• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have been swiping less lately, and YOU swipe non stop on kidd on almost every possession and it didn't hurt your D, but kidd has a slow release and isn't a very good long range shooter anyways so i wouldn't bother

also yeah i went to dirk too much and there was that stretch in the 3rd where you got a couple steals, but i went back to it with success. just like smith if you can hit outside with dirk there isn't anything you can do about it once he has the ball except hope for a miss.

p.s. at one point i started jumping on smith on purpose and immediately switching to nene underneath knkowing you would try to drive in. that is how i got some stops on smith or he might have had 60! there were times when i timed my jump perfectly or had 2 guys there and he just morphs through them!

too bad manu was cold :(

i like it when josh and manu go for 40 a piece. :D

yeah i lucked out on manu, missed quite a few open shots. i could never get his release down, but i imagine if you get it down he is killer since he has a good driving game as well.

how is that guy who looks like sloth from the goonies on the low post? i saw you didn't use him much but maybe he sucks ass in the post anyhow.

ecnal

:lol :lol :lol

which one? magliore, morris, or pachulia? they're all pretty sloth like :lol

i could use pachulia for offense, but tbh jsmoove is much more consistent from a post up position. i generally just have my centers clear out of the paint to make room for you know who!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think we should start the season over. Eveyone agrees to the same trades, and if we can get the schedule the same we sim the games that have been completed so that we have the same records. Its going to be the only way to get pheeniks into the league.

lol pachulia, ill never forget him doing that on court interview and talking to the fans after game 6 against the celtics. i could only understand 1 thing that fuck was saying :lol

"gooble gobble din rabble GAME 7!!!!!!!!!"

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I think we should start the season over. Eveyone agrees to the same trades, and if we can get the schedule the same we sim the games that have been completed so that we have the same records. Its going to be the only way to get pheeniks into the league.
Ugh, sim the games? Stat whore will hate that. I rather just blow it up and start a new.

DCX

wait, why can't pheeniks get into the league? i don't understand.

i don't want to start over, even though i'm 0-5! i feel like i will dig myself out to get a spot in the playoffs and then who knows!

that's not to say i wouldn't, but if we were going to start over i honestly wouldn't want to be the mavs and i don't want people saying "bah! bullshit you should keep the same team!"

DiddyBop

yea,startin over would cause a lot of arguments, we should just wait and see if the 2k devs respond first about a possible solution.

daw840

I am totally down with starting the league over if it's the only way Pheeniks can get in.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i don't want to start over, even though i'm 0-5! i feel like i will dig myself out to get a spot in the playoffs and then who knows!

that's not to say i wouldn't, but if we were going to start over i honestly wouldn't want to be the mavs and i don't want people saying "bah! bullshit you should keep the same team!"

You should be able to switch teams if you want, just not one that someone has already picked. You will be, in effect, pushing yourself to dead last in the draft! ;)

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Play me bitch tits!

DCX

:(

Sorry guys

I would have thrown starting again out there but I didn't know if Smokey had time to do that. But at least FMT can get another try!!

well the other teams i wanted no one chose anyways.

but lets just see if 2k responds. they are usually good about solving these problems and getting back to us. there has to be a way to get him into the league.

Mrbob

Yeah I don't want to be a dick about it but I'm against restarting. Some people are done with week 1 already, I made a ton of rister moves which will take forever to get done, and getting everyone to sign up again will take forever. Plus there aren't any guarantees pheeniks 360 will hold up as it keeps on breaking down. :(

Hopefully 2K can get him back in.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
There would be NO switching teams because we need to have the exact same trades etc.
I like my team and how things are. Just feel bad that pheeniks can't get in.

i bet we could get everyone signed in by tomorrow if we started now and especially if everyone does their trades ASAP. it'd be faster than if we have to wait for monday night...

and tehy exchanged xboxes so i don't have a refurbished. i'm not so worried now

DiddyBop

id be willing to do the quick restart tonight,but i still think we should wait for a response,then if they cant help us we do the restart.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wait for a response. Then we will see about other options.

I guess Pheeniks could always just play randoms online. That sounds like fun.

I'm around tonight Zep and Cerrius. If you see me on Live shoot me a message and we can play.

Mrbob

If we do a restart it should be now. It's a waste of time to play any more league games if we are starting over.

i can wait for a response. thing is, it may not come till monday night. and then, what CAN they do?

but i don't wanna fuck up anything more!

DiddyBop

smokey and the admins should send PMs to every player in the L and tell them to sign up for the new league by monday. if they send it out tonight and create the new league tonight,we should get it mostly filled by monday im sure.

we still haven't heard from smokey and he is the commish!

p.s. didn't someone cousin also want to play? maybe we have room for barrage and that guy so we can bring it up to 24?

Smokey

Don't say I've never done anything for you pheeniks.

The schedule will not be the same unless I go through and manually set 30 games for all 24 teams and I don't have the time for that.

But trades etc., will need to be done again.

And everybody will need to resign in by Monday so we can move on to week 2 by Friday..

Smokey said:
Don't say I've never done anything for you pheeniks.

The schedule will not be the same unless I go through and manually set 30 games for all 24 teams and I don't have the time for that.

But trades etc., will need to be done again.

<3

Smokey

pheeniks...either the 2k gods are smiling or just a coincidence but I went back into our league for one last try to re-send you an invite...and it went through.

So log into 2k9 and check under invitations to see if it's there.

I sent you a msg on XBL with the password.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
pheeniks...either the 2k gods are smiling or just a coincidence but I went back into our league for one last try to re-send you an invite...and it went through.

So log into 2k9 and check under invitations to see if it's there.

I sent you a msg on XBL with the password.

Oh that would be awesome. We get everyone all talking about a restart and then Pheeniks gets in. I would much rather find a way to get Pheeniks in then restart.

Where has Konex been though? Was he even in last season?

Smokey

Truelize said:
Oh that would be awesome. We get everyone all talking about a restart and then Pheeniks gets in. I would much rather find a way to get Pheeniks in then restart.

Where has Konex been though? Was he even in last season?

I sent him a PM he said this weekend he would have his internet back...and that was earlier this week. I just sent him another PM asking if he's in or not, otherwise we'll get a replacement.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
wow. i saw the invitation, got excited, pressed A to join, and after 5 seconds it tells me I have no invitations

FU 2k

Dang.

Smokey said:
I sent him a PM he said this weekend he would have his internet back...and that was earlier this week. I just sent him another PM asking if he's in or not, otherwise we'll get a replacement.

Being without the interwebs is tough. Hopefully we can find out quick so we can get everything all fixed, up and running.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
wow. i saw the invitation, got excited, pressed A to join, and after 5 seconds it tells me I have no invitations

FU 2k

It says you're in as the Grizzlies....

once you accept the invite you don't have to do anything else.

pheeniks said:
um....JK LOLZ. i didn't enter a pass

i'm in bitches!

Yeah if you get an invite directly from me you don't have to enter the password. forgot to mention that :lol

Smokey

LOL I wonder if something happened behind the scenes or something with those emails. I did list your GT pheeniks.

B/c I know we were trying over and over the other day and it wouldn't do shit.

Top Bottom