• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol well i seriously doubt chrisjames PM'ed only smokey and asked for the trade. smokey probably was looking around at rosters and talked to chrisjames about it. i'm sure he would have been opened to trading with anyone, but smokey is the one who asked about it. good scouting on his part

Smokey goes for the easy prey :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
maybe. im just wondering how the exchange went. i mean he got back a player whose position is the only one the Bucks are actually decent in :lol

PG PF C are all fucked on the bucks

SF is decent cause of RJ
SG was solid cause of Redd and Charlie Bell.

Like i said unless Redd is starting at the 3, he has a HUGE hole at Small Forward now
The 3 is fucked regardless cause Redd is a huge liability on D if he is starting there

i don't understand all this bitching. all of you could very well swindel another team. i say good for smokey for closing that unbalanced deal. its fair game for all.

Smokey

CB3 said:
maybe. im just wondering how the exchange went. i mean he got back a player whose position is the only one the Bucks are actually decent in :lol

PG PF C are all fucked on the bucks

SF is decent cause of RJ
SG was solid cause of Redd and Charlie Bell.

Like i said unless Redd is starting at the 3, he has a HUGE hole at Small Forward now
The 3 is fucked regardless cause Redd is a huge liability on D if he is starting there

He could very well play Bell/Redd at the same time. Bell playing at the 3, Redd staying at the 2. He then has 2 3pt shooters on the floor, and has a defensive presence at the 3 spot (more than RJ). Hmmm...problem solved.

ChrisJames said:

Also, if anyone has any trade offers just shoot me a PM.

I threw him an offer just like he asked. Not my fault the rest of you didn't see his post or pay attention to it. Much like last season with A.I. Daw was shopping him around and I had a piece that suited his game more (Barry). Same situation here. He said he was struggling with RJ so I gave him a suitable piece in return.

How about the rest of you all stop being lazy. Every season I try and get better, you all can sit around if you want to.

My motto on trades? All the opposite team can say is NO. And if so oh well move on, but if not then lets talk.

So let me guess, if I'm successful this season it will be because I have a stacked roster with the Bobcats am i rite?:lol

I listed about 6 players that are on the trading block from my team last page. Nobody hit me with any PMs. So that tells me nobody is interested in my players enough to contact me. So that means I have to contact others, which is exactly what I did.

All this over Richard Jefferson:lol

I'm going to bed ladies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nene is on the block.

If anyone would like to give me a significantly better player for him let me know. Apparently there are a few of you around here willing to do so

DCX

DCX
Denver Nuggets
Boston Celtics
Orlando Magic
Portland Blazers

I can play tonight after 9:30, 10pm est. I can play 3-4 games depending on whos around.

DCX

I have some pending deals on the table. But I can't really officialize any trades until I get my 360 back (when it will inevitably break again)

and guys, let go of the damn trade, it wasn't THAT awful. chrisjames just got back, ease up!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wouldn't do that trade in fantasy basketball but in this game there is a very minimal difference in player ranking because Bell has better defensive stats. RJ is a much stronger offensive player for sure. But he won't slow many players down with his defense.

I don't have a problem with this trade in this game. Sorry guys.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
Denver Nuggets
Boston Celtics
Orlando Magic
Portland Blazers

I can play tonight after 9:30, 10pm est. I can play 3-4 games depending on whos around.

DCX
I will try to be on at 930EST.

But I thought the week wasn't officially starting until everyone had their X360 in working order. When is the deadline for this week and is it rock solid?

AirBrian

Phoenix Suns
New Orleans Hornets
Utah Jazz
Charlotte Bobcats
Miami Heat

Has Konex signed into the league yet? The Hornets don't have an owner...

DM, Bob, Malley...what's your schedule look like this week?

Me and Smokey are going to try to play tonight.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Girl has class tonight til 9 or so and I get back from the gym around 6:30 so that is my window of opportunity...

whoever plays the Jazz how does that sound??

Yes, bitches, its back! what made Courtside wildly entertaining and fun is now an NBA2k9 league exclusive. Tnt would like to present full weekly coverage of NBA2k9 league stats, player of the week, scores, rumours, and the most fun of all, "lulz-quotes of the week":D
s4rzue.jpg

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
I will try to be on at 930EST.

But I thought the week wasn't officially starting until everyone had their X360 in working order. When is the deadline for this week and is it rock solid?

It hasn't "officially started" yet. I haven't set a deadline. Hopefully pheeniks gets his 360 back this week.

viakado said:

:lol

Hunter D

viakado said:
Yes, bitches, its back! what made Courtside wildly entertaining and fun is now an NBA2k9 league exclusive. Tnt would like to present full weekly coverage of NBA2k9 league stats, player of the week, scores, rumours, and the most fun of all, "lulz-quotes of the week":D
s4rzue.jpg
No Devin Harris mention? :(

I'm 0-2, but devin has been shitting on people.

daw840

To anyone who plays the Celtics this week. I am online now for a few hours. I will be playing Skate 2 but just send me a message if you are on my schedule.

GT: DarkQberto

remember people. you can pm me your trade talks, info, shit you got on gaf members like how cb3 likes asian muff. i'll put it as anonymous. to get opinion, feedback, and reactions, and of course the lols.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
much like last seasons trade, to an outsider it is robbery. but between the two players, if chrisjames is going to have more success with raja bell how did HE get robbed?

you can say he could've gotten more from player X for jefferson, but i didn't see anyone else offering him something. so in turn, it wasn't chrisjames who got robbed, it was the rest of the league who didn't get in on this "deal"

Well put.

CB3 said:
yeah i dont blame smokey either. congrats to him for getting it. its just funny how he downplays it like it was a fair trade :lol

You hustled the shit out of Chris James. just admit it. Id be flauting the hell out of that trade if i were you.

Oh Well. Are you starting Redd at the 3 ChrisJames? if you are, whatever boost you get in D cause of bell goes out the toilet if Redd is guarding a 3. Ill be sure to display Melo when we play

I'm either going to start Redd at 2 and Bell at 3 or start Redd at 2, Mbah a moute at 3 and bring in Bell as a 6th man. Mbah a Moute is actually pretty good at SF. Very solid.

I realize that I probably could've got more for RJ, but I like Raja Bell a lot and when Smokey offered it to me I jumped on it because I know I can make shots with him and I hadn't been doing much at all with RJ. In addition to that, I needed to add some defense to the team very badly and Bell helps me a lot in that regard.

I'll be around tonight from about 6:30 til 10 Eastern, so anyone with the Bucks on their schedule just shoot me a message on XBL. Gamertag is MightBeWrong.

Malley, I think we're scheduled to play, we should get it in tonight.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
just got back from the gym and have 2 hours before the lady gets out of class... if you play the jazz.. hit me in the lobby

Top Bottom