• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Will be interesting to see how goldberg gets received.

On the one hand, that was a really good promo he cut last night and he's a big guy coming back. On the other hand, Brock lives in Canada and Golberg used to feud with Bret.

Meltz mentioned Bill's wife is canadian, They should probably sell the fact in a promo, that may help.

Also I never did do my all time fave five:

1) Rude
2) HBK
3) Austin
4) Mach
5) Poppa

In that case let's just be thankful it's not going to be in New York. Those fans would brutalise that match.

Toronto crowds... well Canadian crowds in general but Toronto is a special brand of crazy, hate Goldberg for ending Bret Hart's career... the reaction to him at Survivor Series is going to be fascinating....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDOJdsABsVI

Not even peak WCW piped in crowds could hide the boos when Goldberg spears Bret here and that was before he ended Hart's career.

BTW since I noticed a TNA vs WCW fight earlier.... nothing TNA has ever done was as good as this promo spot...

Does it count if you've had multiple retirements?

Terry Funk for example

He should have taken the money smh...

"wXw terminates agreement with Shane Strickland -
wXw World Tag Team Championship vacated

Essen, October 18, 2016

With great regret we have to inform our fans that the Championship Board of Directors has decided to strip the wXw World Tag Team Championship from Team JML (Shane Strickland & David Starr) effective immediately. There will be no future appearances by Mr Strickland in wXw. The relationship with David Starr is not affected by this.

The main event for wXw Broken Rules this Saturday in Batschkapp Frankfurt will still be a TLC match which will be contested for the now vacant wXw World Tag Team Championship."

wat

Alucard

Banned
Goldberg and Brock will be like Rock and Hogan, friends. Crowd should be hot for both. I hope they cheer both guys to be honest.

Essen, October 18, 2016

With great regret we have to inform our fans that the Championship Board of Directors has decided to strip the wXw World Tag Team Championship from Team JML (Shane Strickland & David Starr) effective immediately. There will be no future appearances by Mr Strickland in wXw. The relationship with David Starr is not affected by this.

The main event for wXw Broken Rules this Saturday in Batschkapp Frankfurt will still be a TLC match which will be contested for the now vacant wXw World Tag Team Championship."

wat

They only won it a couple weeks ago? Seems strange.
Maybe he's signed for NXT or some other company that makes German commitments impossible?

He's still young right?

Jamie OD

Essen, October 18, 2016

wat

Travel problems made him miss Sunday's Progress show in England but something as simple as a delayed flight out of Germany wouldn't get him fired. Something really bad must have happened with him and wXw.

orioto

Good Art™
orioto did you ever do your all time & current fave five?

it's difficult to do honestly.. Wrestling changed so much.. My history with wrestling is basically "91-92" then nothing until "2005-now" lol..

Let's say all time (or rather old times)
_Bret Hart
_Shawn Michaels
_Taker (For when i was a kid, and for when i saw him being awesome in ring, mid 2000)
_Kurt Angle
_Kennedy (i know it seems weird but he's almost retired and there was something really special with what that guy was bringing in the ring, that relates to my appreciation of wrestling i guess, storytelling etc.. And that first Smasckdown run is probably the best i've seen WWE booking a heel ever, honestly.. that momentum..)

Current:
_KO
_AJ Styles
_Lesnar
_Zayn
_Lashley

Goldberg and Brock will be like Rock and Hogan, friends. Crowd should be hot for both. I hope they cheer both guys to be honest.

Again it is Toronto

X-8 wasn't a pop for both it was a flip the script reaction. Rock was treated like the heel by the crowd and Hogan the face.

With the Bret Hat history I am expecting something similar to that....

Striker

That was literally my least favorite Mania match of all time because of how garbage that booking was, stupid run ins galore, the nWo helping Sting? HHH winning because get fucked WCW apparently? Garbage. Hated it hated it hated it.
Breh

hz3rCMN.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when is the next nxt special anyway? I need my nakamura v joe 2

orioto

Good Art™
Goldberg injuring himself by trying to lift his own fat teen would have probably been the funniest thing ever in wrestling history.

it's difficult to do honestly.. Wrestling changed so much.. My history with wrestling is basically "91-92" then nothing until "2005-now" lol..

Let's say all time (or rather old times)
_Bret Hart
_Shawn Michaels
_Taker (For when i was a kid, and for when i saw him being awesome in ring, mid 2000)
_Kurt Angle
_Kennedy (i know it seems weird but he's almost retired and there was something really special with what that guy was bringing in the ring, that relates to my appreciation of wrestling i guess, storytelling etc.. And that first Smasckdown run is probably the best i've seen WWE booking a heel ever, honestly.. that momentum..)

Current:
_KO
_AJ Styles
_Lesnar
_Zayn
_Lashley

Good lists, though I admit all I think about when I think of Kennedy these days are the botches and the douchness (the latter would have been more bearable without the former).

Lashley's been great recently.

Vince double quad tear currently holds that crown

-tears quad
-tears other quad trying to no sell torn quad

only vince lol

I'd love back and forth, but the dude put a canadian sports hero on ice and he's going to be wrestling a guy who now lives in canada.

could be rough

I'd love if they did an angle where Lesnar insists he get billed as now residing in Saskatchewan just so that he comes out at Survivor Series literally representing Canada.

Toronto crowd would eat that shit up...

Fuck I wish I was going.

I'd love if they did an angle where Lesnar insists he get billed as now residing in Saskatchewan just so that he comes out at Survivor Series literally representing Canada.

Toronto crowd would eat that shit for dinner.

Mick Foley levels of cheap pops.

Do you want him to pull a sock out of his trunks too? haha

Toronto crowd would eat that shit up...

Fuck I wish I was going.

He could come out with the flag like the Hart Foundation used to lol

Mick Foley levels of cheap pops.

Do you want him to pull a sock out of his trunks too? haha

He does actually reside here now though, and he repped Canada at UFC 200...

The WWE won't do it because they don't want Goldberg getting booed out of the building more than he already might (and he might not it really depends on if the crowd remembers the Bret Hart stuff) but I do because I'm a troll for this kind of thing... lol.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk...-heel-for-potential-dream-match/#5867b6b76427

Ha ha Forbes wrote a piece on the whole Lesnar living in Canada and Goldberg's history of being booed in Canada thing...

Goldie even got booed in Vancouver against Evolution lol....

I can't wait to see the crowd reaction when he comes out, it's gonna be hot either way, either a huge nostalgia pop or they'll go full bizarro land again....

Not disagreeing with you. Just a certain someone has a gigantic ego and wasn't letting it go.

Ahh yes... as always wrestling is carny as fuck.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk...-heel-for-potential-dream-match/#5867b6b76427

Ha ha Forbes wrote a piece on the whole Lesnar living in Canada and Goldberg's history of being booed in Canada thing...

Goldie even got booed in Vancouver against Evolution lol....

I can't wait to see the crowd reaction when he comes out, it's gonna be hot either way, either a huge nostalgia pop or they''ll go full bizarro world again....

I really hope they don't boo the hell out of it. That was horrible at WM20....
It wasn't technically that bad of a match, average but not bad. The crowd reaction made it horrible.

They won't boo the match, unless it goes way too long (goldberg is limited in what he can do so anything over 15 minutes would be problematic), but there's a great chance they'll boo goldberg.

It won't be like 20 though, as Lesnar at least will be cheered unless the match becomes boring.

I really hope they don't boo the hell out of it. That was horrible at WM20....
It wasn't technically that bad of a match, average but not bad. The crowd reaction made it horrible.

See I disagree the match was borderline wrestlecrap, I mean shit there was like a 7 minute long stare down/tie up spot to open the match... 7 minutes of a 15 minute match was spent doing literally nothingm neither guy gave a fuck, the crowd for that match made it fun for me.

Fuck Canada and Fuck Bret.

Edg(e)y...

They won't boo the match, unless it goes way too long (goldberg is limited in what he can do so anything over 15 minutes would be problematic), but there's a great chance they'll boo goldberg.

It won't be like 20 though, as Lesnar at least will be cheered unless the match becomes boring.

Lesnar will be over as fuck, that's almost a guarantee... Though you're right they might turn on it if it drags...

Crowd will be hot for the match at the start they just might treat Goldberg as the big heel.

They should have Goldberg kayfabe kill Reigns. Guaranteed to be over. Two birds, one stone.

God, he should spear him THAT NIGHT, then they stretcher off reigns

Have reigns cut a promo and goldberg just comes out and spears him. They'd never do it as the one-off guy beating the golden boy makes no sense, but the pop would be immense

Top Bottom