• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Birdman02

Truelize said:
Who is Alexander on your team? Is he a created player with 99 dunk rating or something? That guy freakin assaults me every game. It's ridiculous.

Joe Alexander, rookie out of West Virginia. I'm pretty sure his dunk rating is actually 99. The guy is a crazy athlete, and I think he was in consideration for the dunk contest this year. If I could consistently hit a jumper with him, he'd be pretty much unguardable. Unfortunately, he can go through some really, really cold spells anywhere outside of 5 ft.

Hmm, 10:30 mountain...I might be able to play then. Shoot me a message on xbl if I'm online when you get home tomorrow night. If not, how's Wednesday evening for you?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Birdman02 said:
Joe Alexander, rookie out of West Virginia. I'm pretty sure his dunk rating is actually 99. The guy is a crazy athlete, and I think he was in consideration for the dunk contest this year. If I could consistently hit a jumper with him, he'd be pretty much unguardable. Unfortunately, he can go through some really, really cold spells anywhere outside of 5 ft.

Hmm, 10:30 mountain...I might be able to play then. Shoot me a message on xbl if I'm online when you get home tomorrow night. If not, how's Wednesday evening for you?

Wednesday will be fine, that's easy. I was just shooting for tomorrow because Smokey was hoping to be moving the league to the second round on Tuesday.
I'll message you as soon as I get home. I'm sure we can at least play one.

And Joe Alexander is a beast. Ben Wallace might not be what he used to be but he can stick with most guys, he gets run on by Alexander the created player.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I changed my schedule today (I decided I wasn't going to work, need a day to rest) so I will be here and available to play.

Birdman hit me on live as soon as you can play. I've got ball tonight so I wont be home from 10:30 est to about 12:00 est. I'm sure we can get done before that though.

Smokey

Truelize said:
I changed my schedule today (I decided I wasn't going to work, need a day to rest) so I will be here and available to play.

Birdman hit me on live as soon as you can play. I've got ball tonight so I wont be home from 10:30 est to about 12:00 est. I'm sure we can get done before that though.

Must be nice.

and wtf why do you play so late?

smokey is there a slider to turn up foul calls in the paint? i feel that is sorely needed. i understand the refs "letting you play", but sometimes i go an entire game shooting no fouls or maybe a couple.

i guess there have been times where i have shot 20+, but those games are maybe twice a season

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey is there a slider to turn up foul calls in the paint? i feel that is sorely needed. i understand the refs "letting you play", but sometimes i go an entire game shooting no fouls or maybe a couple.

i guess there have been times where i have shot 20+, but those games are maybe twice a season

no, doesn't look like it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
Must be nice.

and wtf why do you play so late?

I'm mountain time. That's not late for me. But I find that most people don't know the conversion of EST to Mountain. So I just lay it down simple like.

lol sorry smokester, only time for 1 game :/

gg i couldn't stop yao! that was my first time playing with the jazz and i just dont have their shots down yet. that's why i would like to pick my team fairly soon so i can start practicing!

boozers shoot is weird, korvers shot is weird.... basically everyones is a lot different than the mavs :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have to leave in 45 minutes and there is no sign of Birdman. Ugh.

Hopefully he is home when I get back from my game.

when we start a season do real life injuries carry over?

for instance, if i picked the sixers would i have elton brand? when smokey picks the rockets will he have tmac?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
when we start a season do real life injuries carry over?

for instance, if i picked the sixers would i have elton brand? when smokey picks the rockets will he have tmac?

They will be on the inactive list but you can go in and activate them. No stat decreases from the injury or anything either.

Birdman02

Truelize said:
I have to leave in 45 minutes and there is no sign of Birdman. Ugh.

Hopefully he is home when I get back from my game.

Sorry, man. I had to take care of a sick wife and kid tonight. I'll be on until at least 2 est, so msg me when you get home. I'm set to show offline, but I'll be around.

Smokey

DMczaf said:
First round of these playoffs are almost as long as the NBA's

well true did try and get in touch w/ birdman. just a case of 2 different schedules.

but I'll give until tomorrow. that'll make a week and a half, but then we gotta roll.

Why is Chris Paul getting buckets with three point shots online, with a rating of only 81.

I understand getting a perfect release on a shot, but c'mon now. Smh. This dude just hit 12.

when you're hot you're hot!

also smokey is there any possibility i can get a guarantee on one of the teams i want? sixers, jazz, or celtics?

i dont want special treatment, but i need a lot of practice. i was playing games today and i just dont know anyones release yet. plus i dont think there are any hardcore fans of those teams that would be playing next season!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

also smokey is there any possibility i can get a guarantee on one of the teams i want? sixers, jazz, or celtics?

i dont want special treatment, but i need a lot of practice. i was playing games today and i just dont know anyones release yet. plus i dont think there are any hardcore fans of those teams that would be playing next season!
:lol if your asking for special treatment, everyone's gonna want it. i want the rox!

lol smokey is getting the rockets, accept it!

plus im going to be working on an actual schedule for next season so we have an accurate # of home and away games and play a more realistic schedule! i should get SOME preference on a team if we aren't going by the draft and i'm not taking someone diehards team that is playing in the next season!

p.s. i guess my point in posting that is to see if anyone else has interest in those teams. doesn't have to be one of those 3, but i'd really like to start practicing with my new team :/

Birdman02

Good games tonight, True. Sorry, guys, but we still got one more to play. I really hope you guys don't sim it. I would have no chance in a simmed game, considering I lose the ratings battle at every single position...I think.

Also, on the subject of next season, as the only actual Mavs fan in the league (outside of AirBrian's NBA bigamy), I think I should have dibs on them.

I've really got no hope with Memphis vs the top 4 teams in the league. The ratings disparity is crazy. But in a good way. Visual Concepts and Rob Jones really came on point with AI this year.

I still say that you need to be penalized for not playing on ball D in human vs. human games. But I've got no clue how that would translate to coding.

If you play the Magic, Dwight is too much of a defensive beast. Then to have a AI controlled Pietrus glued to you.:lol It's interesting.

Oh, those down then up moves vs. better rated defensive players in the post have to go. Humans dont swivel their bodies like that. Why is it in a simulation? o_O

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Good games tonight, True. Sorry, guys, but we still got one more to play. I really hope you guys don't sim it. I would have no chance in a simmed game, considering I lose the ratings battle at every single position...I think.

Also, on the subject of next season, as the only actual Mavs fan in the league (outside of AirBrian's NBA bigamy), I think I should have dibs on them.

Series tied at 3-3.

Well I don't want to sim that, do you think you guys can in any way play tonight?

DCX said:
If we are going with fav teams, i guess i can roll with the Knicks again.

DCX

You sure? It seemed like you almost wanted to throw this game out the window when you played with them in previous seasons:lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:

How about you guys list the top 3 teams that you want. And we'll go from there. That way we can compare your choices to others.

Smokey

1. Rockets ( i dont even know why viakamadenko has them listed)
2. Bobcats
3. Suns

--

Birdman/True are you guys going to play your last game tonight...?

DiddyBop

i didnt read all the posts so i have no idea why we are picking team right now,but i will go ahead and list them anyways.

1.Warriors
2.Clippers

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
i didnt read all the posts so i have no idea why we are picking team right now,but i will go ahead and list them anyways.

1.Warriors
2.Clippers

not picking, just seeing who is interested in what teams that's all. somebody can want a team all they want but if others are picked ahead of them and pick the squad they wanted ..tough luck.

season 7 is still going on!

Top Bottom