• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Yup this time it wasn't about the money, the contract, etc.. It was because of his Kid, and the crowd.. Very fucking touching.

The guy is a really cool person, might not be the best in ring worker but he got better and acceptable. With the right opponent he really shined like with his match with DDP and some of his matches with Sting.
I wonder if he hugged Jericho and admitted he was wrong ? That whole be the ultimate!

Exodust

Banned
A lot of the reason people shit on the last match doesn't exist anymore, so I won't be surprised if the crowd is lit for it regardless of how much shenanigans go down.

I know. Wanting an Austin Vs. Goldberg dream match instead, both Brock and Goldberg leaving right after, etc. but I was more talking about the match quality itself.

They can put on a good match I think, and the crowd will help. Just keeping my expectations in check. Then again, I'm one of the few who loved the HHH/Sting match(Sting should have went over, though).

download+(17).gif

Man, they got Goldberg out here throwing around kids and rubbing bald heads. Great segment...not looking forward to that match though. Glad they didn't fuck up the music like they did with Sting.

I had no clue Affliction was still around.

UberTag

After that, I don't want the crowd at Survivor Series to shit on the match. But the match is probably gonna be all shades of bad with a hot crowd so there's a recipe for trouble.
If they really wanted to win over the Toronto crowd, they'd have booked underdog Sami Zayn vs. Brock Lesnar. They would have been apoplectic.

BFIB

Hearing Goldberg on the podcast talk about how much he hated being a heel because he wanted to be the hero, this promo was great.

Lots of guys that could have a lit match with Goldberg, but we get Brock instead. AJ, Harper, or Sami vs Goldberg would be get GAF's 'Lit of the Year' award if done right.

was just joking haha, but i really do think he's second after the god goldberg. That dude's spear always looked ferocious, like he was ready to maul the opponent.

great promo agree with goldberg with guys today, you got guys like sami zayn, tj perkins etc who like bunch of jaboronis unless your a hardcore wrestling fan who watches indy stuff could careless for most of the roster today.

KingBroly

Banned
Roman Reigns is still one of the best things going today... but let's not talk crazy now.

Nothing wrong with being in second place behind the god.

Goldberg's spear looked legitimate. Especially against cruiserweights.

Goldberg's first match against Hugh Morris is also a very interesting one.
- Jobber Entrance
- Tenay has no info on him
- Kicks out of Morris' finisher
- Does a backflip
- Gets a clean win
- Says 'That's 1' after winning
- Tells Mean Gene to piss off

UberTag

Lots of guys that could have a lit match with Goldberg, but we get Brock instead. AJ, Harper, or Sami vs Goldberg would be get GAF's 'Lit of the Year' award if done right.
Hell, a passing of the Spear torch match between Goldberg and Reigns would have my attention more than this will.

Just sayin' don't underestimate NXT Takeover crowds. A suplex city fest probably won't go over too well, it's getting stale at this point.

Expect it to be a suplex city match. It'll be easier to protect Goldberg that way too. It's going to be a slow match with both taking turns getting in signature moves and rests in between. And that's understandable for Goldberg anyways. At his age and his limited ability in the first place, it'll be a fine. I just hate the suplex city shit on guys like Rollins and Cena who are more than capable on putting on a great match with Brock.

Cagey

Banned
Goldberg's spear looked legitimate. Especially against cruiserweights.

He also was allowed to deliver the spear in a legitimate looking manner whereas WWE with Edge bastardized the move to make it look impactful because Edge was a skinny fuck.

I hate how opponents today jump in the air while spear-delivering dude just dives at them.

18298%20-%20gif%20goldberg%20monday_nitro%20raven%20referee%20spear%20wcw.gif

The damn impact should knock the opponent off their feet!

great promo agree with goldberg with guys today, you got guys like sami zayn, tj perkins etc who like bunch of jaboronis unless your a hardcore wrestling fan who watches indy stuff could careless for most of the roster today.

oneofthose
(Today, 11:28 PM)

Also, with your use of YOUR, I'm gonna assume you were the guy holding up the YOUR NEXT sign tonight?

You don't even know who Goldberg is and why would he fight those nobodies? This is why you're not a booker.

Top Bottom