• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Fucking hell, El Ligero's already broken his 2015 record of 231 matches in a year. Dude's a machine.

Also, can't believe Meltz watched WCPW over PROGRESS. C'mon, Dave!

Zach

Resident Evil 4 was a lot of fun, but I like The Last of Us more. It's great. Not quite Shadow of the Colossus, but really great.

And I've played through twice. Once with my lady friend and then a second time with my son. He's still
mad at Joel to this day

MC Safety

Somebody please explain the idea that X should never win a match because it is 2016.

Someone also please explain the idea that Y should always win because it is 2016.

Honestly, it seems like the most wrestling of wrestling logic.

Zach

So while Mafia III was installing forever I just put the TV on mute and played some guitar. I see it's done and unmute to Dylan (by way of Jimi Hendrix's rendition of "All Along the Watchtower") -- YEEEAAAH!

There's a number of reasons I prefer RE4 to LoU, but maybe the ultimate is...

7AA9D920E8202E23602A58B9D27013695502B53F
you can't do spots in LoU.

Resident Evil 4 was a lot of fun, but I like The Last of Us more. It's great. Not quite Shadow of the Colossus, but really great.

And I've played through twice. Once with my lady friend and then a second time with my son. He's still
mad at Joel to this day
You put TLOU over RE4 and I'm NUMBER ONE in your Power Rankings.

Friend, Zach, you have the best taste imaginable.

Does he ever watch it?

Nope, but this was the biggest PROGRESS show to date, the biggest drawing British wrestling show in England for almost 30 years and featured a card of primarily made up of homegrown talent. But I guess he thought WCPW was more newsworthy, what with Del Rio, JR and Cornette being paid insane fees to be there.

Nekofrog

Banned
I wonder if Shawn hadn't been so fucked, would his match with Austin at Mania be another Bret/Austin.

E:DX theme live performance wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. It was even kinda good.

it was pretty bad. they're using what looks like 1x12" mic'ed speakers, i can't imagine why they would do that for that type of song.

Does WCPW have anything going for them that isn't tied to the stars they can pull in with their money or pushing the Adam's to the front of all the stories?

Nope.

Dave was going through what it must have cost them to put the last show together - 25K for Angle, 10K for Del Rio, and a lot for both JR and Cornette (He really put over how good Cornette's colour work was, saying it's better then anyone on a major promotion right now).

Putting those huge wages together with the tiny arena, super cheap ticket prices and cheap streaming, it's just an unsustainable ego trip that'll last as long as they're willing to eat the losses.

Putting together a coherent, serialised show with sustainable prices and wrestlers who'll be back every week would be what they'd be doing if they were serious.

The big thing they have going for them is their audience, which is pretty significant in size (compared to most British wrestling promotions) and doesn't have much cross-over with the current British wrestling crowd. That's both good and bad for other promotions, as there's not much chance of WCPW luring away those promotion's hardcore fanbases, but it's bad because WCPW crowds are exactly the audience other promotions will need to target if they're to expand: British wrestling fans who aren't yet fully aware of the extent of British wrestling.

Zach

Mafia III's intro was great and now "Help Me, Rhonda" is playing on the radio in this first mission. I'm probably going to like this game.

The big thing they have going for them is their audience, which is pretty significant in size (compared to most British wrestling promotions) and doesn't have much cross-over with the current British wrestling crowd. That's both good and bad for other promotions, as there's not much chance of WCPW luring away those promotion's hardcore fanbases, but it's bad because WCPW crowds are exactly the audience other promotions will need to target if they're to expand: British wrestling fans who aren't yet fully aware of the extent of British wrestling.
I see. Yeah, I can see the crowd-drawing thing potentially being a problem for other promotions. Especially if they could draw in a more casual crowd who were drawn to WhatCulture for their WWE videos and got interested in them opening a promotion. A more normal fan without much knowledge might think 'well, I'll go to the place with Kurt Angle or Del Rio on it' then the other place. And with the YouTube channel plus the success of the actual wrestling show, WCPW probably won't run out of the money to hire these people for now.

I'm kind of happy for the guys. I was a big fan of the channel but I watch maybe two or three things they do on the channel because most of the other stuff just seems like means to rank in views easily. Plus the whole Adam vs Adam thing lost the appeal when Adam Pacitti was 'sick' for all that time.

Nope.

Dave was going through what it must have cost them to put the last show together - 25K for Angle, 10K for Del Rio, and a lot for both JR and Cornette (He really put over how good Cornette's colour work was, saying it's better then anyone on a major promotion right now).

Putting those huge wages together with the tiny arena, super cheap ticket prices and cheap streaming, it's just an unsustainable ego trip that'll last as long as they're willing to eat the losses.

Putting together a coherent, serialised show with sustainable prices and wrestlers who'll be back every week would be what they'd be doing if they were serious.
Angle is 25k? Man, they should just fork out the 4k for Da Big Guy.

Yeah, I was wondering how they're doing on pushing their own talent. They can't really always rely on Del Rio or Angle to appear but at the same time maybe they think the actual WhatCulture personalities are a draw.

Anth0ny

Shoot

I've never played The Last of Us, I'm saving my first playthrough for PS4 Pro

enjoy, it's really good. definitely one of the top 5 games of last gen.

but the way some people on gaf talk about it, you'd think it's the second coming of bret/austin at mania 13. fuckin hell.

Maybe they'll get to see them for $14.99 only on the WWE Network!

Will be interesting to see how their crowd holds up if/when they do a show with no former wwf guys.

Comparing TLOU to RE4 is stupid. Next you guys will grade Silent Hill against Mario 64 (the jumping in mario is vastly better lololol)

TLOU is a fucking masterpiece in the gameplay department . With that said, That and Uncharted 4 are the only two ND games I like.
Personally, I only brought it up because it used to be my favorite, but the gameplay and the story of TLOU resonated with me so much it took it's place.

Natalya or Nikki would be fine until Becky comes back.

I can't see Asuka having a believable feud against someone who's getting beaten up by Carmella every week

meanwhile

Asuka vs Charlotte
Asuka vs Sasha
Asuka vs Nia
Asuka vs Bayley (best to save for a mania where Bayley finally beats Asuka

Pikma

Banned
Comparing TLOU to RE4 is stupid. Next you guys will grade Silent Hill against Mario 64 (the jumping in mario is vastly better lololol)

TLOU is a fucking masterpiece in the gameplay department . With that said, That and Uncharted 4 are the only two ND games I like.
A fucking jobber with a fucking jobber-like opinion, how surprising

This is why you got demoted from the pre-shows, loser

I can't see Asuka having a believable feud against someone who's getting beaten up by Carmella every week
They're almost all cheap shots though.

Do Devil Advocates gather in group meetings and spoon each other with pride?

TLOU is design is not debatable. If it isn't for you, that's one thing, but that has no direct relation to its inherit design.

Mechanically, TLOU enables you to have your character do what you input them to do without being hindered by barbaric tank controls. Gameplay wise, tank controls disqualify any fucking resident evil from having better gameplay. No one has said in the last twenty fucking years that any game would have been better with turn left/right first controls. No one.

The set pieces are brilliantly designed to give you different approaches whether you stick to stealth or Rambo. By that I mean, you can get creative enough to stealth a segment any number of ways . You can use sound as a distraction or you can use nothing at all and time your movements to sneak by and you can do this from multiple directions . Giving the player that type of choice is not easy and is done very well here.

Next, assuming inquiring minds who have an eye for better gameplay have radar turned off, no game does intensity like TLOU does. Combined with the art direction, music (or lack thereof) and ambiance , the game can make any encounter feel like an important one.

So, yeah, I am eager to hear exactly what specific examples any of you bullshitters who enjoy games riddled with shit AI can provide to dignify why TLOU has a gameplay problem. Should be good :)

Stop being a brown-noser

y7N4ucQ.png

Becky vs Asuka would be an amazing feud. Asuka's main issue is most of her opponents have different styles than her. Her and Becky could have one hell of a chain-mat match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Somewhat good is one thing. Roman Reigns is somewhat good. As is TLOU.

It's got nothing on Resident Evil 4 though.

Top Bottom