• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob

I can't wait to meet up with you this year with your same old, same old stale team and I'll be dominating with my new hotness. :D

Zep

Banned
i'll do it at halftime of the sixers game...

can we get the other 2 codes in? CB? Before you go dig into some asian muff tonight can you put yours in?!

DCX

DCX
Zep said:
i'll do it at halftime of the sixers game...

can we get the other 2 codes in? CB? Before you go dig into some asian muff tonight can you put yours in?!
Little_Big_Muff-30f6a6576beadf64e39156e1add6c739.jpg

Dig in!

DCX

alright ill sign in with daws acct. give me a few mins

p.s. exactly, you can't really enforce manual defense and there will be times where you just can't play on the ball D always. i play the vast majority on d with manual D (and if anyone says otherwise besides truelize then i haven't heard it), but there are just times it doesn't happen (zone, transition play, etc).

we'll see though

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright ill sign in with daws acct. give me a few mins

p.s. exactly, you can't really enforce manual defense and there will be times where you just can't play on the ball D always. i play the vast majority on d with manual D (and if anyone says otherwise besides truelize then i haven't heard it), but there are just times it doesn't happen (zone, transition play, etc).

we'll see though

..There will be times when it's not best to play strict manual defense..I'm talking about in a half court set. Manual defense needs to be applied if you are playing man to man. If you're playing zone the you need to control the closest player to the ball.

It's simple.

DMczaf

FMT, Tom Chambers is still waiting. Waiting for his chance!

Although I might be willing to give up Oliver Miller!

DMczaf said:
FMT, Tom Chambers is still waiting. Waiting for his chance!

Although I might be willing to give up Oliver Miller!
4 player trade involving tony parker/nash. let's make it happen for the good of man kind.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm give me nash and no one has to get hurt

p.s. play me bob you pussy

Can't...have to pick up some relatives at the airport tonight, maybe!

The airline screwed up their flight, so they are stuck in Atlanta right now with the possibility of still making it back out tonight. Otherwise tommorrow they get here...won't be home tonight.

Mrbob

Are we starting games right away? I figured we would get some time to get acquanted with our new teams first before charging head on. Also, isn't pheeniks gone till mid week anyway.

Smokey

Yeah don't play your games yet guys.

Just play custom games through the league that way you can play with your teams. We need to wait for pheeniks to get his 360 back before we can start the games on the schedule(once I advance the schedule..you can't go back).

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Indiana Pacers
@ Denver Nuggets

any of you want to play?

we can do a practice game if you want.

Cerrius said:
double teams are allowed outside the paint?!

oh mah lawd.

Yup but if it gets abused I will take it out.

If some of you want to play some of your scheduled games that's cool. I wouldn't recommend playing all 5 of them though because we need to wait for pheeniks to get his 360 back.

how can you call a double team anyways? ive been wondering that for a while. i know i have the trap play in my defensive playcalling but how can you manually call for a double team?

p.s. i'll play a practice game against you smokey, lets roll

ecnal

am i really supposed to play the grizzlies 4 times?

i play him 3 times out of my first 5 games :lol

Top Bottom