• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob

I'm not home right now, but if any of my opponents is home later tonight I should be able to play.

I'm digging the dawn of war 2 beta right now, so if you don't see me online check your xbl list. I'm probably playing Dow2, and the game uses Games for Windows Live so you can send me a message.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
I'm not home right now, but if any of my opponents is home later tonight I should be able to play.

I'm digging the dawn of war 2 beta right now, so if you don't see me online check your xbl list. I'm probably playing Dow2, and the game uses Games for Windows Live so you can send me a message.
We can play both either before I go to work tonight or afterwards. I will be at work until about 9EST tonight. Just let me know.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I should be free to play some games tomorrow morning if anyone wants to schedule a game. I am in the middle of two pretty huge projects at work and have been absolutely swamped. If you have a game with me, please, be patient and I will try to schedule you as the week goes on. Again, I will play Boob tonight and then if someone wants to play tomorrow morning, just let me know.

it appears that i have compiled a roster of shooters that i can't shoot with :lol

another 40% shooting game. but the silver lining is that nene is a beast in the low post. gg diddy, if only i could have stopped bosh and joey nobody or whoever that guy was that torched me!

DiddyBop

joey graham? he didnt do much. it was bargnani who was lookin like dirk out there:lol

and from what is aw your team will come together eventually. just dont jack up so many 3s,trust me,ive learned from last season. nene is completely too strong and fast for my softy/slow centres. whenever dirk was just about to get hot by hitting 3 in a row,for some reason youd go away form him and jack another 3 with carrol,i was relieved:lol

your team is nice,it just might be that they have shitty releases.i had the same problem with calderon,foye is working out really nicely:D

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it appears that i have compiled a roster of shooters that i can't shoot with :lol

another 40% shooting game. but the silver lining is that nene is a beast in the low post. gg diddy, if only i could have stopped bosh and joey nobody or whoever that guy was that torched me!
wanna scrim?

DCX

yeah you're right diddy. 3's are my problem but they are like a drug.... i can't stay away! i'm going to work on taking good shots and not jacking up so many 3's :/

Mrbob

FMT I think you are losing on purpose to try and set me up in our week 2 matchup. You want me to feel like I'll be stealing candy from a baby when we play, and then boom you put up 100 points on me.

Smokey

this stupid ass game is stupid.

it keeps putting offensive awareness at -41. I go in and fix it, save it. Exit out and go back into settings and it's back at fucking -41. It will not save.

DiddyBop

try to not go back,jus flick the analog stick and go back to owner's home,then when it asks ify ou wanna save,just save it again.

i was jk about reset. there has to be a fix for it. i'm not even sure the "-41" is actually having an effect. i don't notice that my offensive awareness would match that -41, and i don't think anyone else has noticed their OA is god awful (which a -41 would be)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well he's saying he does save it, then when he goes back it doesn't work.

be a real pity if we had to start the entire season over :D

a REAL pity!

steve_young.jpg

Smokey

I guess after cussing it out...it decided to save. No telling how long it was at -41. I fixed it when ecnal brought it to my attention a few days ago and went back today to check settings and the stupid shit was back to -41.

After a billion tries all seems to be well.

pheeniks said:
i still can't get in :(

We'll probably have to wait until early next week to see if something can be done.

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was jk about reset. there has to be a fix for it. i'm not even sure the "-41" is actually having an effect. i don't notice that my offensive awareness would match that -41, and i don't think anyone else has noticed their OA is god awful (which a -41 would be)

i'm almost positive this is having an effect on gameplay.

all the games i've played in this new league have had people throwing passes into other players' backs, passes straight out of bounds, on-ball-steals are insanely high right now, etc.

i'm literally getting like 10 on-ball steals a game on people who have 90+ handle.

i stripped wade/calderon/marion in a scrim vs mrbob like 3 possessions in a row, and diddy has seen bibby playing like the glove.

something is definitely up when bibby is almost rocking a tripple-double every game with 10 steals, and some of the best passers in the game are throwing arrant passes every other time.

edit: also, i'm not sure if OA influences this, but many of my plays never go through to fruition. like the cpu just stops moving players, or players wont set screens, etc.

hmmm, now that i think of it my passes with kidd aren't working out as well. i used to be able to run a decent pick and roll last year (although i didn't do it much) and this year the ball always seems to get stripped.

i also noticed my turnovers are nearly doubled this season but didn't think anything of it. my opponents turnovers are up as well.

would this offensive awareness rating have anything to do with my guys getting blocked more? people are averaging almost 10 blocks a game against me.... didn't happen THAT Much last year but i dont see how that should have any effect

ecnal

looks like smokey fixed the OA.

about pheeniks though... i mean, realistically, what is 2K going to be able to do other than say there's a bug not allowing him in the league? can they intervene and force him into the league or something?

ps: lets scrim fmt :D

DCX

DCX
Sorry about earlier Smokey, wife wanted me to pick her up from a party she was supposed to be at longer. Can we try again?

DCX

gg ecnal, let that one slip away :(

and lol @ josh smith. who the fuck is this guy? he warps through your defenders on his way to easy dunks in traffic just like lebron :lol

ecnal

i was playing too sloppy in the begging--wtf was with all my passes hitting your defenders in the back... happened like 3 straight possessions.

josh smith is a certified beast. he out dirk'd dirk. :D

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg ecnal, let that one slip away :(

and lol @ josh smith. who the fuck is this guy? he warps through your defenders on his way to easy dunks in traffic just like lebron :lol
Josh Smith is over powered in the game do to his dunks. The fact that he is money on jumpers also, makes him even better than Kobe and Bron etc. Not to mention he's fast and blocks every shot in sight :/

DCX

i think something is still wrong with offensive awareness. how the fuck does jason kidd get the ball stolen on 2 straight possessions from mike bibby?

mcgirk took care of business, but that 3 pointer off the inbounds pass with a minute or so left in a 1 point game was killer. i tried not to take as many 3's (i only took 12), and it seemed to give me better results. now to figure out my defense.... although if you take away josh smith's "raging bull" style dunks i thought i played pretty decent on D.

p.s. nene had some nice blocks on smith but it just seemed sometimes he wouldn't react very well in the post when smith was running free under the basket. not just nene but any of my guys :(

Mrbob

I think the reason kidd got the ball stripped away is because you suck now. :p

I'll be able to scrimmage against someone in about 40 minutes if they want to throw down and smash my heat.

ecnal

i almost shot 60% for that game...

-you swipe too much for steals (letting me rise straight up over you for an easy jumper).

-your switching to nene/dirk to try and get blocks got predictable so i was intentionally driving to the paint to watch you switch players, then i would pull the ball back out and often had a mismatch.

-j-smoove. can't do anything about it. i mean the dunks are going to happen, but when he starts raining 15-20ft jumpers it's game over.

-also, although not related to d, your offense got predictable. i got a couple key steals in the clutch by fronting dirk at the last second.

and lastly, here's my new fav player posterizing my old work horse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqXKCWghl4 :lol

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
i almost shot 60% for that game...

-you swipe too much for steals (letting me rise straight up over you for an easy jumper).

-your switching to nene/dirk to try and get blocks got predictable so i was intentionally driving to the paint to watch you switch players, then i would pull the ball back out and often had a mismatch.

-j-smoove. can't do anything about it. i mean the dunks are going to happen, but when he starts raining 15-20ft jumpers it's game over.

-also, although not related to d, your offense got predictable. i got a couple key steals in the clutch by fronting dirk at the last second.

and lastly, here's my new fav player posterizing my old work horse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqXKCWghl4 :lol
Damn. Kirk Herbstreet would be proud.

DCX

i have been swiping less lately, and YOU swipe non stop on kidd on almost every possession and it didn't hurt your D, but kidd has a slow release and isn't a very good long range shooter anyways so i wouldn't bother

also yeah i went to dirk too much and there was that stretch in the 3rd where you got a couple steals, but i went back to it with success. just like smith if you can hit outside with dirk there isn't anything you can do about it once he has the ball except hope for a miss.

p.s. at one point i started jumping on smith on purpose and immediately switching to nene underneath knkowing you would try to drive in. that is how i got some stops on smith or he might have had 60! there were times when i timed my jump perfectly or had 2 guys there and he just morphs through them!

Top Bottom