• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob said:
If he offered my buddy Al for Beasley straight up I would do it. Sorry pheeniks. :(

But I can hold out for the season to start. I love hitting those coffin corner 3s with beascheese anyway!

this is the classic case of yeah the trade might help you, but i would like to remind you:

think of all the other people in this league!!

DiddyBop

cerrius,its true that defense was nerfed in 2k9,i thought i was the only one that noticed. youre barely rewarded in this game for playing solid D.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm still losing out on this trade deal.

Beasley is 105 for you. Richardson is only 91.

Marion is 84, you are giving me a scrub SF in return of only 76. Not even Gomes who is better. The SG you are giving me is also a scrub, I would need Miller in return and I don't really need another SG.

DiddyBop

Mrbob said:

Marion is 84, you are giving me a scrub SF in return of only 76. Not even Gomes who is better. The SG you are giving me is also a scrub, I would need Miller in return and I don't really need another SG.
rashad is farrr from a scrub. that is if cerrius knows how to use him properly.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Mrbob said:

when it comes down to it, I can't justify trading a 94 rated player for an 81 straight up.

yes, I know Beasley's game inside out but still.

It goes back to that "brent barry for iverson" trade, it's just not fair to everyone else in this league.

Mrbob

Well I'm just looking at player ratings...I'll need to test out later.

Shooting Guard isn't high on my priority list in a trade anyway with Dwade.

Oh please don't pull up the no fair trade clause here with how you know Beasley his value is much higher than his 81 rating and the rest of the league knows it. :lol Hence they don't want me to trade him away to you at any cost! You are right...it probably is an unfair trade for me and the rest of the league if it went through. :/

81 means jack shit and you know it. for fucks sake you scored 71 with him that obviously means ratings don't mean shit :lol

which is why SUN will be the mvp

Mrbob

Don't worry, I'm fielding better offers from other potential owners for Beasley right now than Cerrius can give me. :)

strikeselect

Mrbob said:
Don't worry, I'm fielding better offers from other potential owners for Beasley right now than Cerrius can give me. :)

I call bluff.

my offer stands as is...

Al Richardson, McCants, Brewer

for

Beasley, Marion, Jones

Mrbob

o_O

Don't worry Cerrius, it gets better.

I'm putting in a clause in my trade in which any potential future owner or future owners of Beasley can never, EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER trade him with you. :D

daw840

CB3 said:
Konex
Daw
PHEENIKS

are all we have left

Will try to get signed in today. Still fucking sick and not doing much except laying around watching TV. I didn't want to get everyone at the house where my Xbox is sick. Sorry guys.

Mrbob

Cerrius....

stopwatch.gif

Zep

Banned
daw840 said:
Will try to get signed in today. Still fucking sick and not doing much except laying around watching TV. I didn't want to get everyone at the house where my Xbox is sick. Sorry guys.

LG_disinf_spray.jpg

And bob, like cerrius said...Stop bluffing. Nobody is falling for it.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
cerrius,its true that defense was nerfed in 2k9,i thought i was the only one that noticed. youre barely rewarded in this game for playing solid D.

I disagree.

It is a bit toned down from 2k8, but I'd like to think I play solid D and I usually get rewarded for it. It's a bit tougher in 2k9 b/c the offense has been upped a bit, but it's still possible.

Hunter D

DiddyBop said:
I complained about this before the first season started. The amount of contested jumpers hit at the end of the shotclock by roleplayers in this game is ridiculous.

strikeselect

It is what it is. I understand they went with a more accessible approach for casual gamers by speeding up the game, making offense easier, making isomotion more effective, simplifying the post game, nerfing lock down defense button, etc. etc.

and obviously it did well for them, as I remember reading 2K9 had their biggest online launch.

That being said, 2K8 turned off alot of casuals but damn was it a great basketball sim. It had it's problems sure, but I loved it.

Hunter D

Cerrius said:
It is what it is. I understand they went with a more accessible approach for casual gamers by speeding up the game, making offense easier, making isomotion more effective, simplifying the post game, nerfing lock down defense button, etc. etc.

and obviously it did well for them, as I remember reading 2K9 had their biggest online launch.

That being said, 2K8 turned off alot of casuals but damn was it a great basketball sim. It had it's problems sure, but I loved it.
College hoops 2k8 is the best sim ever made.

DiddyBop

Cerrius said:

summed up my feelings perfectly.

ecnal, i'll play 100% man D on you except for JJ. i'll let bowen do all the dirty work. How about this, i'll play 100% man D on you only if you stop trying to steal every goddamn pass.

ecnal

viakado said:
let's go. ecnal pussied out.

:lol :lol

if you actually like, you know, want to play a game i'm fine to do that. but don't camp the paint with duncan or hide on the wings with tony parker because you don't want to get abused, it's pathetic.

5 minutes into the game and not a single possession where you played on ball-d. not a single one... well unless of course you count TP guarding bibby till he passed the ball off. that's a pretty solid 5 seconds of on-ball d.

like i said, if i wanted to play the cpu i could have. the point of playing another person is to battle against them, not the cpu. it's really pathetic. so man the fuck up and then we can play.

ecnal, i'll play man D on you except for JJ. i'll let bowen do all the dirty work. How about this, i'll play 100% man D on you only if you stop trying to steal every goddamn pass.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

case closed.

ecnal said:
:lol :lol

if you actually like, you know, want to play a game i'm fine to do that. but don't camp the paint with duncan or hide on the wings with tony parker because you don't want to get abused, it's pathetic.

5 minutes into the game and not a single possession where you played on ball-d. not a single one... well unless of course you count TP guarding bibby till he passed the ball off. that's a pretty solid 5 seconds of on-ball d.

like i said, if i wanted to play the cpu i could have. the point of playing another person is to battle against them, not the cpu. it's really pathetic. so man the fuck up and then we can play.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

case closed.
whatever dude, stop lying.

DiddyBop

viak,you do kinda slack on the on ball d though:lol but its whatever,its just a scrim.

cb3,do you have the whole gif with the subtitle,been lookin for it for a while:lol

ecnal

i honestly don't know what just happened...

i made an ambiguous statement about on-ball-d (no need to call anyone out), and then kado immediately feels the need to call me a pussy. amazing.

also, just to make an observation for you kado; playing on-ball-d "100% of the time except on JJ" doesn't equate to playing on-ball-d 100% of the time. you can't do something 100% of the time sometimes. :lol

DCX

DCX
i demand scouting reports on all league members!!!

I know mine!

DCX- doesnt run an offense and generally sucks :lol :lol

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
i demand scouting reports on all league members!!!

I know mine!

DCX- doesnt run an offense and generally sucks :lol :lol

DCX

There is a scouting report under player card/VIP

DiddyBop said:
the PIP rule and on ball d is tearing us apart :(

The rule has been around since the very beginning of the 2k leagues here on GAF I believe, at least it has in my past 4 seasons.

On ball D is the way to play in our league. This is still "pre-season" so do whatever the fuck you want I don't care, but come "season" time it's manual defense. So if you think you suck at it or aren't very good, well you have plenty of opportunity to practice now.

Top Bottom