• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm telling you, there's only one appropriate theme for the November OT: TNA Memorial Thread

But that suggests anyone gives a shit about TNA

Honestly I liked them once. It's far easier to blow the hate out of proportion than recognize what little they did.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, I am building an army.

Max Payne 2 and 3 is That Motherfucker

Solid Snake isn't at all. Naked Snake? Now we've got a case.
Now just hold on, allow me to re-introduce Naked Snake:

Bunch of confused souls in this thread.

Solid Snake:

- On his first mission, he rescued Gray Fox, destroyed Metal Gear, and defeated Big Boss.
- In MGS, he came out of an early retirement, saved the pansy that is Otacon, defeated FOXHOUND single handedly, fought a fucking ninja and won, saved the world again by taking care of another Metal Gear, and beat the crap out of his British twin brother.
- In MGS2, he helped Raiden grow some balls (miraculous feat), sank a goddamn tanker, inspired millions, and he swam down a Metal Gear Ray. That's right. That's how insane his skills are. He swims fast enough to keep up with a machine.
- He also has an IQ of 180 and is fluent in six languages.

Whilst we don't know what happened with this great man beyond the events of MGS2, we know he's due for a return.

Big Boss's resume includes killing his own mother figure (good job you ungrateful twat), crying about killing his own mother figure, sexually assaulting some loli looking girl, getting his ass tortured by Drago, being put into a coma (jesus christ), growing a dick on his head, then having the shit beat out of him by his own student of CQC when he tried the whole grandmaster villain reveal. He also has difficulty speaking one language, let alone six.

'Oh, I was forced to kill The Boss. Oh cruel fate, how you have abandoned thee!!'

If only Solid Snake could go back in time and kill his crippled ass.

strobogo

Banned
Had some real wacky dreams the past couple of nights.

Dream 1: I head over to my former PHD having MILF girlfriendishthing's house. I play wrestle with her dog. She gets really mad about it because she thought I was really fighting her 10 pound dog. Then she chilled out. Then my dog showed up, and now both of the dogs had fleas. In her bed were these weird bugs that had sea shells for bodies. We decided to go out to eat. She dressed up as WCW Liz. We head to a BBQ place and then we both kind of disappear from the dream. At a table is an older black guy who is telling a story about how how grandfather died while traveling via train. It happened in the Cayman Islands, where a girl at the table helpfully points out they only have one train and has never not been on time. It then cuts to a 70s detective movie with Ron Swanson as the detective, and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the coroner/priest with a dry sense of humor who constantly jiggles quarters in his pocket. The killer of a woman was able to disappear into the traffic/fog of 70s New York City.

Dream 2: Boned an old friend of mine. But as it turns out, the room is a press room for some kind of conference, just for the Indianapolis part. So I find in my room, Stang, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Ryan Stiles. I'm thinking, this is pretty dope. Hall and Nash have to go do their thing, which is walk around a local Meijer and tear shit up. They were wearing the black on white nWo shirts, which I just happened to have one of, too! So I was pretty excited to get those signed and stuff, but when I went outside, it was either dystopian future riots, or 50s Cuban revolution riots as far as the eye could see. I find a place to go piss where I think I won't get mugged or arrested. What I see is a dope meteor shower, where the meteors formed something like this:
1000x1000.jpg

Then I heard someone coming and got nervous. This guy walks out of the showers and pulls a knife. But it's MOTHER FUCKING OMAR LITTLE. He drops the knife and we hang out, talking about all the crazy shit going on.

This is what happens when I DON'T drink.

Using all past WM make a card from top to bottom

01. Intercontinental Title: Randy Savage (c) vs Ricky Steamboat (WM3)
02. The Steiner Brothers vs The Headsrinkers (WM9)
03. Chris Jericho vs Christian (WM20)
04. Randy Orton vs CM Punk (WM27)
05. Submission Match: Steve Austin vs Bret Hart (WM13)
06. WWF Tag Team Title TLC Match: Hardy Boyz (c) vs Dudley Boys vs Edge & Christiam (WM17)
07. Retirement Match: Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior (WM4)
08. Career vs Streak: The Undertaker vs HBK (WM25)
09. WWE World Heayweight Title: Kurt Angle (c) vs Brock Lesnar (WM19)
10. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Hulk Hogan (c) vs Andre the Giant (WM3)

strobogo

Banned
Drinking or smoking a bunch prevents a person from going into REM where most dreaming happens. Or something like that. I haven't remembered a dream for many a year.

Drinking hasn't stopped me from having weird ass dreams. But I haven't drank for the past few days and had a couple of extra weird dreams.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 9/23/96

• Brad Armstrong/Juventud Guerrera vs Taskmaster/Konnan
  • Mike Enos vs Chris Jericho
  • Pat Tanaka vs Glacier
  • Public Enemy vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Greg Valentine vs Randy Savage
  • Jim Powers vs VK Wallstreet
  • Jim DOOGUN vs Ron Studd
  • Jim DOOGUN vs Syxx
  • nWo Sting vs Bo Ledux
  • High Voltage vs The Amazing French Canadians
  • High Voltage vs The Outsiders

God, such a shitty show. If you can't tell by the matches, this is the episode where the nWo took over the whole second hour and it was garbage. The first out was garbage. Then the nWo took over, introduced VIRGIL and Kyle Petty, and took away all the coolness of any of them except for Hall by completely over exposing them for an hour instead of 20 minutes. Giant did all of the ring announcing and could not have been more annoying and grating. I'd rather watch 3 hours of Konnan with Michael Hayes on commentary than listen to another hour of fucking Big Show screaming and fucking up all of the ring announcements, while thinking he's being hilarious. And then acting like Ric Flair. While dressed like a 90s asshole. Just awful.

ickGpr6RFwZqG.gif

itaZlIdEeintx.gif

ibiaKWUUvIh6zl.gif

iwMjgn1eFRFSR.gif

Pretty surprised you didn't have a dream about Allah.

I know. Instead, I get Mayan/Aztec style bird made out of meteors.

Sephzilla

Dark Match - The Rock vs John Cena (WM28)
1 - Daniel Bryan vs Triple H (WM30)
2 - Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Owen Hart (WM10)
3 - WWF Tag Team Title TLC Match: Hardy Boyz (c) vs Dudley Boys vs Edge & Christiam (WM17)
4 - Submission Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart (WM13)
5 - Hulk Hogan vs The Rock (WM18)
6 - Shawn Michaels vs "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (WM24)
7 - WWE Intercontinental Title: Macho Man Randy Savage (c) vs Rocky "The Dragon" Steamboat (WM3)
8 - Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant (WM3)
9 - The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (WM25)
10- WWE World Heavyweight Title Iron Man Match: Shawn Michaels vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart (WM12)

Jamie OD

I'm telling you, there's only one appropriate theme for the November OT: TNA Memorial Thread

TNA is the villain in a slasher flick. Just when you think it's gone, a hand reaches out from the grave. No point acting like TNA is dead until they are off the air without a back up TV deal.

Kaladin

TNA is the villain in a slasher flick. Just when you think it's gone, a hand reaches out from the grave. No point acting like TNA is dead until they are off the air without a back up TV deal.

Even then, they'll produce from a shoestring budget and torrent every episode till they get another TV deal.

Like Jason Voorhees waiting at the bottom of the lake for someone to come along and have sex in the abandoned camp grounds and resurrect him.

Several members of the roster who have had contracts recently expire or are expiring soon have been trying to contact people at the Nashville HQ to find out what's up, but are not having their calls returned. Apparently they're on the "we'll offer you new contracts when we have a secure TV deal" stage. Several names were paid per-appearance for the last set of tapings, others (like Samoa Joe and Mike Tenay) are up at year's end and are basically in limbo.

The end of the tnation appears near

somedevil

Some news on the next NXT special:

The next Takeover special would come during the month of March 2015 and there's a lot of speculation within WWE that they may bring the NXT crew to WrestleMania 31 weekend in the San Francisco area. There would be issues with running an event the size of Takeover with WrestleMania Axxess but it is possible and would put NXT on a much bigger stage.

It would great if they did the pay per view in a smaller venue around the WrestleMania area. The problem would be they would have to do it on a Friday to make it work.

Though imagine on WrestleMania weekend having a NXT pay per view and possible taping as well as WrestleMania and the Raw after.

kirblar

JBL on the Cole/Roberts rumors, via Facebook:

I saw on the Internet that Michael Cole and Justin Roberts got into a fight at ringside-during a live Raw. Do you realize how preposterous this is? Michael has ZERO break during the three hours (King and I barely have enough to tweet!), we go straight to WWE App during commercials (which Maggle is so helpful in showing everyone how to download) and back to TV action. This 'fight' never happened and couldn't have happened due to lack of time. I have no idea how these things start-but happy that people care enough to write about what we do and what goes on, sometimes though the 'news' is wrong as in this case.

I wish Justin the best obviously and I know nothing of his departure other than what was announced-but wanted to clear this up as the Internet was buying this for fact for some reason.

I do want to wish Maggle a happy birthday (yesterday) I do think Maggle is the best play by play guy WWE has ever had, and before all of you hop on the JR or Gorilla bandwagon-I mean no insult to either of those guys, both all time greats. I have worked with Michael since my broadcast start and have never seen anyone better-that is obviously subject to my opinion. The stuff he has to do with all the social media, app, network, etc makes his job the hardest play by play in the world imo and as much as I love getting him on air, I think he is great at it.

Now, I just hope this monster hurricane somehow misses Bermuda!!

Fox318

They should have a NXT PPV in February so that you can promo wretslemania right after the rumble. Move the Elimination chamber to another month.

Kaladin

Some news on the next NXT special:

It would great if they did the pay per view in a smaller venue around the WrestleMania area. The problem would be they would have to do it on a Friday to make it work.

Though imagine on WrestleMania weekend having a NXT pay per view and possible taping as well as WrestleMania and the Raw after.

Oooh. Live NXT event on Friday night and a taping on Saturday afternoon before the HOF? That would put a major dent in the audience for Ring of Honor and other promotions that weekend.

Especially if they continue the trend of signing indie and Japanese stars.

Only using each man and title once.

Daniel Bryan V HHH
Randy Savage V Ricky Steamboat for the IC title
Cody Rhodes V Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho V Shawn Michaels
Kane V Raven V Big Show Hardcore Title Match
Undertaker V CM Punk
Steve Austin V Bret Hart Submission Match
Edge and Christian V The Hardys V The Dudleys TLC for the Tag Team title
Rock V Hogan
Kurt Angle V Brock Lesnar for the WWE title

Fox318

Only using each man and title once.

Daniel Bryan V HHH
Randy Savage V Ricky Steamboat for the IC title
Cody Rhodes V Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho V Shawn Michaels
Kane V Raven V Big Show Hardcore Title Match
Undertaker V CM Punk
Steve Austin V Bret Hart Submission Match
Edge and Christian V The Hardys V The Dudleys TLC for the Tag Team title
Rock V Hogan
Kurt Angle V Brock Lesnar for the WWE title

No Benoit vs HHH vs Michaels?

Verendus

Banned
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - WWF Championship (Wrestlemania 17)
Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (Wrestlemania 6)
Batista vs. John Cena (Wrestlemania 26)
Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Wrestlemania 25)
Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan (Wrestlemania 30)
The Hardys vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge and Christian TLC II - (Wrestlemania 17)
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (Wrestlemania 3)
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Wrestlemania 10)
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 20)
Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon (Wrestlemania 17)
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania 28)

Didn't bother about titles. Only used the wrestlers once.

how did we have NWO month in October instead of having NWOvember

01. Intercontinental Title: Randy Savage (c) vs Ricky Steamboat (WM3)
02. The Steiner Brothers vs The Headsrinkers (WM9)
03. Chris Jericho vs Christian (WM20)
04. Randy Orton vs CM Punk (WM27)
05. Submission Match: Steve Austin vs Bret Hart (WM13)
06. WWF Tag Team Title TLC Match: Hardy Boyz (c) vs Dudley Boys vs Edge & Christiam (WM17)
07. Retirement Match: Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior (WM4)
08. Career vs Streak: The Undertaker vs HBK (WM25)
09. WWE World Heayweight Title: Kurt Angle (c) vs Brock Lesnar (WM19)
10. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Hulk Hogan (c) vs Andre the Giant (WM3)
damn bryan can't even make fake cards

Entropia

No One Remembers

1. Big Show and Kane, Santino Marella, and Kofi Kingston vs. The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel) (Wrestlemania 27)
2. The ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) vs. The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker and Kevin Thorn) (Wrestlemania 23)
3. Too Cool (Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty) vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) vs. The Basham Brothers (Danny and Doug), vs. The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq) (Wrestlemania 20)
4. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) vs. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy) (Wrestlemania 2000)
5. Hardcore Battle Royal (Wrestlemania 2000)
6. Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna (Wrestlemania 9)
7. "Miss WrestleMania" 25-Diva battle royal (Wrestlemania 25)

Wrestlemania paydays for everyone!!

Edit: Shit, some people pulling double duty. Oh well!

JavyOO7

NXT is on right now. He might not ever make it big but I like the little we've seen so far. (re: Baron Corbin)

Tyson Kidd is such a joy on this show!

Cagey

Banned
I can tell Terry's in awe.

Also, ZSJ rules;

Zack.gif

I never understood the wrestling logic of the first part of this sequence: where Wrassler A has his legs around the torso of Wrassler B, facing the ground, and moves up/down and then something happens. Just like in this clip, in WWE too, you'd get a Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara purposely jumping into that position of Wrassler A, and usually the Wrassler A gains an advantage from this move due to Wrestling Logic.

I never could suspend disbelief to where I'd not think "that other guy should just slam the tiny motherfucker into the ground face first".

Sephzilla

I never understood the wrestling logic of the first part of this sequence: where Wrassler A has his legs around the torso of Wrassler B, facing the ground, and moves up/down and then something happens. Just like in this clip, in WWE too, you'd get a Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara purposely jumping into that position of Wrassler A, and usually the Wrassler A gains an advantage from this move due to Wrestling Logic.

I never could suspend disbelief to where I'd not think "that other guy should just slam the tiny motherfucker into the ground face first".

I think the wrestling logic of it is supposed to be that Wrestler A is going for some weird version of a sunset flip?

Top Bottom