• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Can this be done at the end of the game?

What you mean?

It can't be done during the game. You need to save the replay, go back to the main menu/features/reel maker and load up the replay you saved from the game.

Zep said:
Magic Bobkittens Cavs available?!

I may be in about 20-25 minutes.

i didn't mind beasley, he missed some too. what pissed me off is i would play good defense for 23 seconds and then get a shot made in my face. i think that happen 6 or 7 times!

i think i'll stop shooting 3's.... i can't seem to make them much (or at all in the case of carroll who is an 88 rated 3 point shoot! damn his release!)

Smokey

From 2k9 online manual:

This attribute effects player fatigue rate during the game...increasing will lower rate of fatigue (don't get tired as fast)..decreasing will get them tired quicker

It's at 43 now, just like last season...you all say it should be lower?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also smokey can you approve my trade with airbrian? or can i do it?

I did earlier. I looked at your team roster and he's on there. It's also on the front page of website under latest trades.

definitely. test it out in an exhibition game for yourself. i left my starting lineup in the entire first half. at the end of the half, dirks bars were at 3, kidd 4, terry 4, howard 4.... dampier did get fatigued and was down to 2 near the end of the half.

this happened in my game against you and against zep. not sure how much it should go down but as it is right now its kind of 5 on 5 with really no sub strategy to be had (not saying i didn't do subs, but it was never for stamina purposes except on damps part)

Zep

Banned
Yea, I subbed just because also...but I really had no reason to do it. I don't know why its acting like this if the same as last season.

ecnal

you must have played a really slow game or something...

in my 2 games so far i've had to sub all my starters (3 of whom have 99 stam).

not really.... not that i can recall. i guess see what everyone else thinks, but in every game ive played with these sliders ive had the same issue (2 league games, 2 exhibition games). i never had that happen once last season where my guys could go all half without needing a rest

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not really.... not that i can recall. i guess see what everyone else thinks, but in every game ive played with these sliders ive had the same issue (2 league games, 2 exhibition games). i never had that happen once last season where my guys could go all half without needing a rest

Yeah we'll see. If it's an issue I'll change it for week 2.

well take a look at my stats from last season to this season.

last season dirk averaged 22 minutes a game. this season over 30 minutes (and the only reason it isn't 32 is because i leave auto subs in and i have the sub set as rotational)

also take a look at the rest of my minutes for my starters. all are playing 30 minutes a game at least except for damp. last year i had only 2 players who played above 22 minutes (dirk at 22 and kidd at 24)

well if it's not happening to everyone then i don't know what to say.

the only other thing i could think of is that my guys actually ARE fatigued but the game isn't showing their accurate level.... i highly doubt this (why would dampier by fatigued then?), but i don't know what else to say if ecnal and others aren't seeing the fatigue issue.

smokey did you have fatigue in our game?

Hunter D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey you need to adjust the fatigue setting. most of my team was fresh for the entire game (except damp). the only reason i even subbed is to get a 3 point shooter in there. not sure if thats something that 2k patched or if we didn't put it on the same setting as last year but it should be bumped up.

the only other request i would have is for blocks. its so ridiculous when you get past your guy and go up for a shot but he is able to actually get in FRONT of you and block the shot easily. wtf? i know some people have a slower release but come on!

gg zep, if dirk could have scored 80 i would have won!
Fatigue is determined by your play style. Most of my guys were dog tired in my game.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

the only other thing i could think of is that my guys actually ARE fatigued but the game isn't showing their accurate level.... i highly doubt this (why would dampier by fatigued then?), but i don't know what else to say if ecnal and others aren't seeing the fatigue issue.

i had it set to auto subs based on rotations i have set, so i never really looked.

Hunter D

Where exactly do you go to save replays at the end of the game? Give me the exact name of the menu. Finding that menu has been the problem for me.

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Where exactly do you go to save replays at the end of the game? Give me the exact name of the menu. Finding that menu has been the problem for me.

At the end of the game you can check the Gametrack of all the buckets you scored. If you have a sick dunk, go to that replay under the gametrack and click in the right thumbstick and it'll bring up the save replay menu.

Smokey

Did you guys know you can put guys on the trading block in the league?

I just found this out. If you go to the league website and put your mouse over trades a drop down menu will appear. Trade block is the last option. You can go through your team and select who is on the trading block, and who you are not willing to trade.

Malleymal said:
smokey I will send you an invite now if you want to go. let me know.. heading on now..

Gimme, about 15 minutes I'm trying to finalize a trade.

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

you should look @ the STAM upgrades your guys have gotten with updates.

dirk had a 90 stam, he now has a 95.
josh howard had a 95 stam, now has a 99 stam.
kidd had a 95 stam, now has a 99 stam.

don't think anything has changed other than your personnel's abilities. those stamina upgrades plus a slower style of play could easily account for ~30 minutes on the court.

Fatigue is determined by your play style. Most of my guys were dog tired in my game.

well i haven't really changed my playstyle from last year. me and zep were playing more of a half court game but it wasn't SLOW. i wouldn't consider my game against smokey slow either but the same thing happened.

oh well, test it out and post what you guys get. maybe its just a weird 2 games

p.s. anyone i play around?

and smokey i know you said you approved the trade but i still dont see that it has gone through (terry still shows on the website on my team)

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i haven't really changed my playstyle from last year. me and zep were playing more of a half court game but it wasn't SLOW. i wouldn't consider my game against smokey slow either but the same thing happened.

oh well, test it out and post what you guys get. maybe its just a weird 2 games

p.s. anyone i play around?

and smokey i know you said you approved the trade but i still dont see that it has gone through (terry still shows on the website on my team)

Strange. Check in game. He's showing up as on your roster when I look at your players through the website.

you're right, when you look at "player info", he is there.

but on my "team" page when you look at "starting lineup", it still shows terry. terry was in my game against the pistons so maybe you approved it and it took a bit to go through. ill get on and check.

also i tried to take my other center off reserve but he wasn't available against the pistons :(

ecnal

am i really looking at this correctly?

felton + diop for ginobili + finley?

props to smokey if he can pull that off.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ecnal said:
am i really looking at this correctly?

felton + diop for ginobili + finley?

props to smokey if he can pull that off.

holy shit

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DMczaf

wly8mf.png

What the hell is this shit?

viak wtf dude?

p.s. truelize i sent you a trade offer. stackhouse for verajou. not sure if you'd be interested or not but i saw you didn't have many sg's and i'm in need of a center!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Ok, CB did you accept the trade dude? I want to play a game :/

DCX

:lol its been like an hour. i said a few hours. hopefully by 6/7 PST Latest

Zep

Banned
Pffffftt...Man I'm just waiting for one of them to hang up. She'll be getting comfort dick visit from me later tonight.

ya dig?

Top Bottom