• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

No word from Meltz about the WWE - TNA deal has me thinking maybe a deal is / was close and he doesn't want to speak up yet incase it ruins it.

OR

Its total bullshit and he doesn't want to give it the time.

Or its maybe happening or not. :shrug

He said that nothing has been finalised, but that wwf has been in the talks as recently as this week.

Happy Kaneiversary friends!

The awesome thing about Kane is how instantly glenn understood how to play the character. The mannerisms, the tilting back of his head, the slow aggressive walk to build the terror (I would never in a million years call takers slow walk "aggressive").

Fuck it I even love the early unmasked take on Kane. Kane is def in my top 5 all time characters and I'll gladly mark out for him in 2016.

My favorite raw of all time was Kane coming out on almost every segment of the show and just murdering whoever was out there. Each time the lights went out the pop got bigger and bigger and bigger.
Nekofrog just grabbed the brass ring and threw it through the glass ceiling.

Much like Kane did when he made his debut.

Of course not, Kane is a respected journeyman of this business who's career I have nothing but respect for.
See, even Boots Lariato Monsoon is giving the man props.

It was announced Kane would be taking on a back stage role helping with what used to be Dusty's old position. He will be helping young talent develop characters and promos since he is highly regarded in forum circles and makes numerous top 5 lists.
You jest but he's genuinely one of the top options among WWE wrasslers to support character work and even promos.
Deep down you know this, this post is you secretly leaking your love for Good Guy Glenn.

Pikma

Banned
The way fucking Full Sail has treated Andrade is simply disgusting but having him beat down their newest darling is actually pretty great booking

Fox318

Meltz said Vince wants Shane vs Brock.

Man the day that family is off tv is the day wrestling can finally move forward

klonere

Banned
God bless Kota Ibushi

CuFRYwuVIAAuwPT.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
I'm wondering what WWE is going to be building towards for Raw between Survivor Series and the next Raw PPV cuz Raw's coming here and I kinda want to go, but I'm wondering if it'll be worth it.

Alucard

Banned
So, I've been thinking...it seems to me that wrestling is like anime in terms of quality. 70% trash or middle-of-the-road, and 30% quality. Thoughts?

So, I've been thinking...it seems to me that wrestling is like anime in terms of quality. 70% trash or middle-of-the-road, and 30% quality. Thoughts?

Absolutely.
Throw in filler, odd character booking, big fight feel and so on to discover they're even closer alike than some may care to admit.

Anime has totally been one upping my wrasslin' this year though as far as my shameful niche tv viewing interests go.

Alucard

Banned
Absolutely.
Throw in filler, odd character booking, big fight feel and so on to discover they're even closer alike than some may care to admit.

Anime has totally been one upping my wrasslin' this year though as far as my shameful niche tv viewing interests go.

At least you can research anime and watch a full series knowing that it's quality. With wrestling, it's a crap-shoot every week.

Menome

Or maybe it's just because Andrade has been as exciting to watch as the plastic bag from American Beauty since coming to NXT.

Mahonay

Banned
A plastic bag is more exciting than Elias Sampson.
I want to know who thought that pushing The Drifter gimmick hard would actually work. Doesn't help that his ring work is some of the most forgettable and unremarkable stuff I've ever witnessed. It's a malaise of nothing, then an eblow drop.

I've always likened it more to super hero comics, but that works too.

It can't reach super hero levels until we start getting continuity clusterfucks and 10 different versions of the Undertaker gimmick like Ultimate Undertaker, Good Guy Glenn has hijacked Mark Callaway's body Taker and Michelle McTaker.

Though we do have gimmick reboots.

Zach

Fantastic. It just finished. My second time seeing him in concert. Live and Let Die is amazing live. He also played my favorite song of his Band on the Run.
Yep, "Live and Let Die" was surprisingly wild. Fire and stuff everywhere. Kane on bass.

>_>

klonere

Banned
I want to know who thought that pushing The Drifter gimmick hard would actually work. Doesn't help that his ring work is some of the most forgettable and unremarkable stuff I've ever witnessed. It's a malaise of nothing, then an eblow drop.

He's got that Performance Center malaise about him. Mechanically fine but just utterly devoid of anything vaguely impressive.

imBask

Banned
Ibushi :
-kicks out of a burning hammer
-spits on his north american fans by refusing to work here
-gets overshadowed by a gaijin

he really is the worst

Ibushi :

he really is the worst
They shouldn't even want the fucking jobber just cause of this. He should be blackballed by everyone. Starve the fucker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finishers don't mean anything and haven't for years.

This is the wrestling world that the mid 2000 indies spawned. Deal w it.

Recall

what? what are you even saying?

"oh the new Transformers movie was bad"
"wow you're so entitled"

how does that even make sense. I'm pointing out facts

Are you pointing out that somehow he is insulting you, an American fan by not signing?

Because if you are. Get. The. Fuck. Over. Yourself.

Ibushi :

he really is the worst

Is this satire?

imBask

Banned
Are you pointing out that somehow he is insulting you, an American fan by not signing?

Because if you are. Get. The. Fuck. Over. Yourself.

He had the opportunity to work for the biggest company and actually make a real living out of his profession and be a star. But instead he said no because "wahh i'd have to change some things in my life". Well mister Ibushi enjoy the japanese midcard for life and working for a japenese equivalent of a subway sandwich, ya bum

Menome

A plastic bag is more exciting than Elias Sampson.

In honour of Worktober. I made this post on 5th June 2016:

My threat to the world: If Sandow gets released, I will relay blow-by-blow recounts of TNA if he joins there and start gimmick-posting as an Elias Samson superfan.

Congratulations Wrassle-GAF. I openly told you what I would do and you worked yourselves into a shoot.

Although I haven't been able to keep up with TNA as I actually have a job now.

ReiGun

It can't reach super hero levels until we start getting continuity clusterfucks and 10 different versions of the Undertaker gimmick like Ultimate Undertaker, Good Guy Glenn has hijacked Mark Callaway's body Taker and Michelle McTaker.

Though we do have gimmick reboots.

takers.jpg

KaneVs.ImpostorKane_crop_north.jpg

We already got multiple versions of some characters. There's also the constant heel/face turns for some characters that have them being friends with people they should hate, reboots and retcons, women characters being treated as oversexualized afterthoughts until about three years ago, and everything about Bray Wyatt is straight out of a comic book.

All we need is a Crisis event that ends with the creation of a new WWE Universe where there was never a WCW and Triple H founded DX by himself.

Heroman

Banned
He had the opportunity to work for the biggest company and actually make a real living out of his profession and be a star. But instead he said no because "wahh i'd have to change some things in my life". Well mister Ibushi enjoy the japanese midcard for life and working for a japenese equivalent of a subway sandwich, ya bum
But he already is a star and makes pretty good money.

Recall

Are you his life coach? Do you know him? His choices are for his reasons. He has never once shown any unhappiness in how he lives but yet you know better?

This community is horrible.

Hasney

OK, so is this satire?

Aiii

So not worth it
Calm your tits, people.

Total Bellas was good, Cena is great, some realness with D-Bry emotionally breaking down and Johnny Motherfucking Ace.

imBask

Banned
Are you his life coach? Do you know him? His choices are for his reasons. He has never once shown any unhappiness in how he lives but yet you know better?

This community is horrible.

you're right, the Ibushi apologists really are ruining this community!

When you get an opportunity to quit the equivalent of Blackberry to work for Google, you take the offer. What a waste of talent

Top Bottom