• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

image4xqswv.jpg

i'll do you all a solid and link the followup spot
elnt2uJ.gif

Anything involving something being stuck in a persons body makes me just feel weak. I can take the dozen foot drops, the chair shots to the head, all the light-tube drops in the world, but a skewer or anything remotely sharp being jammed somewhere, especially in the head region just makes my stomach drop.

agreed. also an excuse to repost my ultraviolence month 2015 CZW review, where a needle spot caused me to breakdown:

Sneaking in before June officially ends, here's my TOD review. Warning, it is very image/gif heavy. It's all WebM, so hopefully I shouldn't destroy your bandwidth too much.

If you just want to see my freakout about my needle phobia being tested, skip to the DJ Hyde vs Thumbtack Jack match.

https://medium.com/@gordonjb/tourna...or-how-i-became-mentally-scarred-458e52da052d

Sephzilla

The chair shot to Shawn Michaels' already excessively bleeding head at the first HIAC was not pleasant. The camera zoom to show the blood just seeping out was nasty.

Chair shots are probably the worst, now that we know what we know.

Those excessive chair shots Rock did back in the day are really unsettling now.

Kaladin

The chair shot to Shawn Michaels' already excessively bleeding head at the first HIAC was not pleasant. The camera zoom to show the blood just seeping out was nasty.

Chair shots are probably the worst, now that we know what we know.

Say what you will about the Attitude Era, but when they did blood like that, or with Mick or anyone for a major thing, they made it look brutal. They did a good job with that.

ReiGun

Joe as Shane's "guy" vs Lesnar would be a million times better then shane-o vs lesnar, which is what vince seems to want.
I don't know what's crazier: Vince's eagerness to have his son get beat the fuck up or that Shane keeps agreeing to do it. The McMahons are an interesting bunch.

If Dato and I are the makeshift team of Stone Cold and Dude Love (many people are saying this), SomewhatGravy, imbask, and OwensIsNow are the makeshift team of Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Boys -- their attention-craving posts the equivalent of a deluge of chair shots and H-Bombs no one has ever cared about.
Zach's music is bad, and he is also a mark.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know what's crazier: Vince's eagerness to have his son get beat the fuck up or that Shane keeps agreeing to do it. The McMahons are an interesting bunch.
Shane is constantly willing to sacrifice his body in hopes that Vince will one day accept him as his 2nd son.

Looking forward to Goldberg on Raw tonight , Hope he sticks around for a few matches after the brock feud. Can see him and Owens putting on a good programme.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hmph, said the guy who spends more time here posting than either three of the guys he is criticizing

i know when i am right. you're welcome to engage me on how i am wrong which you rarely do these days

sting and goldberg were the only things worth a damn to come out of wcw. everyone else was lured in with big checks only to hinder their work rate while inflating their fucking ego. many of them are dead, washed out racists, or dealing with rehab. who has come out of wcw that is still driving this industry forward? to answer kaladins question earlier, you know why tna made better? they didnt invest in the old, per se. they invested in the new as well.

again, you are welcome to engage and discuss

You do realize that most of the trainers and agents in WWE right now are WCW guys, right? Norman Smiley, Dean Malenko, William Regal, Finlay, Jamie Noble, Johnny Ace, Billy Kidman, formerly Bill DeMott
You do realize that cruiser weights exposure of lucha libre and japanese wrestling are what influenced modern indie wrestling to such a degree that the WWE is trying to copy it?
You do realize that the most popular stable in the states is a blatant ripoff of the NWO that WWE is trying to just now cash in on?
You do realize that Rey Mysterio, one of the most popular wrestlers of the modern era, became popular because of WCW, right?
Right?

Like what are you talking about.

Zach

hmph, said the guy who spends more time here posting than either three of the guys he is criticizing

i know when i am right. you're welcome to engage me on how i am wrong which you rarely do these days

sting and goldberg were the only things worth a damn to come out of wcw. everyone else was lured in with big checks only to hinder their work rate while inflating their fucking ego. many of them are dead, washed out racists, or dealing with rehab. who has come out of wcw that is still driving this industry forward? to answer kaladins question earlier, you know why tna made better? they didnt invest in the old, per se. they invested in the new as well.

I knew I should've put a : ) at the end of my post. I have failed this once-great community.

Kaladin

I don't think we'll get much out of Goldberg. He's hasn't done much in a ring since 2004 and even then it was his finishers at a Legends Of Wrestling show.

Shane's pretty fearless - during his match with Angle some years back, there was a spot where angle was supposed to suplex shane through sugar glass. Except someone had screwed up and it was plexiglass. Angle wanted to move to a different spot when the glass didn't break the first time and they'd realised what had happened, but shane forced him to keep throwing him through the plexiglass until it broke.

And Shane is the nicest, most rational of the bunch lol

jmdajr

Those excessive chair shots Rock did back in the day are really unsettling now.

If Mick Foley starts losing it, which he probably already has, Rock should at least pitch in on those bills.

From my memory Rock hit him way more times than they agreed upon.

Mick of course did plenty of stupid things on his own his whole career.

If Mick Foley starts losing it, which he probably already has, Rock should at least pitch in on those bills.

From my memory, Rock hit him way more times than they agreed upon.

Mick of course did plenty of stupid things on his own his whole career.

Those frigging Nestea Plunges. Jesus

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think we'll get much out of Goldberg. He's hasn't done much in a ring since 2004 and even then it was his finishers at a Legends Of Wrestling show.

I don't think he was ever good in the ring to begin with so its going to be ridiculous regardless of how it turns out.

What is the criteria to this? Is it in 'guys who were in WCW that later went to WWE" or during the Monday night wars?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My reservation when watching death matches isn't even the blood or injuries or trauma.

Every single wrestler that regularly or semi-regularly does death matches has to have hep at this point, right?

Recall

I watched CZW from 99 until 2005. Ric Blade breaking his legs due to jumping off part of their original venue was the most fucked up thing I saw. The death match shit had no impact as it was done so much.

Then Sexxy Eddy lacerated his bicep (or was it lower in his forearm?) and willingly pumped blood out like a faucet. It was horrific.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A good chunk of the talent were people well known prior to landing there. WCW would not have been what it was without the drawing power of those big names save for a few exceptions, notably Sting and Goldberg, who only rose to stardom as a direct result of their affiliation with the WCW promotion.

I mean, you could say the exact same thing about Hulk Hogan.

Recall

I associate Kevin Nash more with WCW than WWE even though Diesel is what made him a recognisable person.

Scott Hall is Razor Ramon, everything after was just a fever dream.

Top Bottom