Ryback matches, Roman matches, Triple H matches. I can't remember a single Sandow match.

Top Bottom