• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Zach

I've embarked on a long slog.

To watch every PPV on the WWE network.....

A. You need to see Zach, and his ratings

kqiJDdg.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Man, the trio of Perkins, Swann and Alexander can be such a good force of faces for the WWE but they're going to just get lost if they keep being put in the 3rd hour. They should open a show once and let it really ride.

I mean nostalgia potentially had a part to play in my enjoyment but it just seemed more exciting and more vibrant and more intense.

I'm finding myself getting really bored of quite alot of the roster from nowadays. They seem to be missing some element of magic or something. That spark ya know?

For me what doesn't sell me too hard with modern WWE is the paint by number feel the matches can take. A lot of matches have the same routines and move sets over and over; as well as the same catch phrases being yelled a long with them. Also with so many wrestlers being way more athletic you're seeing less variance between the matches and very similar move sets. That and the whole production angle stuff.

Kaladin

20 years from now, when he debuts on Impact Wrestling, James Ellsworth will be referred to as the greatest WWE Champion of all time.

Anth0ny

'I bet the gaf thread is all about why most the main characters are men in a wild west game and crying about no pc port'

I was right.

i can't wait for a female and black playable character to be confirmed this week only for gaf to bitch about "forced diversity"

everything is always a lose/lose with some people

Lupercal

Banned
Two things wrong with that.

A) Vince would never let one of his guys be trained by an outside group, that would open up a world of issues including law suits if anything were to go wrong.

B) Vince never liked Ryback that much.

C) Ryback isn't that big a draw.
D) What kind of a build is that anyway?

I started watching again right around the time of Ryback's ambulance match with Cena at Payback 2013. To someone coming in just then, Ryback seemed real terrible.

See he actually got over as a face and was getting genuine cheers over the other WWE superfaces of the period (Cena and lolSheamus) but since they were too afraid to pull the trigger on him he went from winning streak to...
- Screwy losses against champ CM Punk in late 2012
- Shield fodder
- Cena wins lol at the Rumble in 2012 when they were the final two
- Throwaway match with Mark Henry at WM which he lost if I recall.

They basically damaged him beyond belief in a few months and hastily repackaged him as a heel for the Cena feud you came in on, by then he was pretty much done.
He at least had a good motivation for being a heel (yeah Cena, why did you just let the shield keep mugging him off huh?)

Sasha is going to kill herself suicide diving off the roof of the cage isnt she?
She wishes. Hell there's a rumor going around that Vince shot down a request from Charlotte with her wanting to do a moonsault off the cage.

I hate how this whole thing isn't because it's a natural progression of the story. WWE are flat-out having Foley or Sasha go 'yep, we're doing this 'cause Women's Revolution brahs'.

I mean, for fucks sake, Sasha sounds like the idea of going into this HIAC they keep trying to build as being career-threatening is like she's taking a trip to Disneyland because 'OMG, we're not Divas, this has been my dream since I was a little girl'.

Sephzilla

Yeah, there's no organic build up to the Sasha/Charlotte HIAC match. Charlotte isn't dodging Sasha or escaping through the crowd. Dana hasn't been running in to save Charlotte. There doesn't seem to be any intense hate between the two.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, there's no organic build up to the Sasha/Charlotte HIAC match. Charlotte isn't dodging Sasha or escaping through the crowd. Dana hasn't been running in to save Charlotte. There doesn't seem to be any intense hate between the two.
WWE managed to make me not care about Sasha Banks who was my favorite wrestler in NXT. But I guess that's just how it usually goes.

To be fair a lot of the HIAC matches at HIAC branded events are just because of the show being branded as such.

It's like both women have been giving different ideas of the feud by creative. Charlotte's basically being an actual ruthless heel and going fuck Sasha and owning the fact that she injured her at Summerslam but then Sasha's going on about how she and Charlotte have so much respect for one another.

Cagey

Banned
So, the cruiserweights have been a bust so far, huh?
They're better as a side attraction kept far away from bigger, stronger, just as athletic competitors performing the same moves and thus making what they do seem like Wrestling for Small People.

Mahonay

Banned
They're better as a side attraction kept far away from bigger, stronger, just as athletic competitors performing the same moves and thus making what they do seem like Wrestling for Small People.
No need to act like it's some completely impossible task to make it work. Those Nitro cruiserweight segments were hot fire.

It's just WWE and RAW booking. They almost always opt for the lamest approach to pretty much everything.

Sephzilla

I thought the Cruiserweights would help fix Raw's issue with pacing and padding, but it hasn't at all. They just have no clue how to properly fill 3 hours of Raw or how to pace the show correctly.

Case in point - A three hour show, and Goldberg still doesn't appear until 11pm eastern

Top Bottom