• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg cb, i was getting absolutely abused on the boards by your guys on offense :lol

when i saw that white dude on your team do a rebound/dunk animation on nene i said this is not my game to win :/

i think i might tweak my lineup a bit and somehow get dirk, bass, and nene on the floor at the same time. helps my defense out a lot and my rebounding!

571373489_edb12ea037_m.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
Truelize, the problem isn't that you abused. The problem is you didn't care about breaking the rule. Even when nearing 50 PIP you were still shotfaking with LeBron and driving into the paint for dunks and whatnot.

What's the point of rules if they can be broken? When I play a league game I'm expected to abide by rules and I try my best to do so.

If that means taking jumpshots on fastbreaks to avoid going over the total PIP, then so be it.

If I knew I could go for layups and dunks on fastbreaks and not have it harm my PIP total, then I'd do it every single time instead of taking my step back threes and jumpshots.

I want my win. Rules are rules.

I didn't care? Screw you man. There isn't anyone here that cares more about these rules and this league than I do. I've been working 5 years to get a manual defense rule made and it finally happens now. And I was 3.5 points over the limit. I'll give you a rematch. Cause I'm sure that 3.5 points made a big difference in your 13 point loss. If I had lost like you did, pride would keep me from saying anything. Because we both know that 3.5 points made zero difference to the outcome of that game.

And...I had 4 points in the paint with James in the 4th quarter and neither was a pump fake and drive. And I had no clue that I was even near the limit.

I'll give you a rematch but there is no way I'm giving you a win after that poor display. I have taken some garbage losses against you and your isomotion/drive ways. You want a win? Earn it.

My favorite part of the 4th quarter is when you knew you were done and how you actually moved guys out of defensive position when I was coming down court. Like you knew how many points in the paint I had and you were giving me opportunities to go over the limit.

Hey if you can't earn the win, whine for it.

Like I said. You want the win. Take it. I'll play you tomorrow.

Game has been reset.

ecnal

uhhhhhhh... wtf just happened?

we played 3 games, one of them has entirely disappeared and now the other one is simmed with me still losing :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ecnal said:
uhhhhhhh... wtf just happened?

we played 3 games, one of them has entirely disappeared and now the other one is simmed with me still losing :lol

Yeah I just left it reset for now. I tried to sim it to determine winner but it would just keep putting it back to Memphis winning. It probably has to be done in game. Not much is working on the site right now as far as admin stuff is concerned. Fix it tomorrow.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ecnal said:
you deleted bibby's 32 point, 10 assist game... :(

haha. Sadness. I know how you feel. Anytime a game was simmed for me last season it would drop Lebron's scoring average way down. I wanted that title. :(

Smokey

Ah...lovely PIP arguments. Good thing it's much easier this season.

There can be no asterisks because then everybody who went over would be complaining and claiming innocence. Last few seasons okay...there was cause for legitimate confusion. This season? Negative. I clearly spelled it out in the OP.

If the PIP section lists 50+ and you're under 100 points then it's a L.

It's not hard. There is no spectator mode and therefor this PIP rule is all we have. The he said she said is irrelevant to me...b/c I didn't see it. I was out waxing some ass while you all were playing so I dunno what went on during your game(s).

It is what it is.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
just got home... i need to quit this life i have and enjoy this saturday night 2k greatness... lmao at all the quotables....

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just want to reiterate that I think the PIP rule is bullshit. And I think Cerrius is a whiny bitch. First, he whines and gets a win against me last season. Now, he whines about Truelize. Saying we abused the PIP is a joke. And since it is the first week, and I find this PIP rule to be a hindrance to me (and others), I seriously doubt I will enjoy this game with the PIP limit looming over my head every game. Stats don't lie. Real life or not: breaking 50 points in PIP does not equate victory.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
all jokes aside.... if there is a rule its a rule... that simple... i dont care what way the rule is interpreted or how the game played out.

When you start throwing the shades of gray around, thats when things get out of hand like right now.

is the rule perfect? no,
is it needed, unfortunately yes....

i purposely avoid points in the paint when i have a man wide open under the basket, i will pass out and wait to get an open J... its what i need to do to abide by the rules and everyone else needs to do the same.

On the other hand, dont go through the game like nancy drew trying to play hall monitor to the rule.

I remember playing someone this last week and at some point in the game they pause the damn game to check and look at the team stats and points in the paint. wtf... Play the damn game and if at the end the person broke the rules so be it. they will forfeit the win.

DenogginizerOS

Malleymal said:
all jokes aside.... if there is a rule its a rule... that simple... i dont care what way the rule is interpreted or how the game played out.

When you start throwing the shades of gray around, thats when things get out of hand like right now.

is the rule perfect? no,

i purposely avoid points in the paint when i have a man wide open under the basket, i will pass out and wait to get an open J... its what i need to do to abide by the rules and everyone else needs to do the same.

On the other hand, dont go through the game like nancy drew trying to play hall monitor to the rule.

I remember playing someone this last week and at some point in the game they pause the damn game to check and look at the team stats and points in the paint. wtf... Play the damn game and if at the end the person broke the rules so be it. they will forfeit the win.
That is defeatist and absolutely goes against the spirit of basketball.

Zep

Banned
Malleymal said:
they pause the damn game to check and look at the team stats and points in the paint. wtf... Play the damn game and if at the end the person broke the rules so be it. they will forfeit the win.

ain't that the fuckin truth...

magic cavs celtics...?

AirBrian

Malleymal said:

is the rule perfect? no,

No need to make fun of Nancy Drew. The crazy ho solves mysteries. Mysteries!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
I didn't care? Screw you man. There isn't anyone here that cares more about these rules and this league than I do. I've been working 5 years to get a manual defense rule made and it finally happens now. And I was 3.5 points over the limit. I'll give you a rematch. Cause I'm sure that 3.5 points made a big difference in your 13 point loss. If I had lost like you did, pride would keep me from saying anything. Because we both know that 3.5 points made zero difference to the outcome of that game.

:lol :lol :lol

You don't realize that alot of those stepback threes and jumpers I took on the fastbreak would've been dunks and layups if I didn't care about the rule and I easily would've had the lead.

The excuse that you were "only" 3.5 points over the limit is invalid. You broke the rule, there are no shades of grey. I worked to stay under it and you didn't care.

Oh and this quote....

Truelize said:
Hey if you can't earn the win, whine for it.

You should know, you're the master of it.

Just the other day you were whining to me about Smokey taking excessive threes or some shit :lol

it's about that time in the season again. every needs to STFU and group hug!

actually I think that was in the actual NBA thread

and yeah, I found it difficult to play in the last two games. if you notice, Gasol and Haddadi had way less attempts and points...i have two bigs that can score down low, all their points should be coming IN the paint, but I can't take advantage of the size...because of some PIP rule.

whatever guys, when the playoffs come (you know i'm going to be there) i'm going to have sun looking like the chinese magic, OJ and rudy looking like jordan and pippen, and my gasol and haddadi twin towers looking like olajuwon and sampson

or not. looks like some of the games were edited

DCX

DCX
So hold on, the PIP dont include second chance points anymore? Wow. I try to keep mine to a minimum but when i get an offensive rebound under the basket i try to score imediately due to the second chance points rule which takes away from the total. Oh well. I guess a rule is a rule. Moving along.

DCX

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
it's about that time in the season again. every needs to STFU and group hug!

stupid part is Truelize actually thinks I care about win/loss. :lol

oh noes my 2K "pride" won't allow me to say anythingz!111

Thanks for bringing that up DCX.

Please please please include second chance points. You know there's a reason I have two 7 footers and a 6'9 SF in the lineup right? Because I take a lot of shots with Mayo and Gay, I count on my bigs to get a rebound and put it back. That's exactly why I have two 7 footers

I'm putting Gasol at PF when I could easily put someone faster and a cheesier dunker like Warrick at PF. But my playstyle is to grind this game out with my big guys (anyone who knows me knows that I play a slow pace) unless I want to run. and the points I have in the paint are totally legit, it's not like gasol/haddadi are power players down there :lol

I'm pissed that I have the game getting taken from me. Ecnal pointed out 22 of my first 29 were in the paint...yeah, so what? I have 2 jump shooters on my team and 2 post presences. in real life you always feed the post first and then work outside. this is common knowledge and no one can dispute this.

and plus, I don't have anyone on my team that can score at will. fucking tim duncan made everything against me, so did Al jefferson, and so did josh smith surprisingly.

CERRIUS LETS PLAY

DenogginizerOS

Cerrius said:
stupid part is Truelize actually thinks I care about win/loss. :lol

oh noes my 2K "pride" won't allow me to say anythingz!111
So, why say anything? If he legitimately beat you and you don't care, I fail to understand why you would point out the PIP. Just to be a twat, perhaps?

Mrbob

The reason 2nd chance isn't included is simple...guys we had this discussion already in this very thread. :lol

Get a rebound, you kick it out to an open 3, hit. That's 3 points added to your second chance.

It's way too easy to cheese down under in this game. It's almost an automatic score every single time. I don't see what the issue is. The rule was posted on the front page of the league since day one.

Airbrian I don't know if I can play today sorry.

strikeselect

DenogginizerOS said:
So, why say anything? If he legitimately beat you and you don't care, I fail to understand why you would point out the PIP. Just to be a twat, perhaps?

You still butthurt from last season? :lol

DenogginizerOS

Cerrius said:
You still butthurt from last season? :lol
Fuck you.

You play so innocent but I am not buying it. You knew that True went over but you came into this thread last night like: "Pardon me, Smokey. Could you, by chance, clarify the rule that we have thouroughly discussed and is clearly stated on the rules page? I don't want to sound like a dick and cry to you for the win so I am going to feign stupidity and ask for help here."

please

Mrbob said:
It's way too easy to cheese down under in this game. It's almost an automatic score every single time. I don't see what the issue is. The rule was posted on the front page of the league since day one.

Yeah it sure if is you have Beasley, Duncan, Jefferson, Howard, Smith, etc. Ask anyone I've played if I have the advantage of a "unstoppable player"

And I'm often playing from behind because most of you play at such a fast pace and are money with wing players' shots. When you miss a shot and I have the paint open in transition I should always take what's there, especially if i'm down. ANd when OJ is going cold what the fuck else can I do

strikeselect

DenogginizerOS said:
Fuck you.

You play so innocent but I am not buying it. You knew that True went over but you came into this thread last night like: "Pardon me, Smokey. Could you, by chance, clarify the rule that we have thouroughly discussed and is clearly stated on the rules page? I don't want to sound like a dick and cry to you for the win so I am going to feign stupidity and ask for help here."

please

Fuck you too. :lol

It's not about wins. It's about enforcing the fucking rules.

Plain and simple. If True can go over 50 PIP because he felt it was "fair" then what kind of precedent does that set for the rest of the league?

DenogginizerOS

Cerrius said:

Plain and simple. If True can go over 50 PIP because he felt it was "fair" then what of kind of precedent does that set for the rest of the league?
The rule is skewed towards a certain type of play. It defeats the point of having a large presence in the paint. No wonder so many of you are solidifying your perimeter shooting and D; you have a virtual inside defender in the paint every game limiting the option to go low or score a layup on a fast break now.

DCX

DCX
fuck you all, it's a videogame! Give me a break, here's a suggestion. No second chance points, bring the PIP total to 55. Over 100 give an extra 5. OT extra 10. Done.

iraq_soldier_cries.jpg

I say change the League thread to GAF Season 7 of resets, tears and bitchness :D

DCX

DenogginizerOS

My beef is more with the people than the rule. I have no doubt that Truelize fought to win that game in an honorable way. I would say most in this league would agree. I understand there is a rule, and that rule is in place to protect against a certain type of play, but we all joined this league to avoid that type of play. We don't need a rule. If we do, then what does that say about us? We can't help ourselves? But for Cerrius to come into this thread and insult our intelligence and ask for clarification on a rule that was discussed and is clearly stated on the rules page is what agitates me.

AirBrian

DCX said:
fuck you all, it's a videogame! Give me a break, here's a suggestion. No second chance points, bring the PIP total to 55. Over 100 give an extra 5. OT extra 10. Done.

http://www.pigbird.com/images_war/iraq_soldier_cries.jpg

I say change the League thread to GAF Season 7 of resets, tears and bitchness :D

DCX
But then what happens when someone has 56 PIP? "It's only 1 point over!" :lol

Rules are rules and they suck. But either we follow them or we don't.

DenogginizerOS said:
Fuck you.

please
Cerrius said:

Plain and simple. If True can go over 50 PIP because he felt it was "fair" then what kind of precedent does that set for the rest of the league?

haha.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol delicious.

commodusthumbsdown.jpg

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
My beef is more with the people than the rule. I have no doubt that Truelize fought to win that game in an honorable way. I would say most in this league would agree. I understand there is a rule, and that rule is in place to protect against a certain type of play, but we all joined this league to avoid that type of play. We don't need a rule. If we do, then what does that say about us? We can't help ourselves? But for Cerrius to come into this thread and insult our intelligence and ask for clarification on a rule that was discussed and is clearly stated on the rules page is what agitates me.
I agree, but unfortunately not everyone in this league plays like this. I forget who it was last season (and honestly I didn't care that much because I had such a horrible season), but a few times I was down big late in the game and my opponent was still chucking up 3s. Fuck that. If any prick does that this season, I'm calling your ass out. We're here to avoid that crap, not play like random lobby games.

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:
The rule is skewed towards a certain type of play. It defeats the point of having a large presence in the paint. No wonder so many of you are solidifying your perimeter shooting and D; you have a virtual inside defender in the paint every game limiting the option to go low or score a layup on a fast break now.

How does it defeat that point at all? In a league where the scoring average is under 80 points a game, how is 50 PIP not enough? You can work the post for 30 points a game with your dominant post player, and still have plenty of room available for easy 2nd chance putbacks and stay at (or under) the PIP limit.

Pheeniks, I know what you mean about Richardson. Cerrius killed me with him in a scrimmage the other day.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
This is truth. Fastbreaks are a way of the game and if i was one point from breaking the rule i have to pull it out? It's dumb, but its videogames. Just like Madden and certain plays etc.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

Birdman02 said:
How does it defeat that point at all? In a league where the scoring average is under 80 points a game, how is 50 PIP not enough? You can work the post for 30 points a game with your dominant post player, and still have plenty of room available for easy 2nd chance putbacks and stay at (or under) the PIP limit.
If you can prove to me that having more than 50 PIP in a game equals victory every time, then I will agree that 50 is enough.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
:lol :lol :lol

You don't realize that alot of those stepback threes and jumpers I took on the fastbreak would've been dunks and layups if I didn't care about the rule and I easily would've had the lead.

You take those threes because that is your game. You don't take layups and dunks man. And I don't believe for a second that you changed your game due to the rule.

Honestly Cerrius your style is the least sim out of everyone in the league. Has been for a long time. You trying to say that standing at the top of the three point line, calling an isolation play with Wade and then doing 2 or 3 isomotion moves so that you can get a dunk is sim is mindblowing.... At one time you all you used to do was hit the Y button to do a spin move in the post with KG (and that year our battle over it forced you out of the league). Then you would only control your PG and slack way down into the post and double a player without the ball. You've always done things differently.
I'm not calling you cheese. So don't get all defensive. But taking fastbreak three pointers with McCants and Beasley is not sim. It works though, can't argue with that.

But don't try to say that you would normally take dunks but the rule forced you to take 30 fastbreak threes in the corner with Beasley.

Cerrius said:
The excuse that you were "only" 3.5 points over the limit is invalid. You broke the rule, there are no shades of grey. I worked to stay under it and you didn't care.

You never worked to stay under it you didn't need to. And I didn't have a clue that I was near it. I never paused the game to check the numbers. I figured that I was well under it. Was expecting something like 42 at the most. I had scored a lot of points. The only time I worry about the rule is when I'm getting a lot of lag, I'm not hitting my shots and I need to go to the hoop a lot to stay in the game. I've come really close to breaking the rule before because of that. But I wasn't getting any lag this game.

[/quote=Cerrius]You should know, you're the master of it.[/QUOTE]

I am the master of complaining. I care about the rules of fair play more than anyone here. I wasn't trying to break a rule in that game. Like I said before I got a lot of points off of your bad shots that led to fastbreaks. It's a shame that what was a great game is tainted by me going 3.5 points over a limit.

Rules are rules sure. But as a co-commish I think the rule is broken in some instances. I think a deciding factor should be margin of victory. If my points over the limit are taken away I still win easily.
If you don't care about the win/loss then why did you run in here so quick? If you had beat me like I beat you I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have said anything. Maybe I would have run in here and bitched out of competitive nature. But after my opponent asked if I could honestly say that I lost the game because of the points in the paint, I would have to say "no I didn't". I would have still lost.

Giving a forfeit win when the points in the paint did not decide the outcome doesn't make sense.

Just the other day you were whining to me about Smokey taking excessive threes or some shit :lol

And this is a lie. The last time we have talked on AIM is Novemeber 16th 2008. I have never ever talked to you about anything regarding this league. And I would never go to you with complaints about someone else. I don't even talk to you at all. We both know we don't mesh well. I'm cool with that. But don't try to call me out as a backstabber over this PIP issue. Not cool.

If you really think you ONLY lost that game because I abused the points in the paint then I'll give you the win. But you better be crystal clear the rest of the season. Like I better not get a single PM this season about you bending/breaking any of the rules.

If you want to replay the game out and have a nice angry battle then I'm all for that too.

Think about it Cerrius. I have beat you twice. EVER. That couldn't have been easy to take. I'm sure you were ticked at the end because you lost. You saw the PIP total and were excited cause you can stick it to me and just take the win anyways. I've had that feeling once. But I kept my mouth closed on the one occasion because I didn't think it would have changed anything.

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:
If you can prove to me that having more than 50 PIP in a game equals victory every time, then I will agree that 50 is enough.

I'm not saying it equals a win every time (especially in real life), but it's waaaaaayyy to easy to score inside buckets in this game even if you're running plays to get them, so there has to be some type of limit on it.

strikeselect

DenogginizerOS said:

What agitates me is that Truelize was able to dunk and layup at will on fastbreaks knowing full well he didn't care if he passed the PIP limit.

I held back on my fastbreaks because I didn't want to go over the limit. If I knew I could get at least 56 PIP like Tru did, I would've attacked the paint alot more and taken advantage of my fastbreak opportunities.

All I want are the rules to be enforced so there's equal ground for both players to win the game. You can't have an admin going around breaking the rules declaring it was "fair" for him to break them when the other player didn't know it was ok to go over the limit.

Truelize said:
And this is a lie. The last time we have talked on AIM is Novemeber 16th 2008. I have never ever talked to you about anything regarding this league. And I would never go to you with complaints about someone else. I don't even talk to you at all. We both know we don't mesh well. I'm cool with that. But don't try to call me out as a backstabber over this PIP issue. Not cool.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. I messaged you on Xbox Live asking if we could play after you were done with Smokey and you told me something to the effect of "not tonight, smokey is shooting excessive threes"

I don't claim the wording is correct but you DID bitch about Smokey's three point shooting habits. :lol

viakado said:

bring it bitch

Also, if you want my opinion---we have to lower speed. HAVE TO. Fastbreaks happens in the NBA, and you should fastbreak if you get in position to, but it's not fair for the team that was on offense. Watching cerrius play, the moment I shoot that ball, one of his players always takes off before I have time to react. I know you have O-Tempo at 100 and that's fine, but I personally think the player running the break has an advantage

and what the fuck is up with mike miller and carney and mccants wtf. props for figuring those scrubs out

and sorry true i agree with cerrius just this once. rules are rules, if i'm getting bitchslapped so should you

DenogginizerOS

Birdman02 said:
I'm not saying it equals a win every time (especially in real life), but it's waaaaaayyy to easy to score inside buckets in this game even if you're running plays to get them, so there has to be some type of limit on it.
Of the 70+ points Cerrius scored in a single game with a single player, how many were PIP? Which is easier: running screen plays to free up high percentage shooters or giving it to a big man down low to score? I would argue the results indicate that one can just as easily exploit the boost they get from running plays as they can exploit any inside game. And if I were playing a team that could outshoot me from the perimeter, I would bust it low every chance I could get to counter their advantage. By limiting this, you are hamstringing a team's response to Cerrius' style of play.

Top Bottom