• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Upcoming games? with all the delays across retail and download titles I'm beginning to forget what's next on my list.
Well Pokemon is a given, I'll probably get Dragon Quest Builders on a price drop.

I'm buying Tales of Graces F when I get home from work. The story is apparently godawful, but the gameplay is fun. And bad game stories haven't stopped me from enjoying otherwise good gameplay in the past.

Aside from that, I don't plan on buying anything else because I either can't run it on PC or don't own a PS4.
Oho, godawful is right, at least it can hit the point of being stupid enough to become oddly entertaining.
Battle system is one of the best in the series that I've played but that alone can't sustain it.

Oho, godawful is right, at least it can hit the point of being stupid enough to become oddly entertaining.
Battle system is one of the best in the series that I've played but that alone can't sustain it.

Schala said the story was cute, which was already a red flag, lol. The game also costs less than what I pay for food at work, so that's a plus. The pain of the story won't hurt as much.

Ultratech

I'm buying Tales of Graces F when I get home from work. The story is apparently godawful, but the gameplay is fun. And bad game stories haven't stopped me from enjoying otherwise good gameplay in the past.

Aside from that, I don't plan on buying anything else because I either can't run it on PC or don't own a PS4.

That's...pretty accurate.

I played through it last year.

The story is really pretty awful, but the battle system is goddamn amazing.

You'll prolly enjoy it I think.

What games is Wrasslegaf getting for the rest of the year? I'm definitely getting BF1 after playing the beta and TLG, but only if it reviews well.

Pokemon Sun/Moon for sure.

And DQ VII at some point as well.

Beyond those...I have no idea.

Zach

Earthbound was quirky and fun. Not as good as Chrono Trigger, though, which we (son and I) agree is the best RPG. Hopefully Cross is in its league. We've enjoyed the first hour-plus.

Coming to think of it Earthbound is like the opposite of Tales of Graces F, it's battle system suuuuccks but everything else is pretty grand.

I'd leave the room whenever my uncle put on Chrono Trigger. Fuck that noise. I just wanted to play some Donkey Kong Country, not be bored to tears.

I'd leave the room whenever my uncle put on Chrono Trigger. Fuck that noise. I just wanted to play some Donkey Kong Country, not be bored to tears.

tumblr_inline_ngi2b47ykV1s9yc5d.gif

Zach

ECW keeps the C- streak alive on its way out the door.

gIrf04A.png

Bye, ECW. You were generally scummy and a waste of my time. I hate you.

But Donkey country is boring

The fuck you talking about friend, earthbound is the greatest RPG of all time.

It's a shallow RPG that is cute and has adorable dialogue. Greatest RPG of all time? Not even the greatest on it's console (FF3) and not even the best during the year of it's release (Trigger).

It's a good game, but let's not get carried away here. Calling DKC boring and Earthbound the greatest RPG of all time are two opinions worthy of "The fuck you talking about". Not mine, friend!

Morrowind's the greatest RPG of all time, as far as I'm concerned. And Bethesda ain't ever topping that shit, judging by every game they've released since.

I'm also keen on Skies of Arcadia. Chrono Trigger's alright.

What's the best HIAC match? I was scarred for life by the Mankind one when it first aired, but I don't really remember too many others.

Watching Shawn Michaels/Undertaker right now.

Lothar

Banned
It's a shallow RPG that is cute and has adorable dialogue. Greatest RPG of all time? Not even the greatest on it's console (FF3) and not even the best during the year of it's release (Trigger).

It's a good game, but let's not get carried away here. Calling DKC boring and Earthbound the greatest RPG of all time are two opinions worthy of "The fuck you talking about". Not mine, friend!

FF3 wasn't even the best FF on the console. Maybe 3rd best.

Zach

Mankind vs. The Undertaker is definitely my favorite Hell in a Cell. It's just crazy. The disturbingly touching drive of Mick Foley. Man. Very little has given me chills like the moment he breaks away from medical assistance to struggle back up the cell.

ReiGun

I feel like The Last Guardian is going to break a lot of hearts when it finally releases.

Shoot: Persona 5 will be better than FF15 by a mile.

HBK/Taker in HIAC is just such a great story, from Summerslam to Ground Zero, shawn running, the chair, everything builds and makes sense.

Then they go out there and instinctively have an incredible match in a new environment. Then there's the surprise at the end, and shawn gigs himself accidental so deep, we have that marvellous King call "crawling out of a pool of his own blood".

I think it's very possibly the best match wwf have ever put on.

We have one man to thank for the match being so good.
/s

lmBMu1.gif

You /S, but Kane does help make that match.

Without him, you don't have the same ending and you'd either need a dx run-in, which would have sucked, or taker winning, which wouldn't have worked for survivor series (would have made things a lot easier in retrospect though!). Kane worked because of the incredible visual of him ripping that door off, the pyro, taker dazed as he stares up at him, and the Bearer build up (KANE IS ALIVE) - and of course fans at home got THATS GOTTA BE KANE and LOOKING INTO THE EYES OF THAT GIANT WHO STANDS IN FRONT OF HIM (Mcmahon could be damn good when he wanted to be). Dude also nailed all the mannerisms on day one. Fans didn't feel cheated, just shocked.

Without kane it's still a 5 star match, but probably not the best wwf match ever. It's rare that run-in interference enhances a match, but it happened here.

Top Bottom