• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

19 years ago today, everyone's favorite Demon and confirmed draw Kane made his official debut which was so iconic it's what made Michaels vs Taker five stars.

lmBMu1.gif

I just watched that entire show last night and posted a picture of him a few pages ago. Frankly, I hated it lol
I don't know what the point of bringing the rubber mask was but other than that I loved it, especially the writing on his back.

13 was a good show but the audio sync was too distracting to really enjoy.

Nekofrog

Banned
The awesome thing about Kane is how instantly glenn understood how to play the character. The mannerisms, the tilting back of his head, the slow aggressive walk to build the terror (I would never in a million years call takers slow walk "aggressive").

Fuck it I even love the early unmasked take on Kane. Kane is def in my top 5 all time characters and I'll gladly mark out for him in 2016.

My favorite raw of all time was Kane coming out on almost every segment of the show and just murdering whoever was out there. Each time the lights went out the pop got bigger and bigger and bigger.

Heroman

Banned
Smackdown getting pre brand split rating is terrible cause the whole reason why this split happen was to bosst there ratings.

Barrage

Smackdown getting pre brand split rating is terrible cause the whole reason why this split happen was to bosst there ratings.

Ratings are up from last year despite stiffer competition, the show is vastly improved. It's been less than six months. If they can develop a couple of stars in the next 2 years the split will be a success.

Zach

I can't help him lecturing a dude in a bar in Central Intelligence about how homophobia is toxic and how the guy should seek therapy was his way of carefully negating all that shit
I read this twice and can't figure out exactly what you're saying to me, GravyTrain.

Heroman

Banned
Ratings are up from last year despite stiffer competition, the show is vastly improved. It's been less than six months. If they can develop a couple of stars in the next 2 years the split will be a success.
Up? They are about the same outside of a few oitlines.And last year they had to compete against football.

Zach

In Central Intelligence, Rocks character is catching up with a high school friend played by Kevin Hart. Rock goes to bathroom and someone is about to steal his seat when Kevin intervenes. Chair stealer threatens Kevin before Rock shows up. Dude calls one Rock a gay slur. Close up to Rock "wow, homophobia? You should seek therapy and get that checked out" and beats the jock and his friends up.

My point was all things considered, it was an interesting delivery from someone with a history of slurs per your post and I wonder if that line was him telling the audience that he is distancing himself from that language
I see. Thank you for the clarification. We can only hope... but I'm guessing it was just written that way.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING AM I MISSING A PAGE
Yes. A DD Page.
Is a murderer!
Is this a future storyline?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats going on in nxt lately? Any special coming up? Whos feuding etc?

Mahonay

Banned
It was announced Kane would be taking on a back stage role helping with what used to be Dusty's old position. He will be helping young talent develop characters and promos since he is highly regarded in forum circles and makes numerous top 5 lists.
Kane is life. Kane is eternal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was announced Kane would be taking on a back stage role helping with what used to be Dusty's old position. He will be helping young talent develop characters and promos since he is highly regarded in forum circles and makes numerous top 5 lists.

I honestly cant tell if you're trolling me or not since its Kane.

DJKhaled

Why would you have Kane backstage helping talent when he could be out there in the ring with them

Because him going over young talent in the ring isn't helping them.

EDIT: I want to get into some more wrestling, right now I only watch WWE and TNA, I like wrestling that has long-term stories and good stories not just random matches with indie wrestlers doing cool moves, what promotion would I like best based on that?

Top Bottom