• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Vita |OT| Something Odd in your pants

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I want both the PS3 and Vita versions, but before, I'd like to know if I can pass save data across both platforms.

If I can't, I'll stick to Vita!

So, is this game like Red Dead meets Zelda meets Looney Toons? I'm having a hard time assessing the game.

It does look amazing graphically.

@GoldenHelmet
did buy this game, simply because i like your feedbacks here. Not solely money driven, i like! The game didn't click on me last time i played it on the PS3. Will give it a new try on my Vita.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, is this game like Red Dead meets Zelda meets Looney Toons? I'm having a hard time assessing the game.

It does look amazing graphically.
*cough* meets Metal Gear Solid :'D

Don't try to put it in a box, it's a unique Platformer Third-Person Action Adventure Stealth FPS! :)

wwm0nkey

Great to see people go from the PC launch thread to this. Shows that Oddworld is in great hands and that the community finally thinks so now too :)

Also REALLY great job of communicating with all of us for feedback!

KillGore

This should've been a full retail game (not that I'm complaining though :p )

Also, the game looks much more amazing in motion that the screen captures. Love it.

Tizoc

Does the US Vita ver. have a Plus discount? I looked it up on the Vita store and it only shows the regular $15.

Halfmunch

So much good "Oddworld" memories playing through this again! Love it~

except back panel controls, I had to load a save that was before I bought binoculars cause I kept a activating them so much. Hehe

I just can't find a comfortable way to play without pressing the back.

OmegaZero

I'll let you into a little secret, SOME of the early bounties are very VERY easy to get without killing...

Get as close as you can to the bountry, (make sure you are armed with ZappFly on full charge and a Bolamite). Get up close fire a Zappfly then IMMEDIATELY fire a Bolamite. For the split second the dude is being *shocked* you can string him up ;)

Taa daa!

Sweet, I'll have to try this. Thanks for the tip!

Guys,
I'd just like to say thanks for all the awesome support :)

It's a far cry from the raping we got 24 months ago just after we released the PC initial Port of Stranger.

I'm glad some of you stuck with us and stayed the course and have now played and enjoyed our vision of Stranger's Wrath.

So from us...

http://www.jawltd.com/xmas12/

And if you fancy taking a look at our preview cards ;-)

http://www.jawltd.com/xmas11/
http://www.jawltd.com/xmas10/
http://www.jawltd.com/xmas09/
http://www.jawltd.com/xmas08/

Stewart

Thank you for doing such an awesome job on this port.
Especially the native res. I love my native res Vita games.

Those Christmas cards look pretty nice, too.

So how're you guys enjoying the game's story so far?

So far, I like how Stranger is the focus. Finished visiting
the Doc's
office a bit ago, so I'm assuming I'm not that far in but the humor and dialogue are well-done/written, even if some of it comes off as a little amateurish.
Right now, I'm at the
Opple Farm
before the next town.

We've been debating about the rear touch controls, and will likely address this in January for you all ;-)

As well as a little surprise :D

Awesome. Keep it as an option please, but allow us to at least map it to down on the d-pad or something. :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Who wouldn't!? I'm expecting it now :p

There is a gap for Gravity Crash I'm sure, especially at your smarter, reasonable prices - pixel junk shooter never came to vita either and this looks perfectly suited.

It's on EU PSN for PSP, compatible with vita. And it's great

VanWinkle

I sincerely hope this incredible version of the game sells well so JAW will continue to bring their talents to the Vita. Seriously, fantastic job.

Oh, and Gravity Crash would be awesome on Vita.

Oh, and why not provide more options if you indeed work on the framerate and rear touch? Maybe on the patch lock it to 30 max, but have an option to unlock the framerate for people like me who are enjoying the ~45fps in indoor areas, and also have an option to keep melee on rear touch since I (and some others in this thread) enjoy having it there.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So did they ever fix the whole "crashes on boot splash" bug on PC, or am I just effectively fucked out of a game?
PC version has received MAJOR fixes like what, a half year ago? Maybe a bit longer. Don't own it myself, but asfar as I know there aren't any problems anymore :)

skarabrae

Banned
CF68N.jpg

...sweet jesus

JAW are monsters

Finally! A screenshot! I've been looking for another really good game to get on the VITA, and while I HAD Stranger's Wrath a long time ago, this will be the first time I'll actually be able to delve deep into the game. Purchasing right now and kudos to @GoldenHelmet for hanging around and checking out what people say here :D

OmegaZero

The Clakkerz in the second town have
guns
, learned that the hard way when I tried collecting cash.

Finally! A screenshot! I've been looking for a really good FPS on the VITA, and while I HAD Stranger's Wrath a long time ago, this will be the first time I'll actually be able to delve deep into the game. Purchasing right now and kudos to @GoldenHelmet for hanging around and checking out what people say here :D

There's already been several screenshots posted (if you keep up with the Oddworld blog) since last week.
If you want more, then here ya go:

VanWinkle

Finally! A screenshot! I've been looking for another really good game to get on the VITA, and while I HAD Stranger's Wrath a long time ago, this will be the first time I'll actually be able to delve deep into the game. Purchasing right now and kudos to @GoldenHelmet for hanging around and checking out what people say here :D

8285399645_5ca624741f_c.jpg

8286456434_aa2ddcbca7_c.jpg

8285398961_65e90cc550_c.jpg

So much good "Oddworld" memories playing through this again! Love it~

except back panel controls, I had to load a save that was before I bought binoculars cause I kept a activating them so much. Hehe

I just can't find a comfortable way to play without pressing the back.

lol, same thing is happening to me as well. Binoculars randomly going off now, debating on restarting and not buying them.

I'm a huge fan of the classic Oddworld games from the PS1 era, so I naturally jumped on this when I saw it released in the Vita store.

Looks phenomenal, the Vita is really picking up steam for me right now, kudos to the devs!

It's more than just melee? Crap.

I think I'm going to wait for the January patch to play.

Well I don't know how crucial the Binocs are in the later part of the game, so we'll see. I just restarted though and am already back up to where I was. Just didn't buy them.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've never played this game. But I'm gonna buy it cause I like the guy posting here and the graphics look pretty.

OmegaZero

No problems with the binoculars here. The start menu has been popping up randomly though. Only occasionally, but still enough to annoy slightly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
in first person mode I've noticed that I actually I'm taping on/using touchpad more than using the L/R I'm surprised actually (the touch pad actually working fine too).

however tapping the touch screen to go to FP mode still don't feel natural.

and it's not a big deal but I'd like a patch that let me use the stick/d-pad to change the settings/options not just the touch screen, also and Vita horrible speakers really fail again with this game, playing with headphone is the only way to go

in first person mode I've noticed that I actually I'm taping on/using Touchpad more than using the L/R I'm surprised actually (the touch pad actually working fine too).

and t's not a big deal but I'd like a patch that let me use the stick/d-pad to change the settings/options not just the touch screen, also and Vita horrible speakers really fail again with this game, playing with headphone is the only way to go

Is there any game really you like to play on handheld speakers?

Maybe retro stuff, that's about it.

VanWinkle

!

*shakes fist*

Heheh

in first person mode I've noticed that I actually I'm taping on/using touchpad more than using the L/R I'm surprised actually (the touch pad actually working fine too).

and it's not a big deal but I'd like a patch that let me use the stick/d-pad to change the settings/options not just the touch screen, also and Vita horrible speakers really fail again with this game, playing with headphone is the only way to go

Was wondering where you've been Toto. I agree that headphones are essential. But Vita just joins a huge list of mobile devices with bad speakers. Its just that other mobile devices don't have games good enough that its worth using headphones for.

Top Bottom