• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

daw840

To anyone who plays me (Celtics) this week. I will be attempting to go to my friends house where my 360 is tomorrow. It will probably be in the early afternoon to around 5-6 CST. Just wanted to let you guys know!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Diddy you want to trade straight up or is the deal off?

just want to know before we play next game.

spurs here:
New Orleans Hornets
Boston Celtics
Orlando Magic
Portland Blazers
@ Milwaukee Bucks

i'll be around for the evening, so let me know if one of you are available.

Hunter D said:
Bucks

Suns

Any of you want to beat me we can go now.

I would like to get reddick from the magic owner. Lets talk.

I'm the Bucks. I can play tomorrow night between 7 and 9:30 Eastern. Let me know if that works for you.

Teams on my schedule:

Indiana Pacers
Utah Jazz
New Jersey Nets
Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs

Like I said, I'll be able to play tomorrow night anytime between 7 and 9:30 and can get several games in.

Also, if anyone has any trade offers just shoot me a PM.

gg cb

that first half was fucking ridiculous :lol

you throw up basically fade away garbage from 18 feet.... swish! i can't get a point blank put back.

oh well, such is life in NBA 2k9!

but now even you can attest to the fatigue issue. neither one of us had to sub. the game is significantly less fun without needing your reserves. less strategy too.

take a look at the minutes fellas. hardly any of our reserves played, and when they did it was unrelated to fatigue

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg cb

that first half was fucking ridiculous :lol

you throw up basically fade away garbage from 18 feet.... swish! i can't get a point blank put back.

oh well, such is life in NBA 2k9!

but now even you can attest to the fatigue issue. neither one of us had to sub. the game is significantly less fun without needing your reserves. less strategy too.

take a look at the minutes fellas. hardly any of our reserves played, and when they did it was unrelated to fatigue

Yeah I'll lower it, I noticed in my games earlier.

lol exactly. you could go the entire game without ever hitting 1 bar assuming you dont fast break everytime down the court. 2k must have messed with it during the patch or something. it makes no sense that the same setting no longer has the same effect.

buckets just aren't fallin, my D isn't playing very good (although it wasn't good last year either).... i just have to weather the storm and get into the mix at some point!

viakado said:
wow. u got robbed.

I've been playing with the Bucks quite a bit offline with my friend and I haven't been able to do much at all with RJ. Doesn't matter what his ratings are if I can't shoot with him or utilize him very well.

Smokey

Got a nice starting 5 now:

Felton (84)
Jefferson (83)
Wallace (86)
Diaw (81)
Okafor (84)

Augustine (81) 6th man of the year coming off the bench.

I will make the Bobcats contenders.

Oh and ChrisJames don't listen to these boys. Every trade I do they label the opposite party as getting robbed. It's called good business and they don't understand it's not always about ratings or names of certain players.

I hope we have formed a nice business partnership and I look forward to working with your organization in the future.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
RJ is infinitely more valuable than Bell because of his high dunk rating, 3pt shooting, and smooth release animation.

damn it people, before trading with ANYONE, post here so the rest of the league can examine whether you're getting hustled :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
viak wtf dude?

p.s. truelize i sent you a trade offer. stackhouse for verajou. not sure if you'd be interested or not but i saw you didn't have many sg's and i'm in need of a center!

I'll take a look tomorrow at your roster to see what you have. I don't really need anyone at all. But I would like to trade one of my shooters for a defensive guard forward. Varejo (however you spell it) is well liked in Truelizeville, so until I have played a game with him after the updates I can't tell you if he is available.

I will be around the next couple of nights guys to get some games in.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
RJ is infinitely more valuable than Bell because of his high dunk rating, 3pt shooting, and smooth release animation.

damn it people, before trading with ANYONE, post here so the rest of the league can decide to cockblock :lol

fixed, and raja's 3pt rating is higher than RJ...

Truelize said:
I will be around the next couple of nights guys to get some games in.

Good, good. And fix your connection and stop running from me.

ecnal

i never fell into the collective that thought the ai/kleiza for barry/howard trade was ridiculous, but bell for rj is robbery any way you look at it.

if you look at it without ratings and names, as you suggest, it makes absolutely no sense for the bucks. they lose size, they lose their most dominant offensive presence, 1/2 their roster now consists of guards, and bell adds absolutely nothing to their overall game. sure bell adds some great defense to the team, but what does it matter when he's the only defensive player on the team? the bucks are going to lock down an entire team with bell?

if you look @ the trade from a ratings perspective, it's not even close. rj is capable of dominating in this game, bell is not. ratings are everything in a game that basses shot success off of individual categorical ratings--i.e; mid range shot, 3pt shot, close, dunk, shoot in traffic, etc. on this topic too, bell's 3 is only 2 points higher... that's a pretty negligible difference

also, don't take this the wrong way, this has nothing to do with you. if anyone else did this trade they would get the exact same lol's and ridicule because either way you cut it this trade is insanely one sided--looking @ ratings or not, but also the fact that he could have shopped rj and gotten much more.

with all that said, like i said earlier, grats on the trade. you never cease to amaze me with the deals you're able to secure. if you can pull this kind of trade off, it just goes to show that anyone can. the rest of us just need to step our game up.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah i dont blame smokey either. congrats to him for getting it. its just funny how he downplays it like it was a fair trade :lol

You hustled the shit out of Chris James. just admit it. Id be flauting the hell out of that trade if i were you.

Oh Well. Are you starting Redd at the 3 ChrisJames? if you are, whatever boost you get in D cause of bell goes out the toilet if Redd is guarding a 3. Ill be sure to display Melo when we play

much like last seasons trade, to an outsider it is robbery. but between the two players, if chrisjames is going to have more success with raja bell how did HE get robbed?

you can say he could've gotten more from player X for jefferson, but i didn't see anyone else offering him something. so in turn, it wasn't chrisjames who got robbed, it was the rest of the league who didn't get in on this "deal"

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
no one else knew RJ was on the table. I would be the first to offer something seeing as how i used him last season and know him well.

lol well i seriously doubt chrisjames PM'ed only smokey and asked for the trade. smokey probably was looking around at rosters and talked to chrisjames about it. i'm sure he would have been opened to trading with anyone, but smokey is the one who asked about it. good scouting on his part

Top Bottom