• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Sephzilla

Also, The Flintstones, as they crossed over with Scooby and Fred made an appearance on Nitro.

This would include the entire Hanna Barbara output, which means Godzilla is also in the same universe. And since Robocop had cross overs with The Terminator, Aliens, Predators...almost everything awesome is technically part of the WWE Universe. Hulk Hogan being himself in Gremlins 2 means Gremlins are in.

Also, due to Scooby and Robocop, Batman and the entire DCU are included. Due to Godzilla, the entire MCU is included.

And this means Star Trek is included too since there were crossover comics with the X-Men showing up in the Trek Universe. And Trek did a crossover with Dr Who, meaning the Who universe is involved.

WWE is the glue that binds fiction together.

Also, the Muppets.

Verendus

Banned
Your post was better before the edit Duncan.

Only if it hits PS4 =]
Hello, Brock.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Verendus. I am the one behind the one, in All-in One, who is responsible for the Age of One, Xbox One. I would hope that you consider this entertainment system as it will take you to a whole new world. A world unlike any other.

Verendus

Banned
PS4 can't even play games, how could it be used to spy on others?

For those purposes, I would love to introduce you to the Xbox One All-in-One Entertainment System, for all your gaming and entertainment needs. It places the power of the stars, in your hands.

Edit:

How realistic is it that Brock is coming back for Hell in a Cell? Is the Cena and Brock match happening? Because google is telling me this motherfucker is gone until November probably.

Edit 2:

christ.

Edit 3:

jesus christ.

Your post was better before the edit Duncan.

Hello, Brock.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Verendus. I am the one behind the one, in All-in One, who is responsible for the Age of One, Xbox One. I would hope that you consider this entertainment system as it will take you to a whole new world. A world unlike any other.

I thought you were supposed to be some sort of Playstation Insider god? Must of been exposed as a sham, a con artist, a hoodwinker, a bamboozler and now a traitor! Damn, how the mighty have fallen. :(

PS4 can't even play games, how could it be used to spy on others?

For those purposes, I would love to introduce you to the Xbox One All-in-One Entertainment System, for all your gaming and entertainment needs. It places the power of the stars, in your hands.

Edit:

How realistic is it that Brock is coming back for Hell in a Cell? Is the Cena and Brock match happening? Because google is telling me this motherfucker is gone until November probably.

Edit 2:

christ.

Edit 3:

jesus christ.

I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Brock may not be back til Rumble if the rumors going round are to be believed

Verendus

Banned
I thought you were supposed to be some sort of Playstation Insider god? Must of been exposed as a sham, a con artist, a hoodwinker, a bamboozler and now a traitor! Damn, how the mighty have fallen. :(
I've taken it upon myself to save the Xbox One.

By promoting it on NeoGAF. You should understand Brock. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Brock may not be back til Rumble if the rumors going round are to be believed
Yeah, reading that now. Kind of sucks if true.

I was really looking forward to that Joan and Lesnar HIAC. I may as well forget it from the looks of it.

Edit:

This HBK/Cena rivalry is more terrible than I remembered.

"My name is Joan Cena...and I am right here!"

Such compelling entertainment, let me tell you. Music is nice at least.

I've taken it upon myself to save the Xbox One.

By promoting it on NeoGAF, since that is what it feels like this tag's duty is. You should understand Brock. You have your own "Age". And sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

You can't save something destined for failure, friend. Nor is even possible to stop the age of Playstation domination!

PLAYSTATION DOMINATION:

"Play, Standby, Conquer Xbox, Repeat"

Verendus

Banned
I have the perfect solution.

You all may not know this, but we are only a month and a half away from WWE 2K15. And it's a generational leap. We're now talking PS3 level graphics and maybe animations.

You can play as your favourite superstars, including Dah Animahl.

jred2k

Guise,

I gotta make a decision, should I go to Smackdown or not? Is it as bad as seeing Raw live?

It's not as tough to sit through as Raw because the breaks for commercial aren't as long. However, roughly half the show takes place on a screen and there is a general air of nothing mattering. If the tickets can be had for a good price and the arena isn't out of your way it's worth. If you decide not to go you won't feel like you've missed anything, though.

Carnby

It's not as tough to sit through as Raw because the breaks for commercial aren't as long. However, roughly half the show takes place on a screen and there is a general air of nothing mattering. If the tickets can be had for a good price and the arena isn't out of your way it's worth. If you decide not to go you won't feel like you've missed anything, though.

Thanks. I'll pass on the tickets.

Edit: oh wait, isn't Main Event live from the Smackdown taping? That might be fun.

Verendus

Banned
That's kind of ridiculous.

Aren't Raw and Smackdown shows much longer than what's on TV? So you have nothing going on the ring for a couple hours possibly?

It kind of sounds like House Shows are probably for the best, unless you go to some big PPV event or major Raw show where The Rock comes or something.

jred2k

Thanks. I'll pass on the tickets.

Edit: oh wait, isn't Main Event live from the Smackdown taping? That might be fun.

Yeah Main Event tapes first. The Smackdown taping I went to actually had the best match of the night on Main Event. The whole thing is over just shortly before 10 so you can get home at a decent time, at least.

Carnby

Yeah Main Event tapes first. The Smackdown taping I went to actually had the best match of the night on Main Event. The whole thing is over just shortly before 10 so you can get home at a decent time, at least.

BTW, your Lady Gaga joke was hilarious. You nailed it. The original comment from Gaga was so phony. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed.

strobogo

Banned
When you go to Raw, everything that is shown as replays on TV is also shown in the arena. That includes during entrances when they show a quick recap. What you don't realize on TV is that they cut the music and lights out in the arena, mid entrance, and then pop them back on when the video is over. Same thing with entrances before a break. You won't have 2 minutes of a theme playing. Instead, you'll have promotional videos and the wrestler awkwardly standing around in the dark until they come back from break, when they get back into the same pose they were in before the break.

It's actually really awkward and if any kids didn't know something was up, they'd figure it out in a hurry going to a live Raw. You also see camera men running to get into place for run ins or big spots, things like ladders/cinder blocks being set up ahead of time. It's extremely exposing. All the times the announcers sit around and talk about shit, that's dead time for the crowd.

Carnby

When you go to Raw, everything that is shown as replays on TV is also shown in the arena. That includes during entrances when they show a quick recap. What you don't realize on TV is that they cut the music and lights out in the arena, mid entrance, and then pop them back on when the video is over. Same thing with entrances before a break. You won't have 2 minutes of a theme playing. Instead, you'll have promotional videos and the wrestler awkwardly standing around in the dark until they come back from break, when they get back into the same pose they were in before the break.

It's actually really awkward and if any kids didn't know something was up, they'd figure it out in a hurry going to a live Raw. You also see camera men running to get into place for run ins or big spots, things like ladders/cinder blocks being set up ahead of time. It's extremely exposing. All the times the announcers sit around and talk about shit, that's dead time for the crowd.

Oh I know... And this lasts for 5 hours. It's awful.

Verendus

Banned
I thought WWE used to have dark matches in commercials or other periods where there is a fair bit of time away from the ring. Is that not the case anymore? Or have I just made something up in my mind?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What's the word on Carmella's wrestling ability? I hope she's decent so she can further the ascent of Enzo and Big Cass.

Occasionally the wrestlers will use commercial breaks to get heat by cutting regional specific promos. Ours are always "[Calgary Flames/Bret Hart] totally [sucks/rule]". Audience: [boo/cheer/check cell phone]

strobogo

Banned
Oh I know... And this lasts for 5 hours. It's awful.

Really is. Very understandable when the crowds don't react to shit. They're usually bored to death by the end of hour 1. If you get there at the start, you'll get an hour and a half of dark matches/Superstars, then 3 hours of Raw, then 20-30 minutes of post show.

salwIRN.png

Wikipedia said:
Monster (モンスター Monsutā?, sometimes referred to as "Naoki Urasawa's Monster"[citation needed]) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoki Urasawa. It was published by Shogakukan in their Big Comic Original magazine between 1994 and 2001, with the chapters collected and reprinted into 18 tankōbon volumes. The story revolves around Kenzō Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Germany whose life enters turmoil after getting himself involved with Johan Liebert, one of his former patients who is revealed to be a dangerous psychopath.

Top Bottom