• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of course Jaffe is complaining about Astro Bot

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

Near perfect game that is fairly easy and he is complaining because he can't beat a moderately easy stage and thus can't get a gold flag. He literally is asking for a participation trophy. The part where he dies is absolutely not an area where 99% of people would die after reaching.

This man is so sad and his obsessions with slightly Sony any chance he gets is beyond tiresome. I know that I'm giving him more views by posting this, but I just had to vent. This man is sad. This is worse than his Metroid Dread commentary. He just isn't good at video games and maybe needs to put down the sticks or maybe smoke less weed, IDK, but this is sad.

T-0800

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
God forbid another human being express a varying opinion that goes against the herd.

Why do people want echo chambers?

Where he dies at the end before giving up was as standard a video game jump as we've ever had in video gaming. You know that, he knows that, we all know that. If anything that gap between enemies is massive and he never really tries to go forward and for some reason jumps to the left. He's definitely high at the moment, so no this isn't just a human expressing a varying opinion, it's nonsense.

Last edited:

Puscifer

man that sounds really wrong out of context
There is no context to make this sound better: He literally said that he saw "some kid with a red slushy with a special flavor that he tried for years to get Sony to do with 7/11 and they said no. So I saw this kid with a God of war 3 special cherry flavor and I chased after him"

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Where he dies at the end before giving up was a standard a video game jump as we've ever had in video gaming. You know that, he knows that, we all know that. If anything that gap between enemies is massive and he never really tries to go forward and for some reason jumps to the left. He's definitely high at the moment, so no this isn't just a human expressing a varying opinion, it's nonsense.
I'm sure tons of people will die at the jump he died at. Most of them won't be trying to talk to the audience either.

His opinion on the game is just as valid as anyone elses. Stop trying to deify a piece of software my guy.

Vick

Gold Member
Footage of him playing is so damn hard to watch..

denzel washington cringe GIF

Not sure even Difficulty Settings could help him with later challenges.

Wild thought, buy maybe if you suck at the game simply don't venture into challenges made for different kind of players, before asking to spoil the fun for everyone?

Kudos to Team Asobi for making earning the Platinum truly satisfying for once, and something to actually be "proud" of, from a gaming perspective, by requiring a true 100% completion.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Footage of him playing is so damn hard to watch..

denzel washington cringe GIF

Not sure even Difficulty Settings could help him with later challenges.

Wild thought, buy maybe if you suck at the game simply don't venture into challenges made for different kind of players, before asking to spoil the fun for everyone?

Kudos to Team Asobi for making earning the Platinum truly satisfying for once, and something to actually be "proud" of, from a gaming perspective, by requiring a true 100% completion.

He wants a slow down mode... Honestly, I think he is just high/fried...

He feels like the challenges should be more clearly deliniated even though it was pretty clear.

Triangle, super short, more difficult.... sounds like a classic challenge stage. This was a love letter to gaming and classic gaming at that. It's something that all ages can do and hopefully brings back some classic game design.

He needed to jump to the hoop to the left so his jump could align properly.

But it is a hectic level. So I can see people unable to see that immediately and can get annoying.

Also, whats the issue with him complaining about Metroid Dread? If anything, all these little details he catches better cause he has made games.

JFC that was a tough watch. I don't even care if he's not good at the game, everyone has different skills levels and what not but his points were so fucking stupid. There is probably an example somewhere out there but don't most platformers not have a difficulty setting? What could you possibly even change outside of the entire level design. He's also bitching about an optional level and recognizes that but wants to 'collect'. Wouldn't you at that point want to master the game? At least to a certain extent?

On top of that, he said he would prefer to go back to WuKong of all games because Astro bot is too difficult. Like when the hell are we doing here lol.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
He needed to jump to the hoop to the left so his jump could align properly.

But it is a hectic level. So I can see people unable to see that immediately and can get annoying.

Also, whats the issue with him complaining about Metroid Dread? If anything, all these little details he catches better cause he has made games.

He fucks with his camera angles in ways that make the game harder for him. Where he jumped from was appropriate, he just had a bad camera angle and struggles with 3d platforming.

He doesn't understand fundamental design, which makes me wonder about his involvement in the design of God of War 1+2.

God of War takes a lot from the design concepts that Metroid laid out. God of War is very much a Metroidvania. For him to struggle with Metroid Dread is alarming.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Metroid Dread was my GOTY and I dont think I got upset about his video. Its a guy talking about his subjective opinion on a game. Do you really need to enforce conformity this badly? Is he not allowed to say how he feels about the game? I honestly don't get it. Its like people ACTUALLY don't understand that people can have different opinions.

He fucks with his camera angles in ways that make the game harder for him. Where he jumped from was appropriate, he just had a bad camera angle and struggles with 3d platforming.

He doesn't understand fundamental design, which makes me wonder about his involvement in the design of God of War 1+2.

God of War takes a lot from the design concepts that Metroid laid out. God of War is very much a Metroidvania. For him to struggle with Metroid Dread is alarming.
You sure about that?

Astro bot is going left and right and has to make a jump at 90 degree of his momentum.

If he jumps to hoop on left his momentum and jump direction will be the same.

NGL haven’t seen anyone make obstacle like this myself.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
You sure about that?

Astro bot is going left and right and has to make a jump at 90 degree of his momentum.

If he jumps to hoop on left his momentum and jump direction will be the same.

NGL haven’t seen anyone make obstacle like this myself.

Astro going left and right is an illusion. It doesn't matter. What matters is timing the jump when there is a gap. There is no time limit here. You can just wait for the perfect opportunity to jump.

Vick

Gold Member
God forbid another human being express a varying opinion that goes against the herd.

Why do people want echo chambers?
Do you really need to enforce conformity this badly? Is he not allowed to say how he feels about the game? I honestly don't get it. Its like people ACTUALLY don't understand that people can have different opinions.
This hilarious line of thinking is flawed and often bordering on being moronic, as very obviously some opinions can be objectively wrong, uninformed, and only serve to pollute the discourse.

Adding Difficulty Settings to Astro Bot would make the game worse.
Not sure how this even needs to be said, as it would obviously pose unnecessary challenges for Team Asobi, including potentially having to redesign or scrap certain portions entirely. Not to mention the time wasted not only creating those difficulties but also testing them which is borderline impossible for a game like this.
Even suggesting the game is too hard, with the possible ramifications this could have, is bad.

Not much different than a mentally challenged person asking Warner Bros to make a more readable cut of 2001 with added narration explaining its meaning, or shit of this nature.

Not surprising neither of you actually played the game and yet are here championing for his dumbass request.

R6Rider

Gold Member
LMAO I watched the bit where he failed. That level is more difficult than the rest but holy shit that was funny.

Top Bottom