• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DiddyBop said:
i was just taking a look at them as i signed into the league,they are pretty underrated,not as bad as denog made them out to be. overall rating of 78 is a lot better than the kings,bucks,clippers,bulls,etc. solid pg and back up pg, and if i didnt have oneal i would be trying to trade for okafor right away,ppl forget about that guy. i kinda like this team:lol. but they dont match up against teams like the lakers,celtics, or even the mavericks. smokey's push for the playoffs will be one i will be watching closely.
I won a few games with the Boobs legitimately. But compared to the shooting displays I saw put on, they suck. They may have also gotten a boost recently since they are playing pretty good ball of late. Not taking anything against the champ commish, just sayin'.

Smokey

League name: GAF Season 7
password: destiny

If you didn't get an invite directly from me you'll need to type in our league name in 2K9 (b/c it's a private league)

DIVISIONS FOR SEASON 7

Black Conference

Socom
Bobcats
Mavericks
Cavaliers
Pistons

Killzone
Nets
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets

God of War
Suns
Bulls
Pacers

White Conference

Gears
Grizzlies
Hawks
Wolves
Heat

Halo
Spurs
Celtics
Hornets
Raptors

Fable
Magic
Jazz
Bucks

Discuss.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
Gears division wtf :lol

so much potential for amazing things in that division.

Did anything get decided about PIP?

I'm thinking of leaving it at 50. I was browsing other leagues earlier and most of them had the same rule in place for PIP. Some had their limit a bit higher , but had a similar rule. I think it's something that pretty much everybody in the league is used to. Also, it would suck after a hard fought game to divide your total points by 2 and see that 55% of your points came from PIP. With a static number...you know the limit the entire game.

The game does take into account the division LEADERS when it comes to to playoffs (home court advantage). But I'll be posting the overall standing list after every week so all teams know where they stand in the playoff picture.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cerrius said:
So good...

Al Richardson is waiting for you bob

If bob has any self respect we'll take 40 shots with Beasley every game he plays against you

AirBrian

Smokey said:
so much potential for amazing things in that division.

I'm thinking of leaving it at 50. I was browsing other leagues earlier and most of them had the same rule in place for PIP. Some had their limit a bit higher , but had a similar rule. I think it's something that pretty much everybody in the league is used to. Also, it would suck after a hard fought game to divide your total points by 2 and see that 55% of your points came from PIP. With a static number...you know the limit the entire game.

The game does take into account the division LEADERS when it comes to to playoffs (home court advantage). But I'll be posting the overall standing list after every week so all teams know where they stand in the playoff picture.
Sounds good.

ecnal

Smokey said:

this is probably best. perhaps we could add some caveats to it as well.

i think we had the +10 PIP if a game went into OT, but there should also be something for high scoring games...

if player X scores 120 points but he scores 60 in the paint, should player Y be auto awarded the win if it wasn't even a close game--final score of something like 120 to 100?

something like total points - PIP differential (actual PIP - 50) = true score or something. so for the aforementioned game, player X would still win because the 10 point PIP differential isn't substantial enough to sway the game.

i dunno, something in that nature because high scoring games are really the only reason to implement a dynamic pip %, so if there were a caveat that addressed this issue there would be no reason to be upset with a static pip. just my 2 cents :)

AirBrian

Is an OT period 5:00 in the league?

If 50 PIP is the limit for a 32:00 game, then 10 extra PIP per OT period is about right IMO. Technically it's ~8, but 10 is a nice round number (what's one extra basket anyway).

Smokey

OT is 3 minutes I believe.

So in OT we'll allow an extra 10 pts like last season.

We'll see how it goes. It was fine last season except for like...2 games and there were plenty of high scoring games.

And to make it simpler we'll just go by the PIP category listed in the team category screen. Same as website. Whatever that category says is your PIP then that's what it is.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what if there is a game where both parties go over 50 PIP?

p.s. so we're no longer deducting 2nd chance points?

Corect. Just go by whatever it says in the PIP section at the end of the game. When you look on the website 2nd chance points aren't listed, which made it hard to determine how many PIP somebody really had.

And there hasn't been a game that I can remember where both teams went over the limit. But if it did happen I'd just reset the game and coin flip it.

smokey did you ever thinking about turning blocks down? i played the lakers with those sliders you have and i was getting rejected by sissy buyachich on spot ups :lol

Mrbob

What about 50 points in the paint up to 100 points, and then 50 percent total after. As in, you can have a game where you score 114 points, but no more than 57 can be in the paint.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
What about 50 points in the paint up to 100 points, and then 50 percent total after. As in, you can have a game where you score 114 points, but no more than 57 can be in the paint.
This is perfect! Add 8 points to the total in OT if you're at or over, if not you're good.

DCX

CB3

i wanna scrimmage but its pointless since Melo is injured online. and no point in practicing with some players that i have already agreed to trade.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
i wanna scrimmage but its pointless since Melo is injured online. and no point in practicing with some players that i have already agreed to trade.
same...i played Smokey last night and felt awkward due to not knowing the players i haven't been using ever since we made our trade ( Ive been using them on a franchise i created just to learn my real team )

DCX

daw840

Wait a second. So basically you're saying that you can't just put back an offensive rebound? You would have to kick it out and shoot again? That's just taking more PIP away, I will say I really disagree with not subtracting the 2nd chance points.

daw840 said:
Wait a second. So basically you're saying that you can't just put back an offensive rebound? You would have to kick it out and shoot again? That's just taking more PIP away, I will say I really disagree with not subtracting the 2nd chance points.
agreed. with offensive rebounding being drastically reduced, it might not be that much of an issue, so therefore, less opportunity for put-backs. i say 2nd chance points stays.

Smokey

daw840 said:

You can do whatever you want...as long as you don't cross the 50 PIP limit. I don't know if they are included in the total PIP or what. When you look at the website they aren't even listed. So to keep it simple, we'll just go by what the PIP category says. When there's a dispute or I get a PM all I have to do is look at the team stats and PIP category and call it a day.

Mrbob said:

You sir deserve an award. I think that may work.
CB3 said:
not subtracting 2nd chance points is kinda sketchy. i dont think i follow with that

Yeah but I don't think 2nd chance points necessairly mean points in the paint.

CB3

not subtracting 2nd chance points is kinda sketchy. i dont think i follow with that

Imagine if someone made 5 threes off offensive rebounds. Under the old rules, they just subtracted 15 points from their actual PIP.

With the new rule, this won't happen. And we also don't have to take pictures after our game to prove we had however many second chance points since the website does not track second chance.

I saw the stat line from the Lakers/Wizards game last night. LA scored 72 points in the first half, had 16 layups. They had 32 points in the paint at half

For us, with 8 min quarters. I still think 50 pts in the paint is a good number even without subtracting second chance.

Barrage

Hey 2KGAF. I was hoping to get into the League this season, and not go through the cheese factory that is random matches, but because A) I just got access to Live again today, and B) it would make the number of teams odd, I guess i'm out of luck. If anyone wants to drop out/ a 23rd guy wants to join and you need a 24th, i'm available.

If anyone wants to play, i'm using my buddy's Live Tag currently. LiveTag is ACTUAL TAL. I'm hoping to get some games in this weekend.

daw840

Smokey said:
You can do whatever you want...as long as you don't cross the 50 PIP limit. I don't know if they are included in the total PIP or what. When you look at the website they aren't even listed. So to keep it simple, we'll just go by what the PIP category says. When there's a dispute or I get a PM all I have to do is look at the team stats and PIP category and call it a day.

You sir deserve an award. I think that may work.

Yeah but I don't think 2nd chance points necessairly mean points in the paint.

My problem is that put back points count as points in the paint if they are just put back by your center/pf or whoever. I NEVER kick the ball out if I get a rebound right under the hoop. I just try to put it back in the bucket.

Smokey

Barrage said:
Hey 2KGAF. I was hoping to get into the League this season, and not go through the cheese factory that is random matches, but because A) I just got access to Live again today, and B) it would make the number of teams odd, I guess i'm out of luck. If anyone wants to drop out/ a 23rd guy wants to join and you need a 24th, i'm available.

If anyone wants to play, i'm using my buddy's Live Tag currently. LiveTag is ACTUAL TAL. I'm hoping to get some games in this weekend.

Yeah you're about a day late as I created the league yesterday and can't change the number of teams. But I'll keep in contact w/ you if somebody drops.

Hunter D

Smokey said:
League name: GAF Season 7
password: destiny

If you didn't get an invite directly from me you'll need to type in our league name in 2K9 (b/c it's a private league)

DIVISIONS FOR SEASON 7

Black Conference

Socom
Bobcats
Mavericks
Cavaliers
Pistons

Killzone
Nets
Lakers
Blazers
Nuggets

God of War
Suns
Bulls
Pacers

White Conference

Gears
Grizzlies
Hawks
Wolves
Heat

Halo
Spurs
Celtics
Hornets
Raptors

Fable
Magic
Jazz
Bucks

Discuss.
Really my man. You put me in the league with the blazers, lakers, and nuggets?

Barrage

Smokey said:
Yeah you're about a day late as I created the league yesterday and can't change the number of teams. But I'll keep in contact w/ you if somebody drops.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I dunno, I had just played a guy whoo had Kobe score 68 on 43 shots and 24 3's. So maybe I just like the concept of a cheese-free league. :(

DCX

DCX
Barrage said:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I dunno, I had just played a guy whoo had Kobe score 68 on 43 shots and 24 3's. So maybe I just like the concept of a cheese-free league. :(
...ummm Beasley scored 71 in our league...:lol :lol :lol

DCX

CB3

its hillarious when i meet people online who play as the lakers. the ones that just drive to the hoop every possession with kobe. Throw a zone D at them and its like they dont know what the fuck just happened :lol

Top Bottom