• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah that was a gg birdman. i felt bad about fouling you all those times, but i was down double digits with under 2 mins.... and when you aren't hitting FT's it makes it easier to do :/

but yeah, mcgirk missed a lot of open shots.
got to rebound with him and go on a 5 game win streak to get back in this BITCH!

rudy and a PG for dirk and a scrub. do it, you KNOW YOU WANT TO

at least my trade is reasonable. i have a glutton of decent PG to back up Kidd, and Rudy is a do-it-all player who is more cheesier than dirk.

i'm dead serious fmt. improve your depth and athleticism!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can play games again tomorrow night until Sunday. My wife and kids are going out of town tomorrow evening so I've been being a good husband/father and spending time with them this week.
Go figure :D

Want to know what sucks? I have to fire a 38 year old guy tomorrow due to sexual harassment. I am STRESSED. Dude just lost a good freakin job because he decided it was cool to talk to several of my other staff inappropriately. The worst might have been "I love your perky tits" or "you look stressed today, you should get your boyfriend to stimulate your clitoris". She is 22. Great situation. Ugh.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that would be an easy fire for me. its not like he is getting laid off for no reason. its his fault for being an idiot

no. no i can't turn my back on the team and start a fire sale. i succeeded a decent amount last year with the same basic team, i will regroup again this year. my shots just aren't falling like they did last year, but they will.

i would never trade dirk or kidd. i just need to run more pick and rolls and get others involved.

on the plus side i think i got carrolls release down (3/6 from downtown), so he should be a nice boost off the bench.

p.s. nene is a beast in the post and a great rebounder

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
CB3 said:
that would be an easy fire for me. its not like he is getting laid off for no reason. its his fault for being an idiot

Still sucks having to be the guy to have the conversation with him. It's an easy fire, it's just freakin sad that he is stupid enough to throw away his job. Especially in this economic climate.

Sorry to bring this in here but I had to tell someone. Didn't want to make a thread about it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
Want to know what sucks? I have to fire a 38 year old guy tomorrow due to sexual harassment. I am STRESSED. Dude just lost a good freakin job because he decided it was cool to talk to several of my other staff inappropriately. The worst might have been "I love your perky tits" or "you look stressed today, you should get your boyfriend to stimulate your clitoris". She is 22. Great situation. Ugh.

:lol jeez

strikeselect

Mrbob said:
Cerrius, tell me how my ass tastes after you got done kissing it for 4 quarters. ;)

aw hell nah :lol

Week 4 can't get here soon enough

We will avenge this loss, GUARANSHEED.

Mrbob said:
Cerrius, tell me how my ass tastes after you got done kissing it for 4 quarters. ;)

must continue the feud!
w0koiw.jpg

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
so what time will my opponents be around tomorrow (i don't knw who you guys are besides me playing someone thrice in a week)

I'll be around after 6:30 PM EST...

You better be ready, because I'm going to come out firing :lol

ecnal

pheeniks said:
so what time will my opponents be around tomorrow (i don't knw who you guys are besides me playing someone thrice in a week)

i'll be around noon pst till about 3pm pst.

then i'll be available after like 8:30 pm pst.

we play 3 times...

DiddyBop

hey mrbob,how's wasteman calderon doing for ya ;) and im really enjoying foye btw cerrius,he can actually ya know,score the ball once in a while.

Mrbob

Yeah it is an awkward motion but I think I can get it. The release is quick which is nice he can shoot off the dribble fast.

Mid range shots I am pretty good with him...3 pointers not so much. It is ok though since I'm not really relying on him for offensive prowess, but whatever he can give me will help. And if I can nail the jumper down that can make me stronger.

Not to pat my back too much but I am sort of proud at how I constructed this team. It went from a couple bars on offense (all wade) to almost 4/5 full, and defense is at 4/5 too so I think I have a well rounded team. Now the proof is in actually making them work on the court together, and that is still suspect at best even after this first big win. :lol

Before I play my games today is there a way I can get all my trades approved? Like which admins will be around?

These are the deals that have been agreed upon (cough cough Viakado)

To DCX (Lakers): Buckner for Sun
To Ecnal (Hawks): One of my scrub big men for Magloire

I think those are the only moves I made. But it's been a while so I might've dealt with someone else.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
Before I play my games today is there a way I can get all my trades approved? Like which admins will be around?

These are the deals that have been agreed upon (cough cough Viakado)

To DCX (Lakers): Buckner for Sun
To Ecnal (Hawks): One of my scrub big men for Magloire

I think those are the only moves I made. But it's been a while so I might've dealt with someone else.

Can't approve them until you have signed in and approved the trade yourself. The Buckner one is just sitting there. And the Magloire isn't on the site when I look.

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if True or Smokey or another admin would be around. It is imperative! Because Sun is going to start..

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
CB i can't shoot with him, so what good is he to me?

p.s. I held my first team under 50% shooting with nene in my starting lineup. we both got what we wanted!
scrim?

DCX

Pacers, Nets, Heat, and Spurs.

Any of you guys going to be able to play today either between 2 and 5 Eastern or tonight around 8 to 10 Eastern? Post in here and let me know.

daw840

Celtics owner here. I will be online in about 10-15 minutes for a couple hours. If anyone has me on their schedule send me a message over XBL. I will be playing Skate 2 waiting for someone to hit me up. I won't be next to a computer so just send an XBL message. Thanks.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Celtics owner here. I will be online in about 10-15 minutes for a couple hours. If anyone has me on their schedule send me a message over XBL. I will be playing Skate 2 waiting for someone to hit me up. I won't be next to a computer so just send an XBL message. Thanks.
I'm going on.

DCX

Top Bottom