• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Miami Heat
Toronto Raptors
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers

lets play!!

Smokey

ecnal said:
am i really supposed to play the grizzlies 4 times?

i play him 3 times out of my first 5 games :lol

I play the Cavs in week 1 and week 2 and again in week 6

:shrug

FMT I'm heading on. To double team I believe you press/hold LB.

strikeselect

and bob why add AI with Wade?

You could've had a low post option with Al Richardson yet you take another guard? really?

:lol

wow, weird schedule with the grizz/hawks. i looked through a few other schedules and there is nothing else like that on anyone elses schedule. meh, what can you do. treat it like an early playoff preview!

Smokey

Malleymal said:
who do i play and whats the website i can goto to see?

Basically are league is broken down into weeks. It's 6 weeks (5 games a week) so 30 games. When you log into the league through 2k9 you'll see the next 5 games on your schedule up top. You can play those games in any order. Once everybody has done so or the deadline has passed, I advance the schedule and rinse/repeat.

Malleymal said:
Ayone want a scrimmage or play if I play u... thanks V

I play the bobcats.. so let me know when we can go

You can play those 5 games in any order. I can't play tonight, I'm getting ready to head out in a few.

gg smokey! started off hot and then cooled off :(

but there were instances in that game that show why "100% on the ball D all the time!" isn't really fair. a few times in an effort to always be on the ball i was scrambling around with switches and shit and then you get a wide open shot, whereas if i could've just stayed OFF the ball for a second everyone would get in their correct spot

p.s. people i desperately need a backup center. i'm not looking for a blockbuster trade here.... take a look at my roster if you are interested. obviously dirk and kidd are off limits, but throw something out. again, not looking for a starting center, but i literally have 1 center on my team. did the mavs trade Diop in real life? i have some SG ive never heard of on my team and diop is gone

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg smokey! started off hot and then cooled off :(

but there were instances in that game that show why "100% on the ball D all the time!" isn't really fair. a few times in an effort to always be on the ball i was scrambling around with switches and shit and then you get a wide open shot, whereas if i could've just stayed OFF the ball for a second everyone would get in their correct spot

p.s. people i desperately need a backup center. i'm not looking for a blockbuster trade here.... take a look at my roster if you are interested. obviously dirk and kidd are off limits, but throw something out. again, not looking for a starting center, but i literally have 1 center on my team. did the mavs trade Diop in real life? i have some SG ive never heard of on my team and diop is gone

looks like we both shot in the 45%ish range. I still need to get a feel for release points on shots.

Don't take the 100% manual defense thing too literal. That's fine if you do what you listed above, but in the end you need to be controlling that guy.

well i think you would agree i was on the ball almost all game. a couple plays you passed the ball so fast in a zone i didn't.

also, LB for double team worked a few times and other times it didn't. do you tap LB or hold it?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i think you would agree i was on the ball almost all game. a couple plays you passed the ball so fast in a zone i didn't.

also, LB for double team worked a few times and other times it didn't. do you tap LB or hold it?

Yeah you did.

Also to quickly pass the ball Tap A right before the ball gets into the players hands. Press the direction you want to through it to. That's how I was able to swing the ball so quickly.

Anddddddddd I'm done giving out trade secrets.

And I usually hold LB for double team.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If one player on the other team is lights out.. say like a rip hamilton or something, and he runs through screens all day and gets open, can I not control his defender and try to chase him to keep the ball out of his hands?

I also want to play with the games sliders, is there a way I can save them, so I can play now

Smokey

ecnal said:
looks like the league is already off to a great start...

?

please vote in the poll on the right side on the website:

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=47826

Malleymal said:
If one player on the other team is lights out.. say like a rip hamilton or something, and he runs through screens all day and gets open, can I not control his defender and try to chase him to keep the ball out of his hands?

So if you see him coming off a screen, take control of his defender and try and beat him to the spot for a tip ball etc.?

If so that's fine.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have 4 of them. nom nom nom.

Smokey

FMT you have a backup C.

You need to take him off of reserve and make him active and put somebody on reserve to take his place.

Smokey

Malleymal said:
Cerrius lets play... invite me malley mal

He probably wants to scrimmage using league sliders. So log into XBL through 2K9, and go to out league. It will take you to a screen what's known as "Owner's Home". You see 5 games listed up top, those are your first 5 games on your schedule. Now while it may not look like it, once you're at this screen you are already in the league lobby. To see who else is in the lobby with you, press down on the D-pad and up top where your 5 games were you'll see other teams. They too are in the lobby. If nobody else is in lobby when you press down on d-pad nothing will happen.

If you want to challenge whoever in lobby click there name and it'll pop up with send custom challenge, or if he invites you you'll get a notice and when you go to the lobby his team up top will be flashing.

This is how we do the scrimmages.

@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@ Indiana Pacers
@ Denver Nuggets

any of you dudes interested in playing tonight or tomorrow?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
gg cerrius.... either i got to work on my post defense or Al Richardson is the second coming of Hakeem..

anyone else want to scrimmage or play our games

strikeselect

GG Diddy, Bosh is a killer with that jumpshot.

thank god miller was knocking down those treys and big al was working the post.

Mrbob

Cerrius said:
and bob why add AI with Wade?

You could've had a low post option with Al Richardson yet you take another guard? really?

:lol

UMAD.gif

Top Bottom