• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

ecnal

he's on internet from a university, so i'm going to assume it's an issue on his end. NAT issue maybe?

dunno, but i've never had a problem connecting to anyone until i tried last night with barrage. sucks too, he's a good addition to the league!

Barrage

*sigh& I don't know what the fuck is up, if it's my net or what.

Ecnal-tried multiple times to connect, finally do, lag-free
FMT-Connected on first shot, lag-free
AirBrian-tried multiple times to connect, never manage to
Birdman-connect on first try, Insanely laggy

I'm going to have to try to get it checked out tomorrow.

cerrius is the kevin mchale of this league. he's building franchises for other teams, first he gave me jefferson then he gave undefeated atlanta oj mayo

and he's using the wolves :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
cerrius is the kevin mchale of this league. he's building franchises for other teams, first he gave me jefferson then he gave undefeated atlanta oj mayo

and he's using the wolves :lol

1. I was winning with Jefferson but I wasn't having fun playing the post up game. I want to run and gun. I wanted to acquire Beasley but was cockblocked so Mayo was my second option.

2. Mayo was great but his passing is shit and ballhandling is average which makes him a bad fit at Point Guard.

3. Bibby is an assassin from the 3pt line with a great pass rating and ballhandling ability. He's very fast too, which plays perfectly for the tempo I want to play in.

My run n gun Twolves dream team is almost complete.

Bibby, Miller, Jones, Quinn - 3pt bombs all day

ugh i can't play tomorrow, thats why i wanted to play tonight i wont be around tomorrow or friday!

you should have played me first, my offense sucks! i think the league advances on friday so if you can't play tonight its going to get simmed :(

give me 9 minutes! lost is almost over....

relax, the game seems to roll the dice on you in regards to your D. sometimes you just can't stop anyone. the trick is to put pressure on them by taking good shots yourself. remember, you can score 50 points in the paint so dont be afraid to go inside to get your guys going. a good offense will help your defense! if you're taking jumpers and 3's all game you're helping out your opponent

Birdman02

AirBrian said:
Me and Barrage couldn't connect. Both going straight to the modem. 2K sucks balls.

He and I were able to connect, but it was laggy as hell....we barely made it 2 minutes into the game before quitting. It was like playing the game in slow motion.

konex your defense isn't the problem, it's your offense. it doesn't look like you run ANY set plays. no screens, no pick and rolls. it was like you ran up court, then wildly threw the ball to whoever and took a contested shot. it's cool to just "go with the flow" sometimes, but that is what usually gets me in trouble. when i start running set plays and get some good looks thats when things take a turn for the better.

your defense wasn't horrible but you played zone about 70% of the time and i was just getting open look after open look.

i had 81 points and FOUR points in the paint! i know you said you got burned playing man against bob but zone in this game only works in SOME situations, not everytime down the floor.

anyhow, work on your offense and your defense will improve also. you should be slingin' and slangin' with chris paul and david west!

Mrbob

Well he shouldn't try to press wade in the back court with paul in our game. :lol

He did that on almost every possession in the first half, and I blew by him and had openings all game long. It is easy to score when its 5 on 4 in man.

I do have to thank him for switching to a 3-2 zone in the second half. That coverage has confused me for the longest time, but I finally saw openings in our game and how to pass the ball in it. Thanks konex! :D

thats true also. there are times when pressure is right, but its not early in the game. just get your guys back and hang out around the 3 point line ready to defend. RARELY do you get straight up steals that way (even with a player like paul or kidd), so whats the point unless you are desperate? those 2 steals you get aren't worth the countless open lanes and passing windows you allow. the PG gets past YOU trying to press, then someone has to come over to help, leaving his guy wide open for a shot

Birdman02

Are we advancing tomorrow? I still have 4 games to play....Bob and I are probably playing tonight.

Charsace, you wanna try to get our game in tonight too?

That would leave Malley and Barrage (who I couldn't play last night thanks to terrible lag).

AirBrian

Guys, the league advances on Saturday...

Smokey said:
okie dokie

I've advanced the schedule to week 2. Fresh slate of games to play. Barrage I'll send you an invite as soon as viakado drops. There's also another new owner, kirby's nephew. Played against him last night and he'll be okay. His GT is HEY LOW 2 :)lol). He doesn't have a GAF account yet but you can get to him through kirby or through XBL.

We're moving on to Week 3 next Saturday (14th).

daw840

AirBrian said:
Guys, the league advances on Saturday...

That's great.

True. I might be able to play tonight between 6-7 CST. Otherwise, I will be around tomorrow. Sorry about last night, I thought the GF was working but ended up she wasn't and wanted to go out.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
That's great.

True. I might be able to play tonight between 6-7 CST. Otherwise, I will be around tomorrow. Sorry about last night, I thought the GF was working but ended up she wasn't and wanted to go out.

Well I'm working tonight and then I'm taking me wife out on Friday for our valentine's day night (don't want to miss the allstar weekend - any real man would have worked this out too :D)

So if the league advances on Saturday before I'm home from work then I guess it's a coin toss.

ecnal

zep, can you play our game today? i'll be around till about 3pm PST and then i'll be available again after 8:30pm PST.

let me know if you can play... also, any admin, please approve my trade with cerrius!

DCX said:
We can scrim but if he pops in, i'l ditching the scrim

DCX

I have a limited window of time that I'll be able to play tonight. It'd have to be around 8:15 EST. Otherwise, we'll have to play tomorrow. Sorry, I've just got a lot of stuff going on right now.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
I have a limited window of time that I'll be able to play tonight. It'd have to be around 8:15 EST. Otherwise, we'll have to play tomorrow. Sorry, I've just got a lot of stuff going on right now.
Tomorrow would be better...i cant guarantee i can be here at 8:15.

DCX

Barrage

Well, just played a random game online...no connection problems, lag-free. Hopefully whatever was the problem with my connection has been fixed.

Anyone that need to play me, i'll be on around 8:30-9 EST.

Mrbob

I feel dirty inside right now, but i just bought a 120gb hard drive off of amazon since I got it for 105 new with the 30 dollar new visa card rebate....hopefully the menus run quicker with it installed.

Hopefully I can get 15 to 20 for the data transfer cable on ebay and then get around the same amount for my 20gb hard drive so I don't feel as bad to caving into the evil ms empire for such a ridiculously overpriced item.

charsace

Birdman02 said:
Are we advancing tomorrow? I still have 4 games to play....Bob and I are probably playing tonight.

Charsace, you wanna try to get our game in tonight too?

That would leave Malley and Barrage (who I couldn't play last night thanks to terrible lag).
I've replied yes to you every time you ask for games and you never show up or reply. I can play after 9:30 est.

ecnal

ecnal said:
zep, can you play our game today? i'll be around till about 3pm PST and then i'll be available again after 8:30pm PST.

let me know if you can play... also, any admin, please approve my trade with cerrius!

Top Bottom