• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

eYDaJkA.gif

From tonight's FWE show.

Blue Meanie gained some weight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have the opposite problem where I watched WCW for almost all of my youth and saw very little WWF. I'd be interested in the Network if they basically had 93-97 with all the Raws and PPVs up to 97. No interest in seeing Attitude Era stuff after that point.

Though I would like to see the Smackdown Six era stuff in HD. There's really no point to me in signing up for the WWE Network until they have an actual library instead of this slowly rolling stuff out. The whole appeal isn't like a Netflix rotating schedule. I just want access to everything. Especially a lot of the old WCCW tapes as well with stuff like Brody and Kerry defending the tag titles and Kerry talking about busting dudes faces to pieces and Fritz looking like he beat the shit out of all his kids. I would also like to see all the Worldwides on the network instead of just Nitros because WCW Worldwide was incredibly underrated for some of the matches/talent showcases they had. Short matches, but where else are you gonna see Scott Steiner vs Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero vs Rocco Rock, Sting & Pillman vs Rude & Austin, Sting vs Cactus Jack the first time, The first appearance of Disco Inferno, etc

Alucard

Banned
The crowd seems pretty dead. I guess it's been a pretty long show? And the announce team haven't said anything in over a minute.

Fox318

Last time I was watching wrestling was when smackdown and raw were different brands.I think I stopped after Benoit did what he did.

Also for that first Nitro Bischoff was better than Cole, but I think that had more to do with them being excited about the product.

Alucard

Banned
There's been audio problems all night. And it's been a 3 hour + show with no intermission. They're dead tired.

Easy to see that these guys are pretty dead. Weird considering how good the action in this match was. Not as good as their ROH clash, but that match had a very good crowd to help it a bit.

<3 these teams.

Alucard

Banned
Did a gifcam capture of the crowd at the end before Daniels' speech...

FWE.gif

Yeah.

Anyway, had a fun enough time with the main event.

Zach

I saw them last Sunday for the second time! Opening for Gaslight Anthem. They were good, but the first time I saw them in like May was killerrrr

Yeah, they opened for Gaslight tonight, too. Second time to see Gaslight. AM! was far superior for multiple reasons so it was kind of a bummer watching Gaslight go on after AM! Oooh well.

Yeah, they opened for Gaslight tonight, too. Second time to see Gaslight. AM! was far superior for multiple reasons so it was kind of a bummer watching Gaslight go on after AM! Oooh well.
I enjoyed Gaslight's set but i would've liked it more if they played, like, any of my favs from '59 Sound. Which is like half the album! Still a good time tho.

Anth0ny

JR says he'd be willing to commentate the New Japan show that GFW is presenting if they can work out a deal.

I'd love to see that. Doubt it will happen, though.

Zach

I enjoyed Gaslight's set but i would've liked it more if they played, like, any of my favs from '59 Sound. Which is like half the album! Still a good time tho.

The biggest problem was the sound. Brian Fallon likes to put his mouth right up to the mic and the it was mixed too high or something because at times it was just a wall of tinny sound -- not so hot. And they didn't play "Casanova, Baby!" which sucked. D:

But yeah, it was still a fun show for sure. AM!'s set was too short and Gaslight's set included too much from their most recent, fairly disappointing album (I was expecting big things!), but we still had a good time.

JR says he'd be willing to commentate the New Japan show that GFW is presenting if they can work out a deal.

I'd love to see that. Doubt it will happen, though.

wwe needs him more than ever.

I can't stand the current team.

it's been said a million times in here but they truly are terrible together.

Yeah, kinda out of his element with MMA though.

Him calling the best wrestling on the planet, however...

Meh. It isn't just the actual in-match p-b-p where he's sounding rusty. He hasn't been really hitting the stuff between fights well either.

Even in the dramatic aspects where you'd expect him to excel, he's dropped the ball tonight. Chael did a really good job of putting over the storyline of how rare a one-night tourney is these days, relating his own experience, and how much respect fighters have for someone who wins one. He set Ross up with some good stuff and JR didn't do anything with it.

So apparently Smash 3DS tries to squeeze every little bit out of the old system, long load times, fast draining battery, shuts off after you quit, etc.

The only long loading time is when you first boot it up and that's because it's booting into a lighter version of the firmware that uses less RAM so the game has more to work with. That's why you can't suspend the game and use Miiverse or the Internet Browser. That's also why 3DS reboots when you quit. Kinda neat in my opinion.

Also, I play a lot of 3DS and I don't see the battery draining any faster than usual.

Been watching Monday Night War on the Network and its kinda wrong. WWF was starting to get edgier in 96. Especially post KotR which was before the NWO formation. They keep playing it off that it was 1995 with all the cartoony characters like Doink, Duke the Dumpster and Mantaur. In 96 we were getting much darker and edgier characters like Mankind, Goldust and Stone Cold.

bjork

Been watching Monday Night War on the Network and its kinda wrong. WWF was starting to get edgier in 96. Especially post KotR which was before the NWO formation. They keep playing it off that it was 1995 with all the cartoony characters like Doink, Duke the Dumpster and Mantaur. In 96 we were getting much darker and edgier characters like Mankind, Goldust and Stone Cold.

They definitely attempted to push that direction a little bit. Goldust whipping his tit out on Superstars and it had "razor" inside a heart on it, Mankind the night after WM, etc. They just want to project this idea that attitude era jumped off with DX, but for most people it's Austin's 3:16 promo. To me, it's that Vince promo announcing their tonal shift, but either way, it was interesting to watch it unfold.

I just kinda wonder what would've happened if they had continued with their weirder stories in 91-92. Papa Shango possessing people, snakes biting people, Jake slapping Elizabeth, etc. It's like they wanted to go that way back then, but held off for some reason. Maybe the steroid stuff derailed all that.

They definitely attempted to push that direction a little bit. Goldust whipping his tit out on Superstars and it had "razor" inside a heart on it, Mankind the night after WM, etc. They just want to project this idea that attitude era jumped off with DX, but for most people it's Austin's 3:16 promo. To me, it's that Vince promo announcing their tonal shift, but either way, it was interesting to watch it unfold.

I just kinda wonder what would've happened if they had continued with their weirder stories in 91-92. Papa Shango possessing people, snakes biting people, Jake slapping Elizabeth, etc. It's like they wanted to go that way back then, but held off for some reason. Maybe the steroid stuff derailed all that.

I agree. The real Attitude era happened at KotR with Austins promo, they were no doubt moving in that direction in early 96 but really committed to it in June. It seemed like ever since Diesel turned heel when he lost the title that they slowly started moving in that direction. In some ways Diesel was the first anti hero.

I also wonder what would have happened of Hall and Nash never left. It was obvious that WWF was going in that direction regardless if they left or not

Zach

I agree. The real Attitude era happened at KotR with Austins promo, they were no doubt moving in that direction in early 96 but really committed to it in June. It seemed like ever since Diesel turned heel when he lost the title that they slowly started moving in that direction. In some ways Diesel was the first anti hero.

I also wonder what would have happened of Hall and Nash never left. It was obvious that WWF was going in that direction regardless if they left or not

Oh god. Don't make me think about if Hall and Nash never went over to WCW... Can you imagine Hogan being the perpetual good guy like Cena? Just imagine Hogan fighting the Dungeon of Doom, etc. etc. until, like, 2000... *shudders*

Alucard

Banned
Oh god. Don't make me think about if Hall and Nash never went over to WCW... Can you imagine Hogan being the perpetual good guy like Cena? Just imagine Hogan fighting the Dungeon of Doom, etc. etc. until, like, 2000... *shudders*

SO GOOD, BROTHER.

So, what has had you guys excited about wrestling lately? For me...

-The Lucha Underground trailer looks really promising
-The Cena/Ambrose stuff has actually been good minus Cena being a fucking dweeb and calling him "Mr. Ambrose"
-Seth Rollins' acting ability has taken a turn for the better over the past few weeks
-The usual ROH stuff...Jay Lethal, The Young Bucks, The Addiction, etc.
-EC3 and Rockstar Spud. :(

Top Bottom