• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I need Pau Back :( I have NO Big men at all without him.

Im gonna Chris Brown all you bastards when i get him back

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm pretty sure the orlando magic are in need of an owner. are you interested?

kirby's cousin is the magic owner.

Well just let me know through PM if there's a way I can join or something can be worked out.

CB3 said:
I need Pau Back :( I have NO Big men at all without him.

Im gonna Chris Brown all you bastards when i get him back
im so tempted to rejoin. pick the spurs. make a trade with you involving kevin love.:lol

is it weird i miss trade negotiations more than i miss playing? :/

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i should have pau back by the end of next week at the latest.

until then....

571373489_edb12ea037_m.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Does anyone know a way to use a different team's playbook?

The feature to change playbooks through the coaching sliders menu seems glitched, doesn't work. it's been like that since launch :-\

You bastards calling Al Jefferson cheese....he will make you pay!

And please, everybody has a fucking cheese player :lol
JOSH SMITH

Mrbob

Pheeniks I have already claimed GM of the year sorry friend. :D

It is just a shame I can't play very well. If I can merge my GM talents with a good player we could win the title every season!

pheeniks said:
kado after my next winning streak i want this pic in there

IMG]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f5/fullj.25c4a3d3f09244931f4d22d479592372/25c4a3d3f09244931f4d22d479592372-getty-83008078jm026_clippers_grizz.jpg[/IMG]

look at the empty stands :lol

non allstars dont make the frontpage.

Mrbob said:
Pheeniks I have already claimed GM of the year sorry friend. :D
we should have a vote of GMoY award. and i'll post the winner at season's end!

ecnal

Cerrius said:
Does anyone know a way to use a different team's playbook?

The feature to change playbooks through the coaching sliders menu seems glitched, doesn't work. it's been like that since launch :-\

i've tried everything to make this work for the league.

i can use other playbooks in online matches (player or ranked) but it doesn't work for the league...

i wish there was a work around :(

Mrbob

Yes vote for me so I can actually win something! :lol

I spent about 45 minutes messing around with pick and roll plays with all my players. I think my problem is I play too much like college ball with my team. Start with the PG, pass it around try to find an open shot. NBA ball is all about 1 and 1 matchups and abusing your opponents with your superstar players so this is what I will focus on now. Also, constantly calling screens till your shooter is open. I still can't figure out how to do a pick and pop though. My forward sets the screen, and then doesn't pop out to the open for me. :/ I will keep going till I get it!

Mrbob said:
Yes vote for me so I can actually win something! :lol

I spent about 45 minutes messing around with pick and roll plays with all my players. I think my problem is I play too much like college ball with my team. Start with the PG, pass it around try to find an open shot. NBA ball is all about 1 and 1 matchups and abusing your opponents with your superstar players so this is what I will focus on now. Also, constantly calling pick and rolls till your shooter is open. I still can't figure out how to do a pick and pop though. My forward sets the screen, and then doesn't pop out to the open for me. :/ I will keep going till I get it!

Should've kept Beascheese!

Mrbob

Heck no, I would be limited in what I can do.

Time to take Marion to the rack more, and wade as well. I can also use odom down low, and I have plans for horford as well.

If there was a silver lining on the game where I got destroyed by the Hawks, it was that I finally started hitting some shots with calderon. His shoosting arc is odd, but I think I'm starting to get it down.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ecnal said:
i've tried everything to make this work for the league.

i can use other playbooks in online matches (player or ranked) but it doesn't work for the league...

i wish there was a work around :(

yeah it sucks. 2K really disappointed me this year, so many bugs and gameplay issues I'm not happy about.

twolves playbook is garbage for the players I have right now.

ecnal

Cerrius said:
yeah it sucks. 2K really disappointed me this year, so many bugs and gameplay issues I'm not happy about.

twolves playbook is garbage for the players I have right now.

i hear you man. this year was the only year in, i dunno, 8 years that i actually played nba live with the intention of making it my basketball game of choice.

2K8 was so close to perfection... wtf happened :/

conex, spurs owner, or charsace:

i'm around now if you guys can play!

p.s. i fucking hated NBA 2k8... i dont know maybe if i went back to it now it might not be so bad but the spacing was awful, the defense was cheesy at times, and i had no fun playing in the league. not sure what has changed but i like 2k9 a lot

Birdman02

Jazz
Nets
Heat
Spurs
Lakers

Anyone on my schedule around tonight?

Also, Malley is banned until May, so hit him up on AIM to schedule your games with him.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Daw you around at all tonight? I'm here and can play, and I can play Wednesday. But other than that my week is pretty much booked.

gg chars, i kept getting close then you'd pull away :(

p.s. please ban replays during league play. i know it was a "kobe" style foul but who gives a shit no one wants to sit and watch that while you rewind it over and over. unless you had never seen that animation before....

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg chars, i kept getting close then you'd pull away :(

p.s. please ban replays during league play. i know it was a "kobe" style foul but who gives a shit no one wants to sit and watch that while you rewind it over and over. unless you had never seen that animation before....
I do it in every game. Why u hatin dog!?!

Top Bottom