• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Mahonay

Banned
Between the new talent initiatives flopping and so many established guys falling out with the company, the period between 2004-2011 is a lost generation for WWE.
I've seen very little from this era outside of the bigger PPVs. 2007 to 2011 especially is just a big dark void for me that I've made no effort to figure out.

tm24

So Lucha Elite now has a very limited roster but imo they've managed to maintain the great quality of their weekly shows so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Great quality on their weekly shows? Are we watching the same show? Their weekly pattern is shit single matches with awful finishes and mediocre trios matches

ReiGun

I've seen very little from this era outside of the bigger PPVs. 2007 to 2011 especially is just a big dark void for me that I've made no effort to figure out.
I watched quite a bit during that time and remember almost nothing about it. People mention things that happen in like 08 and I cannot recall it at all. Just a period a totally forgettable television.

Imagine if Angle did become an ECW star. I wonder if he would've caught on as well without the training of Dory and being helped by top wwf guys.

Lothar

Banned
I watched quite a bit during that time and remember almost nothing about it. People mention things that happen in like 08 and I cannot recall it at all. Just a period a totally forgettable television.

That's odd because I would say 2008 was easily the best year since 2000, the only truly great year since 2000. You had two year long excellent feuds with Shawn Michaels and Jericho, and Edge vs Undertaker, the combination of Beth Phoenix and Santino doing great things every week, the rise of CM Punk and Jeff Hardy to the main event both winning world titles that year. Unlike today, you felt like you had to watch every week.

Jericho was so out of this world incredible as a heel that he was getting attacked outside the arenas. That was such a good time.

Yeah edge/taker was great, they had an incredible HIAC match where Edge went crazy in a joker take-off and had zero fear of taker. They tore the house down.

Hbk is my boy but the feud of 94 belongs to tatanka and Luger. Tatanka carried that feud so well .

"you sold out, you sold out, you sold out. "

Then everyone is swerved.

Jamie OD

Word coming out from tonight's ICW show is WWE pulled Mick Foley from their biggest event of the year next month because Foley is needed for Survivor Series. However WWE is sending Balor over in Foley's place to make up for it. Balor has a good if brief history with ICW so it's win-win for me going over to see it.

Word coming out from tonight's ICW show is WWE pulled Mick Foley from their biggest event of the year next month because Foley is needed for Survivor Series. However WWE is sending Balor over in Foley's place to make up for it. Balor has a good if brief history with ICW so it's win-win for me going over to see it.

Sounds like an upgrade to me after Foley has been consistently devalued over the last few months being made to look like an idiot and take verbal tirades with no comeback from steph.

CveTLLvXgAAKMNv.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah giving them Balor instead is a pretty good exchange.

ReiGun

That's odd because I would say 2008 was easily the best year since 2000, the only truly great year since 2000. You had two year long excellent feuds with Shawn Michaels and Jericho, and Edge vs Undertaker, the combination of Beth Phoenix and Santino doing great things every week, the rise of CM Punk and Jeff Hardy to the main event both winning world titles that year. Unlike today, you felt like you had to watch every week.

Jericho was so out of this world incredible as a heel that he was getting attacked outside the arenas. That was such a good time.
See I remember those things, but not when they happened. Or at least, I remember Hardy and Punk and the Michaels/Jericho feud. I don't remember anything about Edge feuding with Undertaker.

I remember Smackdown being really good for a while then...Yeah that period is kind of a blur for me. I just remember that being the time I started to really fall out of WWE.

See I remember those things, but not when they happened. Or at least, I remember Hardy and Punk and the Michaels/Jericho feud. I don't remember anything about Edge feuding with Undertaker.

I remember Smackdown being really good for a while then...Yeah that period is kind of a blur for me. I just remember that being the time I started to really fall out of WWE.

The La Familia angles ends with Edge & Vickie turning on each other and Vickie booking Edge in a HIAC match with taker, who Edge has screwed out of the belt numerous times and forced to leave the company.

That Edge/Undertaker HIAC match is easily one of the best of its kind. Loooove the psychology of Edge basically turning it into a TLC match so he is in his element.
Pity about that post match stupidity though.

Striker

I mean, in five or six years (probably less), you'll be forgetting about what's happening now. It's a dire state.

I found the Edge feud to be the most interesting feud for 'Taker since his Lesnar feud.

Top Bottom