• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

DMczaf

Barbosa puts up 21 pts in the first 1 1/2 quarters and then FMT sends his thug Kidd to take him out on a layup to take him out of the game! FMT, YOULL PAY!

hey! that was just a taste of what you'll get in the regular season if you keep showing off barbosa! jason "the enforcer" kidd couldn't take anymore of his nonsense!

sadly no one on my team could hit a shot to save their lives!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What is the point with some of these trades? Is the Lakers/Nuggets trade some kinda of peace treaty because DCX took CB3's team? I mean you guys are trading your entire starting lineups minus the star players. Why didn't you just take the other team and then just trade the star players? Would be a lot easier.

Viakado: you really really need to learn to be patient with your team. There is no way Ginoboli should be on the block already. No way. And he is rated above 90. You better get something comparable....

And are we going to do our little trade? Ben Wallace and Varejo are not on the block. I have a log jam at the guard position. Trying to balance that out a bit.

Smokey

Cloudy said:
Thanks for signing me in, guys. BTW I'm willing to trade for a SG rated 80 or better. Make me offers

You still need to sign into the league.

We only used 48 hour xbl cards so we could get the league going, and then I booted the temporary tags from the league.

pheeniks do you know when you're expecting your box back?

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
What is the point with some of these trades? Is the Lakers/Nuggets trade some kinda of peace treaty because DCX took CB3's team? I mean you guys are trading your entire starting lineups minus the star players. Why didn't you just take the other team and then just trade the star players? Would be a lot easier.

Viakado: you really really need to learn to be patient with your team. There is no way Ginoboli should be on the block already. No way. And he is rated above 90. You better get something comparable....

And are we going to do our little trade? Ben Wallace and Varejo are not on the block. I have a log jam at the guard position. Trying to balance that out a bit.
What are you talking about easier? It's a videogame, it's just as easy to make the trade we did then what you suggested :? Either way, i traded for guys who fit the system i will run with Kobe and Bynum. I didnt need Gasol and Bynum as i'm not much for the inside game let alone with two star post men, i need shooters and i got them. End of story.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
@ Utah Jazz
@ Miami Heat
@ San Antonio Spurs
@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons

I can scrim anyone this afternoon. I would prefer to get some practice in. However, if anyone needs to play a game today that is on that list, let me know via AIM, GAF, or XBL.

Smokey said:
You still need to sign into the league.

We only used 48 hour xbl cards so we could get the league going, and then I booted the temporary tags from the league.

pheeniks do you know when you're expecting your box back?

They've had it since Thursday, it was marked "received and being repaired" Thursday night. Friday, no advances

It's up to those fuckers when they want to fix it. They claimed it would be quick, so if I was a guessing man I'd say they could fix it Monday, and if they held up to their promise of overnight shipping, I'd get it back Tuesday.

But knowing my luck, not only will it not be overnight shipping, they'll probably ship back the same xbox claiming it's fixed and I'll get RROD within the week I receive it.

:(

Mrbob

Can I practice with my team first? I won't get home till later tonight anyway and want to get some time in first with my team before heading full burst into the season.

Why are we rushing so fast? :/ We have player who doesn't even have his 360 back yet.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Can I practice with my team first? I won't get home till later tonight anyway and want to get some time in first with my team before heading full burst into the season.

Why are we rushing so fast? :/ We have player who doesn't even have his 360 back yet.

lol we're not. I said I wouldn't recommend playing more than 1 or 2 games on your schedule, as we need to wait for pheeniks to get his 360 back before we 'really' start.

FMT I'll play you.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Anyone with the Jazz on their schedule, let me know when you want to go... I am here and there, but down to play if we set up a time

Smokey

Malleymal said:
Anyone with the Jazz on their schedule, let me know when you want to go... I am here and there, but down to play if we set up a time

I'll play you after I play FMT.

Mrbob said:
Kick his ass, smokey.

It is always nice to see Dirk get a good ravishing.

:lol

Mrbob

If anyone wants a nice 84 rates shoosting pg/sg, let me know. I got chalmers on the trading block right now. I want a biggie on my team, preferably a center. PM me!

Birdman02

ecnal said:
gg birdman.

pheeniks: i think i'm going to wait on that trade with ac law... his release is money.

gg man....i need to work on releases for everyon one my team, except Granger. It was pathetic how many open shots I was missing.

Acie Law was pissing me off...I don't think he missed a shot in the 2nd half. :(

Also, I have three 78-82 rated PGs pm my team (Jack, Ford and Tinsley). I'd be willing to part with one of them for another SG/SF that can shoot. Anybody interested??

gg smokey, i almost caught up :(

i couldn't hit a fucking open 3 for most of the game. carrols release is tricky but i THOUGHT i had it down. then i go into the season and he lays a goose egg. him and howard are tough to get down.

also smokey how are you getting your defensive AI to steal the ball though? you had 9 steals, and sometimes it was your AI guys (unless you quickly switched i didn't see). meanwhile my defensive AI allows for free passing lanes all day. i don't get it (unless your defensive awareness rating on you guys is higher)

actually on second thought dont answer that. why should you be helping a division opponent! i'll check out op sports for some tips.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Smokey your PM box is full.

Cleared some room, try again.

oh damn we can watch a play by play on line... pretty nice

Yup, closest thing to a spectator mode we have right now.

FMT said:
gg smokey, i almost caught up :(

i couldn't hit a fucking open 3 for most of the game. carrols release is tricky but i THOUGHT i had it down. then i go into the season and he lays a goose egg. him and howard are tough to get down.

also smokey how are you getting your defensive AI to steal the ball though? you had 9 steals, and sometimes it was your AI guys (unless you quickly switched i didn't see). meanwhile my defensive AI allows for free passing lanes all day. i don't get it (unless your defensive awareness rating on you guys is higher)

actually on second thought dont answer that. why should you be helping a division opponent! i'll check out op sports for some tips.

Good game. I don't know what it is, but the I've noticed the Bobcats let teams come back into games towards the end. This has happened on a consistent basis. They start off strong and then 4th quarter they will nut up. Kind of frustrating, but I'll have to deal with it throughout the season.

On defense a couple times I quickly switched and was able to intercept/tip the pass. But besides that...sliders...they are your friends :)

My 3pt shooting is terrible right now :(.

Malleymal said:
Im heading back home in like an hour if you wanna go smokey

Ok.

I'll probably be online so send a FR to dboythagr8 when you're ready.

what do you mean sliders smokey? the defensive pressure/help defense and stuff sliders? hmmmm, ill tinker with it.

until we meet again my friend..... next time mcgirk will get to the 30 point mark!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what do you mean sliders smokey? the defensive pressure/help defense and stuff sliders? hmmmm, ill tinker with it.

until we meet again my friend..... next time mcgirk will get to the 30 point mark!

How you set your matchups, how your sliders are set, who you apply defensive pressure to...who you sag off of..etc..all play a roll in having good defense.

DiddyBop

viakado said:
alright bitches. im home. Manu demands a trade.
let's hammer out a deal today before the spurs play their first game.

AIM: viakado
guess you dont liek the trade i sent on the 2k page? counter offer

ecnal

DenogginizerOS said:
Do you have to adjust these sliders before every game?

smokey is referring to the in-game team sliders. e.g. defensive pressure, help defense, fast break, crash boards, offensive temp, etc.

you can change them at will in-game.

Hunter D

Bucks
Lakers
Suns

Any of you want a beating we can go now.

Can someone post instructions on how to save and upload vids again. I never got it to work and its a shame because I do nasty shit that the world needs to see.

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Bucks
Lakers
Suns

Can someone post instructions on how to save and upload vids again. I never got it to work and its a shame because I do nasty shit that the world needs to see.

1. Save the replay you want from the game.
2. Load up the Reelmaker
3. Do w/e kind of special effects you want.
4. When finished in bottom right hand corner it'll say upload (choose upload to 2ksports.com)
5. After it's finished if you have your GT linked to the website, it will appear under your profile (under media) when you click your name
6. Then I think you can pick which game you want to attach it to, and it'll show up in the media section and on front page of the website.

Hunter D

Smokey said:
1. Save the replay you want from the game.
2. Load up the Reelmaker
3. Do w/e kind of special effects you want.
4. When finished in bottom right hand corner it'll say upload (choose upload to 2ksports.com)
5. After it's finished if you have your GT linked to the website, it will appear under your profile (under media) when you click your name
6. Then I think you can pick which game you want to attach it to, and it'll show up in the media section and on front page of the website.
Can this be done at the end of the game?

DCX

DCX
Hunter D said:
Bucks
Lakers
Suns

Around 5-6pm I can play one, unfortunately it wont be with my real team as CB hasnt accepted my trade yet :(

DCX

smokey you need to adjust the fatigue setting. most of my team was fresh for the entire game (except damp). the only reason i even subbed is to get a 3 point shooter in there. not sure if thats something that 2k patched or if we didn't put it on the same setting as last year but it should be bumped up.

the only other request i would have is for blocks. its so ridiculous when you get past your guy and go up for a shot but he is able to actually get in FRONT of you and block the shot easily. wtf? i know some people have a slower release but come on!

gg zep, if dirk could have scored 80 i would have won!

Zep

Banned
yea gg...Beasecheese is everything I could want!

and yea, put fatigue way the fuck up...Starters need a break sometime.

Top Bottom