• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

devin HARRIS wasn't what beat me though. it was second chance points and defensive breakdowns. i dont know what it is about my team, but i'll knock balls away for potential steals and the other team still gets it back, or ill dive for a loose ball to knock it back in and the other team gets it back, or ill block a shot and it goes right into the other teams hands.

meh, what can i do!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
devin HARRIS wasn't what beat me though. it was second chance points and defensive breakdowns. i dont know what it is about my team, but i'll knock balls away for potential steals and the other team still gets it back, or ill dive for a loose ball to knock it back in and the other team gets it back, or ill block a shot and it goes right into the other teams hands.

meh, what can i do!

Yea, that shit happens to me constantly as well...:(

FrenchMovieTheme said:

meh, what can i do!

That shit was happening to me until I got Al Jefferson. He's not even the one that gets loose balls but somehow my team doesn't get owned by that bullshit anymore :lol

daw840

Smokey said:
daw are you around to play..?

Just got home. Got to see if my buddy is working tonight. If he isn't I am going to go over there and try to get a couple of games in. No guarantees though. Still looking for a house and just got a new job last week so things have been a little rough.

That, and I am on hold to speak with an IRS representative so it could be tomorrow.:lol

Smokey

daw840 said:
Just got home. Got to see if my buddy is working tonight. If he isn't I am going to go over there and try to get a couple of games in. No guarantees though. Still looking for a house and just got a new job last week so things have been a little rough.

That, and I am on hold to speak with an IRS representative so it could be tomorrow.:lol

Well hopefully we can play tonight. You are the last game on my schedule and the rest of the week I'll be pretty much unavailable.

Mrbob

Kotex I don't know if I'll be able to play tonight. Not feeling very well today and I'm a little worn down to play a NBA game. We'll see!

Might have to hold of the game until after Damages is over tommorrow night.

Oh and Pacers player (Birdy?) we still need to get our game in as well.

Mrbob

I do have a question about playing 3-2 zone.

Why does my AI act like class A idiots when it comes to zone play?

I'll have calderon at the top of the 3 point key, and wade should be in the upper corner guarding. Yet Wade AI runs to the top of the 3 key for double coverage leaving the corner open. I then move calderon manually to the upper corner, switch back to Wade at the top of the key, and Calderon runs back to the top of the key as well leaving my upper corner exposed. Help defense is turned down, I don't understand what is going on and why they act like idiots and don't stay in their zone.

that is my problem with the zone as well. which is precisely why you cannot play effective "on ball coverage" when playing zone.

p.s. conex can you play tonight?

and do we have any clarification on the spurs owner?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is my problem with the zone as well. which is precisely why you cannot play effective "on ball coverage" when playing zone.

p.s. conex can you play tonight?

and do we have any clarification on the spurs owner?

Barrage is supposed to be it...but he has yet to give me his GT so I can send him an invite...

Mrbob said:

I'll have calderon at the top of the 3 point key, and wade should be in the upper corner guarding. Yet Wade AI runs to the top of the 3 key for double coverage leaving the corner open. I then move calderon manually to the upper corner, switch back to Wade at the top of the key, and Calderon runs back to the top of the key as well leaving my upper corner exposed. Help defense is turned down, I don't understand what is going on and why they act like idiots and don't stay in their zone.

I wish I could tell you. You better learn how to switch players fast because they DO do dumb stuff

My defensive players are so dumb too, I think in my game with kirby, fucking barea kept going to guard Oden and Jefferson would try and guard Blake, what the fuck :lol

charsace

Mrbob said:

You surprised? College Hoops 2k8 is better than all the bball games released this year.

Who want with Vince,
Who ready to die breathing,
With his Robin Devin,
Pretty light cat on the come up,
sex up more hoes that Wade,
Wilt Chamberlin of back court players,
Be playing in your woman's back court,
Rubbing hands through is wavey fade,
Praying that someday you'll be able to do the same,

Shitty little rap aside, who wants the NETS!?!

Mrbob

I saw college hoops 2k8 at best buy for 10 bucks. I should buy it.

pheeniks said:
I wish I could tell you. You better learn how to switch players fast because they DO do dumb stuff

My defensive players are so dumb too, I think in my game with kirby, fucking barea kept going to guard Oden and Jefferson would try and guard Blake, what the fuck :lol

I see what you are saying, but it is so bad I can't even play defense thanks to micromanaging two people who won't stay in their zone. They keep moving into the same zone.

I hope my opponents don't get mad, but I'm not going to play on ball defense if I call a 3-2 zone and one of my AI guys is not staying in his zone. Nor do I think my opponents should either. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your defense to play on your guy if the AI isn't smart enough to stay where he belongs. There are certain screen play that can leave a three point shooter open in man coverage, where I would have a guy there in zone coverage. I'm not sacrificing the top half of the three point arc to make sure I'm playing on my man in a zone.

that has been my thought from the beginning. i don't play zone often, but when i do i always get burned not because it's the wrong call, but because my guys are idiots. if i'm playing zone and not on the ball either a) pass to where my zone is or b) dont bitch! :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
play zone and ill move around and make it so your dumb shit AI follows the wrong guy :lol

ask konex. Some of the zone defenses are broken. its awful

Barrage

Gave my GT to Smokey. As soon as I get the Invite, i'll be in.

Anyone who needs to play the Spurs, i'll be around tonight.

Smokey

Barrage said:
Gave my GT to Smokey. As soon as I get the Invite, i'll be in.

Anyone who needs to play the Spurs, i'll be around tonight.

Have you signed into the 2k service yet with this GT?

It's not letting me send the invite..saying you haven't signed into the 2k service w/ this GT yet.

The OP has also been updated with new players' GTs.

Barrage

FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex or barrage: i'll be online tonight around 10 pm pst if you guys can play. let me know!

10 Pacific...motherfucker you think i'm some kind of vampire? That's sleep time!

eh, maybe

daw840

Sometimes I wonder about why the hell I try to even play in this league. I will never win a championship, ever, as long as smokey is playing. I just can't seem to do anything right in this league. I have the best rated team in the entire game and I still can't seem to win. I fucking go WAY out of my way to play my games and just end up pissed off when I am playing.

Anyway, GG smokey. I guess.

daw840

Sometimes I wonder about why the hell I try to even play in this league. I will never win a championship, ever, as long as smokey is playing. I just can't seem to do anything right in this league. I have the best rated team in the entire game and I still can't seem to win. I fucking go WAY out of my way to play my games and just end up pissed off when I am playing.

Smokey

daw840 said:

Good game.

The problem in our game was your 3 pt shooting to be honest, which is what I planned. I looked at your shooting zone chart on the website before we played (like I do before every game) to figure out where you were best at from the floor. I noticed that from 3 point range you were 17% from left corner, 33% from left wing, 13% from top, 29% from right wing, and 0% from right corner. You were a little bit better % wise from mid range, but your highest percentage came on the left block area...around 50%.

So with this info I decided to run a 2-3 zone to take away the mid range, and make you shoot 3's which were you're lowest %, and I'd stick with it until you shot me out of it. Pierce was your best 3pt shooter % wise so I changed the matchups to put Wallace on him to disrupt him on the perimeter.

I was waiting for you to maybe attack the zone and take advantage of the high low area, but you never did. I think you were 1/18 from 3, but you didn't actually start attacking the zone until the end of the game.

I sense frustration in your post (directed at me?)...I'm just trying to play the game :/

Anyway gg again.

ecnal

lol wtf, did 2k finally fix the servers?! i logged online in one try and it only took ~40 seconds! :lol

SPURS or PISTONS, lets do this!

Smokey said:
Good game.

The problem in our game was your 3 pt shooting to be honest, which is what I planned. I looked at your shooting zone chart on the website before we played (like I do before every game) to figure out where you were best at from the floor. I noticed that from 3 point range you were 17% from left corner, 33% from left wing, 13% from top, 29% from right wing, and 0% from right corner. You were a little bit better % wise from mid range, but your highest percentage came on the left block area...around 50%.

So with this info I decided to run a 2-3 zone to take away the mid range, and make you shoot 3's which were you're lowest %, and I'd stick with it until you shot me out of it. Pierce was your best 3pt shooter % wise so I changed the matchups to put Wallace on him to disrupt him on the perimeter.

I was waiting for you to maybe attack the zone and take advantage of the high low area, but you never did. I think you were 1/18 from 3, but you didn't actually start attacking the zone until the end of the game.

I sense frustration in your post (directed at me?)...I'm just trying to play the game :/

Anyway gg again.

smokey is serious business

ecnal

anyone know if there are ports you need to forward if you're behind a router?

barrage can't connect to me, and vice-versa.

edit: nm, he's not behind a router. strange.

daw840

pheeniks said:
smokey is serious business

That's my point. I have a life outside of constantly playing these games and working out strategy's and what not. I will never be able to compete with the 3-4 people that actually do research and figure shit out. IDK, I am just frustrated because I used to score 100+ points when I played with the Nuggets but now that I have a team that's actually better I can't seem to do shit.

Anyone else want to win tonight?

Sorry True, that's too late for me

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
3-2 in my 4 and 1/2 games without pau. Ill take it

Its not so much stratagy's. as long as you learn your own team you'll be much better. Rondo and Perkins jumpshots are not gonna scare me. your supporting players are taking too many shots. The Celtics dont have that kind of bench for you to be giving them that.

you need to use PP WAY more. all you did with him was spot up 3 and drive to the hoop. take a 18 footer or post up a little more.

Get KG in some 1 on 1 situation on the high post too. There was no way Dorrell Wright was gonna stop anything KG could do.

Also if your gonna be shooting the 3 alot use Eddie House not Sam I Am

Raptors, Lakers, Pistons, I'll be around tomorrow from about 3:30 to 6:30 EST, hopefully we'll be able to get some games in. If necessary I might be able to play late tomorrow night as well.

DCX, you think we can play tomorrow?

Smokey

daw840 said:
That's my point. I have a life outside of constantly playing these games and working out strategy's and what not. I will never be able to compete with the 3-4 people that actually do research and figure shit out. IDK, I am just frustrated because I used to score 100+ points when I played with the Nuggets but now that I have a team that's actually better I can't seem to do shit.

Anyone else want to win tonight?

Sorry True, that's too late for me

:lol I don't research anything :). I've played bball in RL since I was 3 and play PG so it's very easy for me to figure out strategy or ways to attack a defense just by looking at a situation or in this case a picture showing shooting %.

To me it's just about adjustments really. I've got responsibilites too (as I'm sure everybody here does), but I do like figuring out how to attack the person I'm playing against and on the other end how to stop them.

CB3 said:
3-2 in my 4 and 1/2 games without pau. Ill take it

Its not so much stratagy's. as long as you learn your own team you'll be much better. Rondo and Perkins jumpshots are not gonna scare me. your supporting players are taking too many shots. The Celtics dont have that kind of bench for you to be giving them that.

you need to use PP WAY more. all you did with him was spot up 3 and drive to the hoop. take a 18 footer or post up a little more.

Get KG in some 1 on 1 situation on the high post too. There was no way Dorrell Wright was gonna stop anything KG could do.

Also if your gonna be shooting the 3 alot use Eddie House not Sam I Am

This too. I didn't notice Eddie House in the game when you were shooting 3's...and he's pretty much automatic.

Top Bottom