• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

barrage you can have the jazz.

like i said dudes, i just want to be able to start practicing! so my teams now look like this:

1. celtics
2. sixers
3. hornets

i think these teams should already be done and done:

1. smokey - rockets
2. pheeniks - heat
3. konex - lakers (if he plays)
4. truelize - cavs

i don't know of anyone else that is a hardcore fan of the teams so my apologies if you are, but thats the way i see it!

I'm a pretty big Pistons fan. Not completely sure that I want to commit to another season right now, but I will probably end up being in.

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. smokey - rockets
2. pheeniks - heat
4. truelize - cavs

i don't know of anyone else that is a hardcore fan of the teams so my apologies if you are, but thats the way i see it!

why are some people locked into teams, and not others?

if we're going to do the "x player gets x team because they're a fan", then i want the right to play konex (and anyone else) for the lakers--this should also be true for all other "obvious" team locks.

otherwise, just keep team selection to how it was this season.

just my .02

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
barrage you can have the jazz.

like i said dudes, i just want to be able to start practicing! so my teams now look like this:

1. celtics
2. sixers
3. hornets

i think these teams should already be done and done:

1. smokey - rockets
2. pheeniks - heat
4. truelize - cavs

From the previous page...

Birdman02 said:
Also, on the subject of next season, as the only actual Mavs fan in the league (outside of AirBrian's NBA bigamy), I think I should have dibs on them.

Good series True. I'm kind of surpised I pulled it out after going down 3-1. The only thing I did different was turn my crash boards slider waaaayyy down to try to take away your fast break, and I tweaked my lineup a little bit to keep Ilgauskas out of the paint my offensive end (it's nice having a big that can hit the outside jumper).

Smokey, I'll be staying at my parents house the next few days, so my grandfather's not home alone. I'm not sure about their internet connection, but I guess we can try to start our series this weekend.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Good series True. I'm kind of surpised I pulled it out after going down 3-1. The only thing I did different was turn my crash boards slider waaaayyy down to try to take away your fast break, and I tweaked my lineup a little bit to keep Ilgauskas out of the paint my offensive end (it's nice having a big that can hit the outside jumper).

I think the lineup change is what killed me. At least last night it did. Big Z has some pretty horrible defensive awareness so he didn't match up well with Murphy at all. But really when you shoot 60% each game I'm not gonna stop you. My entire game feeds off of steals and fastbreaks off of missed shots. You made the adjustments that made the difference. I didn't. It was a great series. I would have liked to close it out of course but oh well. You lose some. You lose some.

And on that note:

Cavs are available.

I'm done with this game. I struggle with too many things with it. I'm not going to list them. We all know the issues it has. But the game doesn't work great for someone like myself that plays as sim as I can (in my mind at least).

I'm super busy with work and life and I have better things to do then to get frustrated playing 2K9.

I'll still troll the thread so please don't turn this into a hate on Truelize session. I enjoyed a lot of this season though. It was a lot of fun. Even you Cerrius. Our thread battle was hilarious, I was really hoping to have a dramatic playoff battle but it wasn't to be.

Lates....................

Smokey

Oh wow nice comeback Birdman. All it took was an adjustment on your part, and it changed the series.

I will advance the playoffs probably in the next 30 minutes or so. Fewer players left, so we should be able to finish quicker. I'll set deadline at next Thursday the 2nd. We'll advance on that day or whenever everybody is finished whatever comes first.

And True are you taking yourself out of next season? I think you're just (understandably) upset right now.

I'll get back at you in a few days.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No I'm pretty sure I'm done. I mean I enjoy the games that go well.

But too many times I have played games where it doesn't seem that what I'm doing with my controller has any significant influence on what I'm watching on the screen.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
oooo...i nominate myself to take true's spot as an admin!

edit: true! dont go man! think it over! cool off a bit.
I should be an admin...true statement.

Fuck Faraday

don't know yet CB, smokey just said to post your top 3 and if no one else has interest in your #1 then why not?

i think i'll roll with the sixers (if available). i like their team, the real AI is awesome!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As the only Laker fan in this league, i want the lakers.

Konex is faker than FMT's girlfriends tits

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't know yet CB, smokey just said to post your top 3 and if no one else has interest in your #1 then why not?

i think i'll roll with the sixers (if available). i like their team, the real AI is awesome!

wanna play in a bit

CB3

viakado said:
i've been a longer laker fan than you, son.

just to reiterate my top 3.

magic
lakers
detroit

Regardless, your just gonna fire sale your team and give up when the trade deadline hits anyway

yeah gg, i dont know wtf was going on. i was airballing shit, missing open shots, missing layups, FT's, etc. didn't feel like there was much lag and i shot 50% with the sixers the game before :/

i nominate michael beasley for most overrated videogame player of all time. you might post a youtube link of tecmo bowl with bo jackson running circles around people, but bo jackson was actually pretty good. so while he is overrated, its ok. who the F is michael beasley in real life?! 13 ppg thats who! but he gets his rape on in this game with (cerrius) or without (pheeniks) the animation stuff!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah gg, i dont know wtf was going on. i was airballing shit, missing open shots, missing layups, FT's, etc. didn't feel like there was much lag and i shot 50% with the sixers the game before :/

i nominate michael beasley for most overrated videogame player of all time. you might post a youtube link of tecmo bowl with bo jackson running circles around people, but bo jackson was actually pretty good. so while he is overrated, its ok. who the F is michael beasley in real life?! 13 ppg thats who! but he gets his rape on in this game with (cerrius) or without (pheeniks) the animation stuff!

i see what you did!

yeah, beasley pick and pop with luther head is so amazing

also, i wonder if they put ANY THOUGHT into top 3 plays. it was dalembert dunking, wade and beasley making jumpers :lol

why bother with the pick and pop? there is really nothing you can do about beasley except hope for a miss. if he posts you up its going to be a fade away swish, open shot swish, contested shot swish, screen swish. i suppose if you block him the shot MIGHT not go in, but who can say!

and i wasn't saying your defense is crappy or anything, but come on brah 35%?! i know im not great but i missed a lot of shots that might have gone in were we part of an alternate reality. i still would have lost unless beasley and wade both got hurt though!

and beasley IS amazing. there's a reason his nickname is buckets

its just our dumbass coach who never plays him because his defense isn't that great

CB3

ph33nix said:
and beasley IS amazing. there's a reason his nickname is buckets

its just our dumbass coach who never plays him because his defense isn't that great

Miami DOES have a knack for getting nicknames right.

Dwayne "Wheelchair" Wade

also if anyone wants to play a game in about 45 mins ill be around. still testing out teams.... you'll be playing against the celtics though!

p.s. i also forgot to state that CB3 should get the lakers. forgot he hasn't had them yet this year which is BS since he is a bigger laker fan than konex (who loves kobe)

if last night was the truth to you then i'm sorry fmt. because the bulls are not better than the heat

i'd be quite happy to show you that again!

CB3

Fuck Nash

That shot at the last game where you were winding down the clock and took like a 38 footer to avoid the shot clock violation and drained it was the most BS Shit ive seen in my life:lol :lol :lol

I literally just dropped the controller on the floor and walked away

DMczaf

CB3 said:
Fuck Nash

That shot at the last game where you were winding down the clock and took like a 38 footer to avoid the shot clock violation and drained it was the most BS Shit ive seen in my life:lol :lol :lol

I literally just dropped the controller on the floor and walked away

I didn't even shoot the ball right, I just quickly pressed the shoot button to get it off my hands :lol

Top Bottom