• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

WWE doesn't really shy away from people knowing each other. AJ and the Club were immediately pinned together and Summerslam tossed a small little reference to them knowing Finn. Sami and Owens have their past as friends from the Indie's brought up every time they're on-screen together.

Yeah, but they've treated TNA differently from Japan and the "indies."

Because he'll still have a TV contract and all the talent already signed. I imagine it's really hard to get a startup wrestling promotion a TV deal in 2016.

A new wrestling company.

If I had to guess, they're filming this week as TNA, and these tapes will last them through the end of the year. WWE owns all of this footage.

At that point (lets say 2017), they will change the name, but everyone who worked for TNA will still be around. TV deals still in place. WWE does not own the footage in 2017 and going forward.

at least that's how I understand it.

Pretty much to all of this. Corgan loves the roster but hates the name, and wants a complete rebranding. This week every day is tapings, it'll get them through 2016, and Saturday's taping will be the last TNA has as TNA. (So yes, for those in the betting pool, TNA died in October 2016. We ain't doing this like WCW or ECW where yall wanted to be nice and count the Invasion and the WWECW show. The day the last taping stops, it stops.

And Rodeo Clown's post is completely correct. Jeff Jarrett can't even get US TV starting fresh in 2016, Billy Corgan had very little chance (imo no chance) of doing it in 2017.

The Lapsed Fan for Over the Edge is proving to be too much. When they start going through the PPV it's just WAY too much. The damn JJ / Blackman match took what felt like 30 minutes on its own because of all the Tennessee Lee stuff.

Hoping to jump into some of this soonish. How long is each chapter/story taking you?

"He can work styles"

"No he can't he is 13 years old in Gainesville" had me laughing

somedevil

Dusty Rhodes Classic Bracket is out:

CuBDyEzXgAQfGdF.jpg:large

MEANWHILE IN TNAMECCA

If TNA sells the library to WWE I'm done with wrestling. My last love will end that day. I know is very dramatic but I would not handle seeing TNA in the network like other dying companies.

I missed smackdown last night because I drove up to Sacramento to see the Paul McCartney concert tonight.

If I can get cheap box offices tickets to No Mercy I might drive back up again Sunday.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Well that's exciting -- WWE really giving you that bang for your 9.99 on their Network.

And let's see what Corgan can do as president of a pro wrestling company with TV -- although as I understand it, didn't he use his mentally slow brother as an on air heel character on his indie wrestling company that he used to run?

So, like Eugene?

imBask

Banned
wait I missed something, Lesnar vs Goldberg is happening at Survivor Series?

why

give me one good reason why they should redo this fucking match

Anth0ny

I still think the best way to bring back Goldberg is to have him go through the entire roster, undefeated, finally leading up to his match with Brock. Don't half ass it just because he's "old". If you're going to bring him back, he needs to be the unstoppable ass kicker that everyone remembers. It's wrestling, it's fucking fake.

Instead it sounds like they're hotshotting him straight to Brock. He's gonna beat Brock in his first match? That's fucked. Goldberg is going to LOSE in his first match? That's also fucked! Not sure what the logic is here. Current God King Brock vs. Goldberg is a mania match, and this is coming from someone who will be at survivor series lol

wait I missed something, Lesnar vs Goldberg is happening at Survivor Series?

why

give me one good reason why they should redo this fucking match

They don't care about the rest of the roster as long as they have a person they can throw cash at for anywhere from 1 to A Few matches per year, and CM Punk was correct all along

Barrage

I still think the best way to bring back Goldberg is to have him go through the entire roster, undefeated, finally leading up to his match with Brock. Don't half ass it just because he's "old". If you're going to bring him back, he needs to be the unstoppable ass kicker that everyone remembers. It's wrestling, it's fucking fake.

Instead it sounds like they're hotshotting him straight to Brock. He's gonna beat Brock in his first match? That's fucked. Goldberg is going to LOSE in his first match? That's also fucked! Not sure what the logic is here. Current God King Brock vs. Goldberg is a mania match, and this is coming from someone who will be at survivor series lol

Hotshotting Brock/Berg makes sense if the rumored Lesnar/Goldberg/Sting/Taker 4-Way at Mania is true.

A guy who never officially landed a punch in MMA has, and told us, the entire business of how the WWE works down to a T

Heroes don't always wear capes. But they should always be heard.

Zach

I missed smackdown last night because I drove up to Sacramento to see the Paul McCartney concert tonight.

If I can get cheap box offices tickets to No Mercy I might drive back up again Sunday.

My son and I had a lot of fun at Paul McCartney a couple years back. I hope you enjoy it.

I mean, technically isn't Punk in the MMA a part-timer who got to walk right into a top spot other fighters have trained many years of their life to get with the reason being they draw in more fans?

Cagey

Banned
Guy made half a million for two minutes of work, I would say his descision making skills are just fine.
There was a year and a half of training.

The key is he got paid for his thrill seeking when most are paying to for the pleasure.

The levels of WWE wrestlers are so bad. They always have to take a backseat to one day obligation part timers from a decade ago.

If only WWE treated their current starts like part timers and made them feel this important, they should be crushing the stars of the attitude era.

Hotshotting Brock/Berg makes sense if the rumored Lesnar/Goldberg/Sting/Taker 4-Way at Mania is true.
Throw Macho Man and HBK in this match and put it in a Hell in a Cell and you just made the dream match I fantasy booked when I was 11.

And make it for the European title.

Yall were telling me for years Bryan was great and yet

@WWEDanielBryan
After recent events on #SDLive, I'm making it official: @BaronCorbinWWE will take on @RealJackSwagger THIS Sunday at #WWENoMercy. @WWE

BTW Brock/Goldberg at SS probably means they're saving Brock/Shane for royal rumble*. That would actually make some degree of sense since Shane's match was a big part of why they sold over 93,000 tickets to WM 32.

*I refuse to believe it will happen at WM.

Yall were telling me for years Bryan was great and yet

@WWEDanielBryan
After recent events on #SDLive, I'm making it official: @BaronCorbinWWE will take on @RealJackSwagger THIS Sunday at #WWENoMercy. @WWE
Of course he makes a rematch to the hottest contest of last night, friend. Did you hear that crowd.

Top Bottom