• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
fuck no..won't be a draft as long as I have a say in the league. Too much of a clusterfuck hell we have enough problems as it is w/ regular teams sometimes...

and i'm a fan of the rox the rest of you posers are not. i picked bobcats to only prove a point , but i'm goin' back to tracy lamar after this season...

that is..if we ever finish because true and birdman seem to want to take their sweet time making 2k love:lol

I'm sorry guys. I'm sure Birdman is too. I worked a good 50+ hours this week and then was outta town Saturday because my nephew was playing in the provincial finals for high school basketball. They won! Awesome game. Awesome awesome game.
I was around today but then Birdman had company. We will do our best to get some games in tomorrow night and be done by Tuesday evening.

Promise.

Smokey said:
fuck no..won't be a draft as long as I have a say in the league. Too much of a clusterfuck hell we have enough problems as it is w/ regular teams sometimes...

and i'm a fan of the rox the rest of you posers are not. i picked bobcats to only prove a point , but i'm goin' back to tracy lamar after this season...

that is..if we ever finish because true and birdman seem to want to take their sweet time making 2k love:lol
i aint trying to be a dick or anything, but we all understood why you pick the 'cats. and we admire the gesture you gave, and it was well respected what you did, but you also gave up that right to have the rocks. why do you have dibs on the rocks if someone else has a legitmate right to pick them before you.
with that said, i'll try my best to give you macy mcgracy in the best possible 3 way deal. :p

Smokey

viakamadenko said:
i aint trying to be a dick

impossible.

same reason why malley was able to get the jazz despite not being in the league the prior season, and others wanting the team as well.....

Smokey

viakado said:
:lol
but noone wanted the jazz. :/

yes...people did. but b/c malley was a fan of the team everybody said ok.

now...same situation but w/ me. you're a lakers fan why don't you pick those scrubs.

i took the bobcats ffs.

none of you selfish pricks wanted to deal w/ me when it came time to trade...just b/c they're the :lol cats. you all looked at my roster and go :lol :lol :lol sorry you don't have anybody.

f u.

i ain't goin' through that again w/ another average team.

i'm coming back to htown.

viakado said:
if i pick the lakers, im gonna end up trading kome. i know it.:lol
how bout this, i pick the rox and i'll give you dibs on glassman.

why do you want the rox?

for yao? you had al jefferson..who is rated better than yao in the game..and failed in classic madenko style..so what makes you think you can accomplish something w/ the great wall?

Smokey said:
why do you want the rox?

for yao? you had al jefferson..who is rated better than yao in the game..and failed in classic madenko style..so what makes you think you can accomplish something w/ the great wall?
exactly, the great wall is sex. <3

AirBrian

viakado said:
im willing to play dirty with a 3year old lung.
2770997084_TV_CHRIS_HANSENx.jpg

Barrage

I miss GAFsketball so much right now.

Do you now how many times I've played the Lakers in quickmatch? Do you now how many game i've had where teams have had 90% PIP? I'm cracking up!

Don't really care how we pick (although I would prefer draft for the nice, juicy pick it would bring to me) . At least this year i'll have an actual team, not a raped carcass Vidakado left in an alley

Barrage said:
I miss GAFsketball so much right now.

Do you now how many times I've played the Lakers in quickmatch? Do you now how many game i've had where teams have had 90% PIP? I'm cracking up!

Don't really care how we pick (although I would prefer draft for the nice, juicy pick it would bring to me) . At least this year i'll have an actual team, not a raped carcass Vidakado left in an alley
i gift wrapped you JJ.
your fucking welcome.

Birdman02

True, I should be able to play in the next 20-30 minutes. Just gotta put my son to bed. I hope you're around soon, so we can get a few games done tonight.

smokey should have the rockets, pheeniks should have the heat, konex should have the lakers, and blackace should have the blazers :D

the rest of the teams should be up for grabs in some type of manner!

p.s. i would have taken the jazz last year if malley weren't playing, but people ahead of me would have as well

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey should have the rockets, pheeniks should have the heat, konex should have the lakers, and blackace should have the blazers :D

the rest of the teams should be up for grabs in some type of manner!

The rest? Really? The Cavs are mine if I'm playing. I've finally gotten used to how they play this season. I don't have the skills to learn a new team.

yes, you with the cavs (you trade me lebron)

what i mean is that if someone is a true hardcore fan of a team, they should get that team.

and being that i have been a die hard celtics fan since the age of 5 i think we closed the case on this mystery scooby

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, you with the cavs (you trade me lebron)

what i mean is that if someone is a true hardcore fan of a team, they should get that team.

and being that i have been a die hard celtics fan since the age of 5 i think we closed the case on this mystery scooby

I didn't know you were a Celtics fan. What you are doing cheering for the Celtics when you live in California?

So Birdman and I played 3 games tonight. I won all 3 and he bailed offline without saying bye or anything so I don't know when we are playing next right now. Sorry guys.

Birdman02

Good games tonight, True. I think you were extremely lucky that 2k showed the PIP stats right after your 14th straight PIP in the 4th. LeBron is just too much in this game....just about every one of my missed shots (whether lay-up or 3) lead to a fast break opportunity for you. And no one can say it's because I was taking bad shots considering I shot 54% in that game.

Truelize said:
I didn't know you were a Celtics fan. What you are doing cheering for the Celtics when you live in California?

lol i was jk. i grew up a bulls fan thanks to mike J. but i wouldn't say i'm a diehard like some of you guys. i only want the celtics because i want to compete, but i would take the bulls too :D

p.s. suck it down DM!

Birdman02

Also, I know you said you weren't going to be around tomorrow night because of work, so I guess we'll have to finish Wednesday, maybe Thursday. Sorry guys.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i was jk. i grew up a bulls fan thanks to mike J. but i wouldn't say i'm a diehard like some of you guys. i only want the celtics because i want to compete, but i would take the bulls too :D

p.s. suck it down DM!
*ahem*

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Also, I know you said you weren't going to be around tomorrow night because of work, so I guess we'll have to finish Wednesday, maybe Thursday. Sorry guys.

Well I'm home at 10:30 mountain time. I can play then.

I've had a lot of fun in this series. Sure I'm ahead now and that always helps but it's been a cool matchup.

And I agree I totally lucked out with the PIP announcement on the screen there. But I was even more lucky that you only scored once more after that. Sometimes my team just turns into a big swarm of wasps just attacking the ball. I have won several games this year in the last minute because Ben, Hughes and Bron are just everywhere.

And to me it seems that about every missed shot from about mid 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter lead to fastbreaks for me. It does depend on how fresh my guys are of course, but if you take a shot with Granger, Bron is already on the run. In the 4th there during my run it was all three of my backcourt players tearing up the court. Saved my life that game.

Who is Alexander on your team? Is he a created player with 99 dunk rating or something? That guy freakin assaults me every game. It's ridiculous.

Top Bottom