• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

They just want a Spotify equivalent for wrestling, can't blame them

Realistically what I can see happening, and not just WWE, but a lot of these special interest VOD platforms turn into channels. But not channels for traditional broadcast (Comcast, DirecTV, etc), rather channels for platforms like Vue and SlingTV. I've been hoping for a IPTV "evolution" for a while now and it really seems like it could be happening. Consumers are seeing what happens when you decouple and they're fed up with being tied to hardware/viewing platforms. A service like Vue also makes it way more easy for platforms like MLBAM (WWE, HBO, MLB, NHL), VHX/Pivotshare, etc to insert their 'channels' into an IPTV platform versus traditional broadcast.

KingBroly

Banned
Monthly is supposed to be ad-supported as well, I believe.

I like the idea of WWE trying to become what the NWA was before WWE killed the territories. It's their best way to survive and grow.

Hasney

Yeah, its a great idea. I'd probably not watch TNA or ROH since I have so much wrestling all ready, but I'd occasionally shove an event on when I'm bored/hungover, so I'd pay the higher tier.

Bret was critical of why the Freebirds are in the Hall of Fame but not Rick Rude, The Fabulous Rougeaus and Demolition.

raw

They might not have gone anywhere in the five seconds they were with WWE but the Freebirds drew more in a year back in their day than Owen did his entire career and we wouldn't have half the talk of Owen being in if it wasn't for what happened to him. Hayes is a shit bag but he's also been working for the company for 20 years now and obviously that's why they got inducted to Vince's imaginary hall of fame. Rude should be in but they've largely shied away from inducting talent who died from drugs, did the Rougeaus really anything of note in WWE? They were there for four years and of that maybe they had a year of actual relevancy? They never got a tag title run or anything. We know why Demolition isn't in.

Hasney

They might not have gone anywhere in the five seconds they were with WWE but the Freebirds drew more in a year back in their day than Owen did his entire career and we wouldn't have half the talk of Owen being in if it wasn't for what happened to him.

Bullshit. If Koko B Ware is in, the better half of the tag team should be in.

Striker

We know why Demolition isn't in.
*Now* you do but why haven't they been inducted over the past 10-15 years? They achieved a lot in their run and were not bad apples, which is a valid question.

Not add Rude because he passed away from drugs? They added Mr. Perfect and countless others despite that.

In reality, it is much of a sham as the writing and booking and has no merit on draw power, success, or even if you were even in the company.

Zach

Are you guys telling me TNA is going to cost $5.00 more a month on the Network?

Woooo! I won't be grading TNA PPVs!

Guzim

With TNA potentially being on the WWE Network, I can finally watch the episodes of Impact with Joker Sting that Spindashing had kept raving about.

Zach

The only way I'd pay a higher tier for the network is if they included live Raw and Smackdown.
I don't think there's anything that I'd be willing to pay more than $10 for.

Well, maybe if they had all of the New Japan Network(?) content, but I don't see that happening.

Archive content is included.

Just not live TNA PPVs.

Enjoy hundreds of double J PPVs
I thought TNA wasn't going to exist anymore after this year? So what are you talking about live PPVs?

Fox318

I don't think there's anything that I'd be willing to pay more than $10 for.

Well, maybe if they had all of the New Japan Network(?) content, but I don't see that happening.

I thought TNA wasn't going to exist anymore after this year? So what are you talking about live PPVs?
it looked like the $15 was just live stuff but who knows.

Live Raw and Smackdown on the Network probably won't happen, given it would just kill the ratings even more.

If their next TV contract is shit I expect there to be a tier for live TV.

Foffy

Banned
SHOOT: I'd pay $25/month for the Network if it also included NJPW.

Don't you technically get NJPW because they are sometimes part of ROH programming? Does that count?

Also, doesn't NJPW World already allow broadcasts of some of the promotions they're affiliated with? I believe they air all of the CMLL Friday shows on their service, but I'm not sure if they do any others like ROH or RevPro.

Recall

For the price I pay now I'm happy with what I get on the network.

If there is an additional price point that gives me more then I'll consider it. But if they change (lessen) what I get now for what I pay then I'm totally fine with cancelling all together.

Recall

Paying to watch RAW is the markiest move you could ever make.

July 25th had the RAW everyone was losing their shit over saying it was the best RAW of the year. I just waited a month and watched the best bits on the Network.

RAWs don't mean anything any more, they add zero to the PPV match build ups.

July 25th had the RAW everyone was losing their shit over saying it was the best RAW of the year. I just waited a month and watched the best bits on the Network.

RAWs don't mean anything any more, they add zero to the PPV match build ups.
They upload the bits the day after on YouTube.

The Over the Edge 1998 Lapsed Fan is minus 10 billion fucking stars. Had to turn it off cause they wouldn't stop the fucking Tennessee Lee impersonation.

Top Bottom