• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey said:
After much practicing I'm hoping I finally figured out Redd's release. Here's what he had in my 5 ranked online matches. We know how ranked matches can get, but I tried to play like I would in the leagues (running plays etc):

31 pts W
46 pts L
33 pts W
45 pts W
30 pts 6-8 3pt fg W

Now if I can get these in the league I'll be alright!

stuckey for redd

Birdman02

Smokey said:
After much practicing I'm hoping I finally figured out Redd's release. Here's what he had in my 5 ranked online matches. We know how ranked matches can get, but I tried to play like I would in the leagues (running plays etc):

31 pts W
46 pts L
33 pts W
45 pts W
30 pts 6-8 3pt fg W

I had similar lobby games with him before I traded with the Bucks.....they were the main reason I made the trade, but I could never get the same production in a league game.

You'll probably have better luck (skill) than I did!!!

Mrbob

Deadline is coming....Calderon is on the trading block if someone wants to give him a shot.

I want a starting PG in return.

Smokey said:

31 pts W
46 pts L
33 pts W
45 pts W
30 pts 6-8 3pt fg W

Aren't ranked matches set to like Pro or Rookie setting? I think you might have a false sense of.... oh wait nvm, nvm. Its Hall of Fame just like the league. yep.

charsace

So are the mods going to do something about the nets/spurs game?

I guess the mods will keep on ignoring me. You guys are doing an awesome job. 2 thumbs up!

Mrbob

So Smokey help me out with steals. I had like 6 steals that scrimmage game against you I gave up an easy shot because I couldn't get the damn ball back. How do I get the ball after I strip it. :/

trade deadline in 3 days.
just a heads up. here's the list of players on the block. have fun:D
edit:updated as of saturday morning.
166kiep.jpg

Mrbob

Oh and I will figure out Calderon if it kills me. :/

Dude is 85 mid and 86 in 3s, he misses way too many open shots for me.

If he could hit his damn shots I would put up 85+ a game in regulation.

Smokey

charsace said:
So are the mods going to do something about the nets/spurs game?

I guess the mods will keep on ignoring me. You guys are doing an awesome job. 2 thumbs up!

what the hell are you talking about?

Mrbob said:
So Smokey help me out with steals. I had like 6 steals that scrimmage game against you I gave up an easy shot because I couldn't get the damn ball back. How do I get the ball after I strip it. :/

Are you talking about on fast breaks?

DiddyBop

Mrbob said:
Oh and I will figure out Calderon if it kills me. :/

Dude is 85 mid and 86 in 3s, he misses way too many open shots for me.

If he could hit his damn shots I would put up 85+ a game in regulation.
i warned you ppl:lol he sucks. his release is broken in this game.

charsace

Smokey said:
what the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking about on fast breaks?
I was winning by 19 at the end of the 3rd and the game disconnected. I wanted to get a win for this since I was well on my way to one.

DCX

DCX
Konex, i sent you a trade offer. Also, when can we play our game? I can play anytime after 9-10pm est.

DCX

Mrbob

When I would attempt to swipe the ball away, I would knock it out of your players hands, the ball would roll around. You would get it back, I was out of position because of this my AI went all over the place, and you would get an easy shot.

DiddyBop said:
i warned you ppl:lol he sucks. his release is broken in this game.

I think this game has his release wrong. Perfect release doesn't work with him. I've been holding it long. I've been doing VERY BAD release and I've now hit 15 straight outside jumpers with him. Shitty 2K coding ftw.

Mrbob said:
When I would attempt to swipe the ball away, I would knock it out of your players hands, the ball would roll around. You would get it back, I was out of position because of this my AI went all over the place, and you would get an easy shot.

I think this game has his release wrong. Perfect release doesn't work with him. I've been holding it long. I've been doing VERY BAD release and I've now hit 15 straight outside jumpers with him. Shitty 2K coding ftw.

so what's the asking price on calderon?

I'll figure his ass out.

Mrbob

Well I would like a PG in return so probably stuckey.

But I don't know if I want him since his mid and outside range is lower.

Mrbob said:
Well I would like a PG in return so probably stuckey.

But I don't know if I want him since his mid and outside range is lower.

Yeah there's no way I could give you Stuckey after everyone here says Calderon is ass :lol

Conley's a great PG as far as it goes for setting people up. He can get into the lane to collapse the defense for your perimeter players (Think Nash/Paul) but he is only good for one thing on offense, and that's floaters in the lane. So if that's what you're looking for...

and I think you should just give up on ratings. Beasley's not the highest rated guy and the motherfucker drops 50 regularly, and Calderon's supposedly rated higher but is ass

that is why you should trade me udonis haslem

Mrbob

Naw, I would rather figure him out than deal him for a scrub.

I get him figured out, I'm going to the finals. My offense can't be stopped if Calderon starts hitting his damn jumpers.

I can collapse the D with Wade. And if they don't collapse in on me I'm dunking it on people.

The only problem with dunks is when Wade gets fancy and he wants to do a two handed jam. He'll put it behind his back gonig for slam and it gets blocked from behind wtf I hate that shit. :lol

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
ugh. who ever started this trend, im gonna rip you a new one in our next league game.
Better than an entire thread of people mocking me by signing my name after thier posts...

DCX

Smokey

michael_redd.jpg

...has officially been unlocked. I scored 30+ w/ him in those 5 ranked games with him I mentioned earlier, but I played 3 scrimmages against MrBob, and I can now say it is official.

I think the problem with figuring out his release is the 'correct' way to do it(like in practice mode), is not the same way you release it online. If you release it "perfect" like in practice mode online, then he will be brick city the majority of time or airball.

Smokey

kirby ask HEY LOW 2 what his msn messenger name is and post it plz.

asap

trade deadline is approaching biznas needs to get done, thnx.

Top Bottom