• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

daw840

Smokey said:
:lol I don't research anything :). I've played bball in RL since I was 3 and play PG so it's very easy for me to figure out strategy or ways to attack a defense just by looking at a situation or in this case a picture showing shooting %.

To me it's just about adjustments really. I've got responsibilites too (as I'm sure everybody here does), but I do like figuring out how to attack the person I'm playing against and on the other end how to stop them.

This too. I didn't notice Eddie House in the game when you were shooting 3's...and he's pretty much automatic.

I really wasn't trying to insult you at all. You are a very good player. TBH, I know next to nothing about B-Ball in real life so this makes sense I am not competitive in the league. It just seeme4d like when I was playing with a team I really cared about (Nuggets) I did a whole hell of a lot better. It's frustrating this season to realize how much I really suck at this game. I mean, come on, I have the best team in the game and have only won 2 games out of 9. That's pretty fucking pathetic.

Barrage

Just had a great first game with ecnal. We both went paint-heavy in the first half (30 each), so it was hilarious seeing both of us avoid it during the third like a dark abyss. :lol

I really like how good a rebounding team this Spurs squad is a whole. I need to find a way to implement Tim Duncan better-it's hard when he's an inhuman monster in the paint, but his shot is frigging jagged and his FT is downright fucked.

FMT, i'm down for the 1:00 match. Fuck school, i'm in a 2K mode right now.

Barrage said:
Just had a great first game with ecnal. We both went paint-heavy in the first half (30 each), so it was hilarious seeing both of us avoid it during the third like a dark abyss. :lol

I really like how good a rebounding team this Spurs squad is a whole. I need to find a way to implement Tim Duncan better-it's hard when he's an inhuman monster in the paint, but his shot is frigging jagged and his FT is downright fucked.

FMT, i'm down for the 1:00 match. Fuck school, i'm in a 2K mode right now.
left or right tap, up. that's all im gonna say. ;)

daw840 said:
I really wasn't trying to insult you at all. You are a very good player. TBH, I know next to nothing about B-Ball in real life so this makes sense I am not competitive in the league. It just seeme4d like when I was playing with a team I really cared about (Nuggets) I did a whole hell of a lot better. It's frustrating this season to realize how much I really suck at this game. I mean, come on, I have the best team in the game and have only won 2 games out of 9. That's pretty fucking pathetic.

have ray allen and paul pierce shooting off screens more instead of iso. and don't ever let rondo shoot a jumpshot....

gg barrage, your guys just weren't hitting open J's but joe johnson is nearly unstoppable.

carrol is money on open 3's and long range jumpers.... i wish his defense was a bit better though, absolute liability when he is on the floor. i can't stay in front of people with him and he's like a bitch fighting through screens. oh well :(

Barrage

Ugh. I honestly was afraid I wouldn't break double digits in the first quarter.

THe hype about Dirk is true-motherfucker is a damn handful.

Kurt Thomas is officially on the trading block as of now, btw.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Raptors, Lakers, Pistons, I'll be around tomorrow from about 3:30 to 6:30 EST, hopefully we'll be able to get some games in. If necessary I might be able to play late tomorrow night as well.

DCX, you think we can play tomorrow?
I will be home around 3:40 or so est. I'll hop on then.

DCX

discovered a new shitty animation playing against cerrius

He would do a stepback move and i would jump straight up at his first pump fake. unfortunately, if you jump even straight up, a shitty animation occurs where his player morphs into yours for a foul. all you can do is run up to him and stick your hands up...which seriously does dick in this game

fuck that shit

Mrbob

Hahah i saw that happen a couple times in my scrimmage with mayo. Got a foul called and he went through wades body to shoot.

Cerrius, master of abusing glitches in this game. ;)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
discovered a new shitty animation playing against cerrius

He would do a stepback move and i would jump straight up at his first pump fake. unfortunately, if you jump even straight up, a shitty animation occurs where his player morphs into yours for a foul. all you can do is run up to him and stick your hands up...which seriously does dick in this game

fuck that shit

:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U

let's just call it veteran savvy

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
Hahah i saw that happen a couple times in my scrimmage with mayo. Got a foul called and he went through wades body to shoot.

Cerrius, master of abusing glitches in this game. ;)

Totally agreed. Dude knows how to play "the game". Not the game of basketball, but the game of NBA2k9. It's ridiculous.

daw840

Truelize said:
Totally agreed. Dude knows how to play "the game". Not the game of basketball, but the game of NBA2k9. It's ridiculous.

Will you be available at all tonight? I am going to try to work out a time tonight to play our game!

veteran savvy MY ASS. like i said, i can't control my player morphing into yours. in fact, this basically means i can't block a fucking shot of yours...such bullshit

I DEMAND THAT WE BAN THE JUMPSHOT FROM THIS LEAGUE

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
veteran savvy MY ASS. like i said, i can't control my player morphing into yours. in fact, this basically means i can't block a fucking shot of yours...such bullshit

I DEMAND THAT WE BAN THE JUMPSHOT FROM THIS LEAGUE
You do understand this would affect your Albert Richardefferson, right?

EDIT: I say we just ban him instead!

AirBrian said:
You do understand this would affect your Albert Richardefferson, right?

EDIT: I say we just ban him instead!

I said jumpshot, not dunk/hook shot :D

I think I've figured out the release for Barea too...thanks FMT. hope you're enjoying whatever scrub I sent your way

i cant wait to scrim you guys tonight to show you the true power of JJ barea.

does anyone else have a player that sometimes...dribbles themselves out of bounds/backcourt? god it pisses me off, you stand there while the guy slowly waltzes out of bounds :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
Will you be available at all tonight? I am going to try to work out a time tonight to play our game!

Yes I'll be around. Just let me know. Send me a message here and on Live. That way you are sure to get me.

It will be the battle of the horribles.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ill give you devon george for oj mayo

lol

EDIT: ok ok, been gettin some offers but they're not what im lookin for.

I'm lookin for a slashin PG with a good layup/dunk rating

daw840

Truelize said:
Yes I'll be around. Just let me know. Send me a message here and on Live. That way you are sure to get me.

It will be the battle of the horribles.

I will be lucky to score 40 points...

DCX what's up?

Raptors, Pistons I'm around.

-Well if any of you can play just send me a message on XBL, gamertag is MightBeWrong. I should be online for a few hours.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malley is available right now for about an hour (it's 7est). If either Charsace or Daw are around he can play.

Message him on AIM if you can play.

His AIM = mrblack nj

My bad. Malley will be available after 10est tonight. Look for him on AIM if you can play.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
DCX what's up?

Raptors, Pistons I'm around.

-Well if any of you can play just send me a message on XBL, gamertag is MightBeWrong. I should be online for a few hours.
What's up is that we agreed to 3ish, then 4ish and it's like 7 :/ Family is all home, American Idol and Lost tonight :( I might stay up late just to play you i guess.

DCX

DCX said:
What's up is that we agreed to 3ish, then 4ish and it's like 7 :/ Family is all home, American Idol and Lost tonight :( I might stay up late just to play you i guess.

DCX

Like I said, I got out of work over an hour late, which totally threw off my timing for us to play. I probably won't be able to play late tonight. What's tomorrow look like for you?

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Like I said, I got out of work over an hour late, which totally threw off my timing for us to play. I probably won't be able to play late tonight. What's tomorrow look like for you?
Same deal. Hopefully we can get together.

DCX

AirBrian

I've only been to the Pluckers by SMU and it is very, very good. But to be honest, I like Buffalo Wild Wings better. Great, now I want some wings. :lol

ecnal

AirBrian said:
Me and Barrage couldn't connect. Both going straight to the modem. 2K sucks balls.

this happened to barrage and i last night as well... it eventually let us connect though. :lol

ZEP; you around to play our game?

Top Bottom