• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

i'm good either way. i have gone over 50 points 1 times in two seasons (the game against daw), but we need to have a set rule. we can't say "well if the other guy agrees there was no cheese" etc. we have to have a set % or set points and just stick to that, otherwise there are too many questions on what happened and if the rules were broken

when i played true just now in our first scrim, the majority of my points were in the paint.....and it was a low scoring game. and i definitely was not forcing the issue. i think it was like 42/78

yes! the monkey is off my back i finally won a game! 1 point OT victory!

i think i finally figured out how to KIND of slow down the suns, although it's still just a roll of the dice.

dm got mcgirk'd.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes! the monkey is off my back i finally won a game! 1 point OT victory!

i think i finally figured out how to KIND of slow down the suns, although it's still just a roll of the dice.

dm got mcgirk'd.

:lol Fucking Dirk got hot in the 4th, but then tried to choke away the game in OT! Misses a key FT with an MVP chant going :lol ISSSS SOOO REEAAAL!

How do you like Kapono?

also, in our OT game me and DM had 36 points in the paint (for me) and 20 points in the paint for him :lol

dm loves him some outside shooting! i swear shaq travels down on the post. its like he does a drop step, he gets under the rim, and then he takes another step to lay it in. CALL IT REFS!

p.s. malley let me see what time my buddies are coming over for the superbowl and if i have enough time

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ill be in the lobby in like 5 mins.. anyone want to scrimm shoot me a challenge

you know what.. I am forgetting all about that... i dont know if I can complete a whole game either.. maybe after the office tonight

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i swear shaq travels down on the post. its like he does a drop step, he gets under the rim, and then he takes another step to lay it in. CALL IT REFS!

w0koiw.jpg

DMczaf said:
:lol Fucking Dirk got hot in the 4th, but then tried to choke away the game in OT! Misses a key FT with an MVP chant going :lol ISSSS SOOO REEAAAL!

How do you like Kapono?

let's play before te game

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
malley im in the lobby, if we start in the next couple mins ill play otherwise ill take a raincheck!

you know what.. I am forgetting all about that... i dont know if I can complete a whole game either.. maybe after the office tonight

ill play you big boy

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i swear shaq travels down on the post. its like he does a drop step, he gets under the rim, and then he takes another step to lay it in. CALL IT REFS!

If it's in the game. It's in the game!

ecnal

pheeniks said:
and for someone to say i play manual D 50% of the time is BS. you guys know I do and the proof is that i am horrible. i jump at everything

i wish true didn't delete that game where bibby shot 87% and dropped 32.

you switch off the ball honestly like 10 times in one possession... it's insane. i realize you are trying to cut passing lanes off in plays and what not, but sometimes i don't even understand what you're doing.

switching to gasol, switching to gay on the opposite side of the court, trying to run mayo off his man to the middle of the court, etc. most of the time i don't know wtf you're doing. even on iso plays you're constantly switching off the ball to other defenders when no one is moving on the court.

that game where bibby dropped 32, i didn't run a single play. i set my RUN PLAY slider to 100% and watched you run around like a chicken with its head cut off, which left bibby wide open or let me demolish a CPU controlled sun. bibby literally standing in one spot for 20 seconds and being left wide open is beyond me. if you played on-ball-d that couldn't have even happened...

i honestly don't care how you play D when you make bibby look like stockton, but don't expect me to play on-ball-d 100% in our next meeting if you don't return the favor.

also don't take this the wrong way. honestly, if you played on-ball-d more you probably would have won a game, but your style is your style. just sayin'.

what are you talking about? bibby was open because i kept jumping around with the guy covering him. that's why he kept getting open. anyone who plays me knows i do this

don't make stuff up

and last night you said half the time i camp in the paint with a center. today i switch around with everyone. make up your mind as to what you saw.

there is no way to play on the ball D 100% of the time against a team who shoots well and passes the ball well. the last couple games against DM i played on the ball D on 100% of every possession and i got fucked. in this last game i played a mix of man and zone and i was switching to the guy where i thought he would rotate the ball around to before it got there. helped me to get some stops!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Viakado

No idea what the hell happened there. I had to reset my modem and router just to get Live to reconnect. It kept disconnecting me in the 2K menus. Oh well. I need to finish cooking dinner now. We can try to play it tomorrow or another time this week.

I wonder if Time Warner is punishing me for dropping their cable service this week. :lol

ecnal

pheeniks said:
what are you talking about? bibby was open because i kept jumping around with the guy covering him. that's why he kept getting open. anyone who plays me knows i do this

don't make stuff up

and last night you said half the time i camp in the paint with a center. today i switch around with everyone. make up your mind as to what you saw.

well, initially when i said half the time you camped the paint we had only played 1 game. the other two games changed that. you only camped the paint sometimes, not half the time. i mean you even got called for a defensive 3 seconds for it, which, you know, only happens when a user controlled defender is standing in the paint with no offensive player around--aka camping the paint.

it's all good though man. i honestly don't care. the only thing that really bothered me was the game you broke the PIP rule. other than that, the other games were fine. speaking of other games, where is the other game we played? smokey; you waiting to give me the win after this week is over?

Zep

Banned
Smokey, we gotta talk...

Since the Steelers won, Im not gonna be here for a week. Hawaii..HERE I COME(AGAIN) :D

Zep

Banned
i shouldnt miss any time...becuase of the week ending on the 6th. Just gotta get these guys denog, konex, true and daw...Been trying all week :|

and FMT...if you can provide your own plane trip! But booooooooy, Mmmmmm they ain't ready. just cant forget my hanes tighty whities..

when does the league advance again smokey? friday??

i think i'm back on track now. i've played about 10 exhibition games or so and thing i finally have a grasp on what i need to do to stay in the game and give myself a chance to win. i won't be blowing anyone out this year, but i shouldn't get stomped in 5 straight games again!

Top Bottom